Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Can I please play as an Ethereal too? Oh the sweetness of having a dual spec light/dark dps and being Ethereal on top of it.
    Let us just bribe Chris Metzen and Co >

(PLEAAAAAAASE)

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Make Heroic Leap baseline. NO glyph that is MANDATORY should be allowed to remain.

Sashomino (flag on back) for warriors as minor glyph. Didn't see this was priests forums, sorry
    Intruder warrior is intruder.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    Let us just bribe Chris Metzen and Co >

(PLEAAAAAAASE)
    Let's try our luck. If bribes won't work, move along with violence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Glyph of Selfish Feathers
    Minor
    Your Angelic Feathers are now colored purple and are only useful by you, you selfish prick.
    I would do bad things for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Saryn View Post
    I would do bad things for that.
    I volunteer for favors to get this done.

It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Let's try our luck. If bribes won't work, move along with violence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naer View Post
    I volunteer for favors to get this done.

It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.
    Mind controlling goes a long way

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Im not sure about the feathers glyph some of you want. I don't think blizzard want to add glyphs to talents. If they begin doing that, then others most likely want glyphs for different talents and im not really sure blizzard want to open that box.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archpriest View Post
    Im not sure about the feathers glyph some of you want. I don't think blizzard want to add glyphs to talents. If they begin doing that, then others most likely want glyphs for different talents and im not really sure blizzard want to open that box.
    Why not? Moonkin's Glyph of Omens affects T3 and T5 talents. So the box is already open if you want to talk in hyperboles like that. Glyphs already add entire abilities. As long as there are no mandatory major or minor glyphs (such as currently Glyph of Sha) what is the problem? Exactly which box is opened? If others have valid complaints or reasons to add a glyph as I mentioned, what is the problem? Because the complaint I described is valid; nothing you wrote attempted to refute its validity.

But adding a glyph that changes to talent just seem to imply that there is something wrong with the talent tier itself. If the idea is that you want a speed boost that only you can use, then Body and Soul allready cover that more easily. In fact, I would prefer if the speed boost from Body and Soul was not tied to PW:S but worked more like a Sprint ability, that only worked on yourself. That way you can choose between a personal sprint or a sprint that can be used on others. That also means that if you want to use feathers for youself, then you can get a much greater speed boost but doing so also has a higher skill cap (placing feathers vs just clicking a spell). Which is something Blizzard seem to like ("hard to use" abilities are more rewarding than lazy ones)
    Anywho that just how i see it. It IS annoying when someone else take the feathers, but thats the nature of the talent and if i dont like that, i should be able to choose a different talent, not change it with a glyph.

I like Holy nova it is my top heal every raid!!

Deleted
    But adding a glyph that changes to talent just seem to imply that there is something wrong with the talent tier itself.
    Let me guess, you play healer on your priest?

There is something wrong with the talent and I have described that in my first post about it. The reason moonkin has that glyph is probably PvP related in other words a niche just like our Shadow Word: Death major glyph.

If an ability is hard to use because of others being shitters/assholes or simply because someone else is stacked on top of you that isn't "fun" and certainly not LFR-friendly, PuG-friendly, casual-friendly or whatever you want to call it. If I am a resto druid healer in LFR and it is patch 5.0 and I get to meet 4 discipline priests I can just as well go moonkin because there will be nothing to heal between all the PoH spam. Thats not "fun".

If the idea is that you want a speed boost that only you can use, then Body and Soul allready cover that more easily.
    Body & Soul isn't remotely as powerful as Angelic Feather when it matters such as on Lei Shen's Helm of Command.

Body & Soul costs mana which sucks for a healing priest but not so much for a shady. The Weakened Soul debuff prevents one from chaining it, and if you have a discipline priest Weakened Soul means either a survivability loss or a movability loss. The advantage of Angelic Feather is 1) the duration and 2) increased speed as well as 3) the ability to have a high uptime on the speed increase. Try to solo a Warbringer you can get near 100% uptime on your Angelic Feather run speed increase. The only problem you may have as non-undead/non-human is the Fear he does (if he has that spec) since you cannot have Fear Ward up for it every time.

Angelic Feather is the only ability in the game which scales bad with size of group. The only ability which becomes worse the more players you have in the group. Perhaps it deserves some special treatment? A band-aid fix, perhaps?

That also means that if you want to use feathers for youself, then you can get a much greater speed boost but doing so also has a higher skill cap (placing feathers vs just clicking a spell). Which is something Blizzard seem to like ("hard to use" abilities are more rewarding than lazy ones)
    My glyph idea wouldn't change the skillshot mechanic, it wouldn't change the ability to pre-plan. The RNG between me or one of the other 24 getting it has nothing to do with skill it has to do with bad design. Angelic Feather would make sense if we don't have movability issues; but that is something we do have as shadow!!

