Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Malkorok Heroic Guide

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Malkorok Heroic Guide

If you'd like to motivate me to make more guides in the future, please check out www.vengeanceking.com, follow me on Twitter @Zabuzan and like my Vengeance King page on Facebook.

Introduction
    Hi all,

I created a guide for my guild as reference for Malkorok Heroic, describing our original kill strategy and have decided to share it with the community.

I'm a big fan of text guides in conjunction with video guides and I feel that each has their own merits when preparing for a new encounter during progression. I'd also recommend the Fatboss, Evrelia and Gabestah video guides as a great resource ahead of any progression. Links to these video guides can be found below the text guide I've created.

Hopefully this guide can be of use to other people as well.

I've also included a TL;DR summary, for those only interested in the key points, despite the fairly succinct strategy for the fight.

Disclaimer: This guide is aimed at the 10-man Heroic version of the Malkorok encounter and not all of the information presented may be applicable to 25-man Heroic. This is not a definitive strategy and also assumes a basic knowledge of the normal encounter and the changes to mechanics on Heroic. Other strategies are entirely plausible, but this is what we will be using for our first kill and I can vouch that it works for us!

For links to my other Heroic boss guides, check out the Index Thread.

Raid Composition
    Standard Compositions: 2 Tanks, 5-6 DPS, 2-3 Healers
    Recommended Composition: 2 Tanks, 6 DPS, 2 Healers

Avoid taking too many players that are limited to being in melee range, to give you the best chance of soaking the ranged puddles easily.

5 players at range is the minimum I would recommend taking for progression, but if you have a composition option with only the tanks in melee with 1 other player soaking the melee pools and the other 7 players at range, it will make progression significantly easier to go with that!

Overview
    alkorok is a rinse and repeat style fight and the mechanics are handled very similar to the Normal difficulty incarnation of the encounter. However, the 3 new Heroic mechanics in addition to the increased damage from the boss make this quite a challenging encounter. The biggest risk of all to the raid, is people switching off for a few seconds due to the somewhat repetitive nature of the fight, at which point it's likely they will get bit by an orb/smash/miss a pool and ultimately make a wipe more likely.

The major change on Heroic, is that throughout the main phase where the Ancient Barriers are in place, Malkorok spawns orbs at players locations continually throughout the phase. Standing on or very near to one of these orbs will detonate them, instantly removing the entire Ancient Barrier shield and dealing an additional 150k damage to the player that popped it! Throughout the main phase, there is less and less space for the raid to work with as the number of orbs increase; placement of the orbs to allow for players to move around effectively is key.

When Malkorok knocks a player into the air, an add spawns where the targeted player was stood. It is tankable so should be picked up and dragged into the centre with the boss, it also inflicts it's target with a slow, which makes it somewhat of an annoyance if a slowed player is trying to get out of the way of an Arcing Smash. The adds should be cleaved down quickly, they have low health and as long as they are picked up fast shouldn't pose much of a threat to the raid.

The final addition to Heroic, is that during the Blood Rage phase, the debuff that Malkorok applies to random raid members also roots them in place. This means that stacking up the soak the Blood Rage hits as a raid is infeasible and promotes having only specific players with large mitigation cooldowns to soak the entire phase alone. Having a lone tank without stacks of Fatal Strike soak the Blood Rage is ideal, as it gives them massive Vengeance and helps ease the DPS requirement for a kill. Solo soaking the Blood Rage also means that the rets of the raid are free to run around and clear up as many orbs as they can before the Ancient Barriers go up again and the main phase resumes.

This guide has been quite a long time coming, mostly because the fight itself is very simple but just very brutal relative to Normal and I've struggled to work out exactly what the key issues we had as a group were to get a kill on this guy. Hopefully I've highlighted the key issues and some useful tips below.

Malkorok Heroic is a mechanically simple fight, with no massively worrying Heroic only additional mechanics, but if you aren't fully focused, he will crush you!

