Deleted

Warlords of Draenor Release?

Hello,

So I watched blizzcon, and blizzard said that WoD would come late winer, early spring next year (2014) ?
    I earlier today saw a Q & A post, with someone asking blizzard If we'd see WoD Beta before February, which the answer was ' IDK ' (I don't know).
    Will we soon see WoD ? Or is it going to be released after summer, as always ?

Releasing after summer isn't likely if that happened we would be in SoO for a year or more with no filler content. The most likely release period is March to June. There are tons of other threads with detailed info on why this is the most likely release period.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, based on a quote by Ghostcrawler on the front page...I think they are very far along in development.

"The problem with flex is, people stop at 13-14 players because mechanics switch to 25m mode. People dont want to fill up.
    There are some break points today, but we've fixed most of those for 6.0. "

Fixed implies they have already worked out a new scaling system for flex. I would think this would be rather low on the list of things to do. Makes me think they are around 70% done already.

8 months to a year. Lets make sure it nice and tuned and rush it

Quote Originally Posted by cassilol View Post
    Hello,
    blizzard said that WoD would come late winer, early spring next year (2014) ?
    Sadly they never said that, and we have no official information about dates.

Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    Well, based on a quote by Ghostcrawler on the front page...I think they are very far along in development.

"The problem with flex is, people stop at 13-14 players because mechanics switch to 25m mode. People dont want to fill up.

Fixed implies they have already worked out a new scaling system for flex. I would think this would be rather low on the list of things to do. Makes me think they are around 70% done already.
    Yeah that sounds right to me. I'd think that fixing scaling issues would be low on the totem pole. Either they switched things up, or more likely, they are pretty far along in development.

I don't think it was low on the list. If they had the Mythic raid system in mind from the getgo, they'd know that Flex had to be altered and fixed first. Need that viable raiding first so they can start to work on the tuning and awesome mechanics of Mythic. But IDK, maybe.

That being said, I hope they announce it soon. I'm gonna guess...February 14th. And if not that, April 1st. And if not that, Cinco de Mayo.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    Yeah that sounds right to me. I'd think that fixing scaling issues would be low on the totem pole. Either they switched things up, or more likely, they are pretty far along in development.
    If they're pretty far along, you'd think they'd be showing more or at least giving more people more news...

That's very easy to do compared to all the work they have to do for hundreds of quests, 6 dungeons, and raids and their loot.

To give time to 10-man heroic guilds to recruit to 20, they would implement this as early as possible. Perhaps in a non-content patch before 6.0. This may be a feature that is needed live BEFORE WoD release.

I don't think that them having already fixed scaling relates to where they are in the overall development.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    I don't think it was low on the list. If they had the Mythic raid system in mind from the getgo, they'd know that Flex had to be altered and fixed first. Need that viable raiding first so they can start to work on the tuning and awesome mechanics of Mythic. But IDK, maybe.

That being said, I hope they announce it soon. I'm gonna guess...February 14th. And if not that, April 1st. And if not that, Cinco de Mayo.

If they're pretty far along, you'd think they'd be showing more or at least giving more people more news...
    Yes but generally Raids are one of the last things that they work on, although with the extra team members from Titan coming in it's possible that they restructured how they build expansions.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    That's very easy to do compared to all the work they have to do for hundreds of quests, 6 dungeons, and raids and their loot.

To give time to 10-man heroic guilds to recruit to 20, they would implement this as early as possible. Perhaps in a non-content patch before 6.0. This may be a feature that is needed live BEFORE WoD release.

I don't think that them having already fixed scaling relates to where they are in the overall development.
    Sure it's an easy feature. But it's that he implies that it is done. And surely they would have focused on completing the raid itself first, before working on a scale system for it.

Late summer at the earliest. I wouldn't be surprised to see it release in September of 2014.

Enjoy SoO.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    That's odd. Feels like we are farther along for WoD than we were for MoP. (Source)
    From this, we can gather they are further along than they were with MoP (on a feeling). MoP was announced at Blizzconn 2011 on October 21-22. We can gather the equivalent release parameters:

MoP: Announced on October 21, 2011 and released on September 25, 2012.
    WoD: Announced on November 8, 2013. Equivalent release would be October 4, 2014. If they are further along (via bigger team and such, I'd give them maybe a 15% boost to stats, taking 15% less time (289 days vs. 340).

Thus, the obvious release date: August 24, 2014. Guaranteed. 15% is not arbitrary It's Metzen's shoe size + ego size.

Deleted
    Next week, mark my words.

Deleted
    hope they will be more freedom to do what I want and if I want to lvl things fast they will be nothing to stop me, as in the garrison idea would be nice if they was no limit to the speed you can lvl it up... none of that daily limit rubbish.

Going to be sometime after "War Crimes" so July maybe late June earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by kjdocs View Post
    Going to be sometime after "War Crimes" so July maybe late June earliest.
    I don't think they would hold it back because of a book if it's ready to go sooner. That would be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I don't think they would hold it back because of a book if it's ready to go sooner. That would be stupid.
    Think about who you're referring to with that remark.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

15+ Year Old Account
    They already announced the Flex scaling "fix" if you can call it that. Instead of being stepped at 14, 19 and 15, instead each additional player past 10 increases the chance of the mechanics scaling to the 14 breakpoint. Conceivably on any attempt it could be different. They think that fixes scaling, but now honestly I'm going to require 14 so I know exactly what mechanics will be there. Pugs have been great for Flex, but adaptability isn't necessarily a strongpoint.