Im still not convinced that having a glyph just to change a talent is a good idea. I think its best if glyphs are used to change main abilities slightly and talents are used to make gamechangers.
    Maybe make feathers a priest spell, with 1-2 charges, that can only be used by the priest him/herself. Then the talent could enhance the spell by giving it an extra charge/longer duration and make other players able to use the feathers? That way every priest get a speed boost, but taking the talent gives the priest a special kind of utility.
    Anywho the thread is about glyphs not talents. I would like more glyphs to change the appearance of shadowfiend! Lightfiend? Mindfiend?(floating brain) Johnney Awesomefiend ? The possibilities are endless!

Give me a Glyph that allows me to cast Mind Flay while moving, even if my movement speed is slowed while casting.

You may thank me later.

We're getting an influx of unholier-than-thou classes because this threads showing up on front page and OP doesn't mention "which priest glyphs"

Anyways

Glyph of Voodoo - Transforms holy light spells into troll voodoo spells, ones cast in Zul'Gurub for example, IDC if they just make it look Shamany, I don't want to use the light!

Glyph of the Tiki - transforms mindbender into a Tiki Mask a'la Crash Bandicoot

Glyph of the panther - Shadowy apparitions appear as leaping shadow panthers.

Wish they just maje smite/holy fire 40yard

some good ideas but i really like the selfish feather one

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Give me a Glyph that allows me to cast Mind Flay while moving, even if my movement speed is slowed while casting.

You may thank me later.
    would be nice but i dont think spriest really needs this kind of glyph
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Try to solo a Warbringer you can get near 100% uptime on your Angelic Feather run speed increase. The only problem you may have as non-undead/non-human is the Fear he does (if he has that spec) since you cannot have Fear Ward up for it every time.
    Or, you just tank him, his scarabs, his spirits, and all his abilities with your face, and if Atonement doesn't heal you through it, then you're bad.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    ...and OP doesn't mention "which priest glyphs"
    This was deliberate, I wanted to see what the community thought and enable the use of creativity without steering the discussion.
    Seems like most people are pretty happy with priests at the moment, the majority seem to desire glyphs with a focus on quality of life and appearances.
    Personally, I think this is a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    would be nice but i dont think spriest really needs this kind of glyph
    I agree, seems unnecessary and would feel very much like warlocks do at the moment.
    Would be nice to see our single target dps a little higher though, from memory I think I read something about making Mind Blast hit a little harder in WoD to take a percentage of our damage away from dots. Maybe we'll be scaled a little higher overall with this change as it won't make multidotting as powerful.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    We're getting an influx of unholier-than-thou classes because this threads showing up on front page and OP doesn't mention "which priest glyphs"

Anyways

Glyph of Voodoo - Transforms holy light spells into troll voodoo spells, ones cast in Zul'Gurub for example, IDC if they just make it look Shamany, I don't want to use the light!

Glyph of the Tiki - transforms mindbender into a Tiki Mask a'la Crash Bandicoot

Glyph of the panther - Shadowy apparitions appear as leaping shadow panthers.
    Phat chance, maybe you should play a shammy pall..
    This would only be cool if your a troll and a shaman.. not a priest..

Deleted
    Im still not convinced that having a glyph just to change a talent is a good idea. I think its best if glyphs are used to change main abilities slightly and talents are used to make gamechangers.
    Perhaps, but that one isn't working for shadow in 25 man or LFR. It won't work in Mythic either. And we already have a glyph made exactly for the same purpose as you described: Glyph of Omens.

Maybe make feathers a priest spell, with 1-2 charges, that can only be used by the priest him/herself. Then the talent could enhance the spell by giving it an extra charge/longer duration and make other players able to use the feathers? That way every priest get a speed boost, but taking the talent gives the priest a special kind of utility.
    The entire T2 is about movement. One is about removing movement impairment, keeping the movement speed up. Another one uses PWS for movement speed and the third one uses feathers. One is for self, the other 2 work on others but PWS cannot be spammed and doesn't work well with other priests especially disc. Blizzard has tried to buff feathers, making them vastly superior. Unfortunately they're simply not viable the more players you have. It doesn't scale. Thats a serious issue. If we got 5 druids we got 5 roars and they got 5 dash. If we got 5 priests we got 5 leaps but the priests themselves well they use feathers for everyone or how does this work? They go worgen?

Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    Or, you just tank him, his scarabs, his spirits, and all his abilities with your face, and if Atonement doesn't heal you through it, then you're bad.
    Fear + daze = no atonement. With what ilvl you do that? Shadow + Angelic Feather + DS + DI will work with low item levels. You wouldn't have to tank anything, and for the Fear you can equip a PvP trinket + Glyph of Fear Ward. Really the only problem I can think of is world PvP. You can kite forever with Angelic Feather...
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2013-11-24 at 03:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought of something better guys:

Glyph of the Angelic Wingman
    Major
    When another player activates your Angelic Feather within 10 yards, you gain the movement speed boost too.