Positioning

On Pull
    Raid stacked up for AoE healing, before quickly spreading out.

Unhappy Light Blue Circle = Malkorok
    Purple Circle = Raid stacked up before pull
    Purple Arrows = Raid spread to positions after pull
    Orange Circle = Starting tank
    Standard Position
    Raid should be spread out well and move back to assigned positions after moving to dodge an Arcing Smash or soak a puddle. This is also the positioning the raid should use for the Blood Rage phase.

Purple Circles = Ranged DPS and Healers, spread out
    Pink Circle = Melee DPS and Inactive Tank
    Orange Circle = Active Tank
    Breath of Y'shaarj
    This is just an example and the movement will depend on the Arcing Smash locations; but the general gist is: MOVE!
    ... and once you've dodged it, get back to your standard positions!

Purple Circles = Ranged DPS and Healers, spread out
    Purple Arrows = Ranged DPS and Healers, moving to dodge Breath of Y'shaarj
    Pink Circle = Melee DPS and Inactive Tank
    Orange Circle = Active Tank
    Red Circle = Arcing Smash location raid marker
    Blue Circle = Arcing Smash location raid marker
    Green Circle = Arcing Smash location raid marker
    Strategy
    General Information
    Phase 1 is handled in the same way as on Normal, but with the addition of watching out for orbs and cleaving down the adds that spawn.

If you weren't already doing this for Normal, then I would definitely recommend marking the location where each Arcing Smash has targeted, so that it's easy for your raid members to get in a safe location each time 3 Arcing Smashes have occured and Breath of y'shaarj is about to occur. There are plenty of addons which make keybinding markers for quick placement and cancellation a lot easier, such as: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/wmarker-addon. There are plenty of other options however and simple macros can also be used to the same effect:
    Code:
    /click CompactRaidFrameManagerDisplayFrameLeaderOptionsRaidWorldMarkerButton
    /click DropDownList1Button1
    The tank that will be solo soaking the first Blood Rage should pick up the boss on the pull. The main phase is 2 minutes long, so any cooldowns on a longer time than this that will be required for the Blood Rage should be saved. To quickly top up the whole raid on the pull, I would recommend having the whole raid stack up in an Efflorescence, Healing Rain or similar and then blow some healing cooldowns or just AoE heal like mad to get everyone topped up quickly before spreading out. Heroism and all DPS cooldowns should be used on the pull.

After each Arcing Smash, as on Normal, 3 puddles spawn and explode after a few seconds dealing massive raid damage if a player isn't stood in them to soak. 2 of the puddles are always at a random ranged location, whilst one is always near the melee and tanks. The tanks should never soak the melee pool if they have any Fatal Strike stacks, so either have a melee DPS do it or allocate one of your ranged/healers to soak the mele pools should you be running a zero melee composition.

Have the raid spread out evenly around the arena - if anyone has to move to dodge Arcing Smash, make sure they move back to their assigned location afterwards to avoid gaps forming that will make the puddle soaking very difficult.

To ensure that the starting tank has no stacks of Fatal Strike when the Blood Rage phase starts, the tank swap should occur at 15 stacks. The damage on the tanks above 12 stacks can get quite high, so if possible use a small defensive cooldown to cover that point or at the very least ensure active mitigation is up for the final few stacks. Depending on what tank classes you have available and what externals you have at your disposal, it may be that one tank cannot solo soak both Blood Rages. If that is the case, then the tank that didn't start on the pull should tank first after the first Blood Rage, to ensure they begin the second Blood Rage without stacks of Fatal Strike.

Every time a player is knocked up, the tanks or melee should taunt the add that spawnsinto the centre with the boss and the raid should quickly cleave it down to avoid players being slowed.