This would fix the complaints about failed feathers in crowded raids, while still also allowing you to intentionally give them away.

Fear + daze = no atonement. With what ilvl you do that?
    Divine Aegis stacks will be enough to cover the downtime, although I do have access to Every Man. First tried it at ~560. Never really messed with them before, they're heavily camped on my server.

- - - Updated - - -

More:

Glyph of the Plague
    Major
    When a target dies with your Devouring Plague on it, you immediately cast a new, free Devouring Plague on another foe within 10 yards. This effect has a 10 second cooldown.

This is meant for levelling and/or solo questing. You could effectively get two full Insanity casts per set of orbs when used on weak or dying mobs.

Glyph of the Guardian Angel
    Major
    Your Archangel reduces all damage you take by 3% per stack and reduces your chance to be critically hit by 6%, but no longer increases healing done. In addition, during Archangel, your Psychic Scream also taunts its targets, attacks that hit you reduce the remaining cooldowns on Archangel and Psychic Scream by 1 sec., and attacks that hit you reduce the remaining duration of Weakened Soul on you by 1sec.

This is a mirror to warlocks' Glyph of Demon Hunting. Between the listed effects, Focused Will, Glyph of Inner Fire, and Glyph of Reflective Shield, I think this could be an interesting and similarly viable (read: barely viable) method of tanking, much like the warlock glyph.

- - - Updated - - -

Glyph of False Prayers
    Major
    Your Prayer of Mending can now be cast on enemies. It bounces when they receive healing and deals shadow damage.

There's no particular reason this exact mechanic needs to exist, I just like the idea of a mirrored shadow equivalent of various spells.

- - - Updated - - -

Glyph of Shared Pain
    Major
    When a foe afflicted with your Shadow Word: Pain hits you, you immediately deal an extra tick of SW:P damage to them. This has no effect on other players.

This is also for solo leveling. After trying to keep pace with my Warlock buddy leveling on the first day of Mists, I was left with nothing but jealousy over how he could just DoT up everything in range and watch them all die.
    Last edited by espoire; 2013-11-24 at 07:27 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

Deleted
    Nice one! Wouldn't solve griefing when you pre-plan your feathers ahead (imagine you pre-plan them around the Warbringer and some random alliance fellow comes to walk through your feathers...) but you know what I would settle for this glyph you suggested since my main concern is 20 Mythic raiding and I also feel for those in LFR. People who intenitonally grief me with such can expect a Leap or Void Shift back in their face.

I submitted both glyphs in Submit Suggestion in WoW. In mine, I removed the profanity and made mine Major (its not cosmetic after all, its utility).

Every Man or trinket is just a DPS/HPS loss if you're forced to use the trinket. If you got time try with ~520 by unequip a bracers or something, curious if you'd survive.

If you use shadow for this, it doesn't really matter how good your gear is (OK there are exceptions..). Your DS will double hit the scarabs and if that isn't enough these can be CCed with Void Tendrils. I don't remember using SWP on them but if you got bad gear it would at least tick. With 520+ in shadow all you gotta do is keep SWP up for DI procs, trying to reach a high uptime of VT (but not at the sacrifice of your health) and trying to keep MB off CD. PWS for safety. Planning some feathers ahead can help but if you are simply able to put them under you you can achieve the uptime on demand when required. The advantage of planning ahead means you can definetely get 100% uptime in start because you'll be able to start with 3 charges. Eventually you'll get some downtime, but if you time it around when he is hard casting it is minimized. Gear just makes the fights last less long which means less amount of possible mistakes. Why does this matter? It shows how viable the talent can be for single player / kiting. B&S is NOT viable in this example. You can use Glyph of Weakened Souls to make it work every 13 seconds (60% for 4 sec) but this is nothing like the uptime of Angelic Feather which makes the kiting as easy as a frost mage or affli lock pre-buff. With Angelic Feather he doesn't even outrun you. Perhaps Body & Soul should be redesigned too, since it doesn't scale with particulary discipline priests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    Glyph of Shared Pain
    Major
    When a foe afflicted with your Shadow Word: Pain hits you, you immediately deal an extra tick of SW:P damage to them. This has no effect on other players.

This is also for solo leveling. After trying to keep pace with my Warlock buddy leveling on the first day of Mists, I was left with nothing but jealousy over how he could just DoT up everything in range and watch them all die.
    Our very own yet still unique Owlkin Frenzy. Would your extra tick be able to proc DI?

I had no issue leveling up in MoP: ToF is nice for chain pulling DI for kiting both for multidot, Mind Sear + Mindbender, Mindbender + Fade, Void Tendrils/Psyfiend + Void Shift, glyphed Embrace. FDCL was also amazing because of the Glyph of Mind Spike. I leveled up with a mage. Warlocks well they've been overpowered until a few weeks after SoO. And they're still amazing...

Nice glyph though. If OP, put an ICD on it.