Fight Outline
    MAIN PHASE - STAY WELL SPREAD OUT TO MAKE SOAKING PUDDLES EASIER - 2 minutes
    Add spawns
    Arcing Smash -> Mark
    Soak Puddles
    Add spawns
    Arcing Smash -> Mark
    Soak Puddles
    Add spawns
    Arcing Smash -> Mark
    Soak Puddles then move to avoid getting hit by Breath of Y'shaarj
    Add spawns
    Arcing Smash -> Mark
    Soak Puddles
    Add spawns
    Arcing Smash -> Mark
    Soak Puddles
    Add spawns
    Arcing Smash -> Mark
    BLOOD RAGE - STAY AWAY FROM THE SOLO SOAKING TANK TO AVOID THE MELEE CLEAVE - 20 seconds
    MAIN PHASE - STAY WELL SPREAD OUT TO MAKE SOAKING PUDDLES EASIER - 2 minutes
    Add spawns
    Arcing Smash -> Mark
    Soak Puddles
    Add spawns
    Arcing Smash -> Mark
    Soak Puddles
    Add spawns
    Arcing Smash -> Mark
    Add spawns
    Arcing Smash -> Mark
    Soak Puddles
    Add spawns
    Arcing Smash -> Mark
    Soak Puddles
    Add spawns
    Arcing Smash -> Mark
    Soak Puddles then move to avoid getting hit by Breath of y'shaarj
    BLOOD RAGE - STAY AWAY FROM THE SOLO SOAKING TANK TO AVOID THE MELEE CLEAVE - 20 seconds
    Enrage shortly afterwards, should aim to kill the boss before the Blood Rage ends.
    So, as you can see, there really isn't much to this fight at a general level! There are 2 key topics I'll touch on next, which if handled incorrectly will cause serious issues.

Dealing with the Orbs
    Orbs will be spawning on non-melee raid members every few seconds, so it is vital that all players are constantly on the lookout and adjust their position accordingly each time an orb spawns on them. Popping an orb during the main phase is a huge waste of the Ancient Barrier shield that the healers are frantically trying to keep filled up, so avoiding getting hit by the orbs is pivotal to the encounter. At 150k damage to a players actual health pool per hit, it also means that if a single player runs into more than a couple of orbs during a main phase, their chance of survival to the Blood Rage diminishes greatly.

One thing that is absolutely key, is the placement of the orbs - and as a result, your own positioning. In early pulls, we had numerous occasions where players had lined up orbs in a row to save space, only to find that they need to get past the wall they've created to soak a puddle after the Arcing Smash and either have to go the long way round and risk wiping the raid by not soaking the puddle, or end up having to pop a load of orbs to soak the puddles which might kill them in the process (after which they then soak the puddle which will almost definitely kill them in the process!).

Throughout the main phase, players need to be aware of the routes they have available to them and avoid closing themselves off into a corner. Dropping the orbs in small groups and then leaving a few yards gap as an exit route between the next drop zone works quite well and conserves space. However, if you are able to soak a large number of orbs during the Blood Rage, then dropping each orb a couple of yards apart from any other orb will make life a lot easier.

Dealing with the Blood Rage
    Solo soak it! Aside from anything else, solo soaking the Blood Rage turns the affected tank into a Vengeance King! Any tank will be able to do this effectively, though Paladins and Monks are ideal as they do not even need externals to do so. Blood Rage lasts 20 seconds, with Malkorok hitting every couple of seconds for 2.4M damage per cleave and piercing armor. Below is the calculation I used at the time to see how solo soaking was looking for me:

I've made this spreadsheet available on Google Docs, so you are welcome to download the tempalte and plug in your own cooldowns if you like!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3c&usp=sharing

On our first kill, I actually solo soaked both Blood Rages, with just Divine Protection and Externals for the 2nd Blood Rage.

Whilst a tank is soaking the Blood Rage alone, the raid should spread out and keep nuking the boss. If anyone strays too near the tank soaking the Blood Rage, they will probably get one shot by the cleave if they don't have a large mitigation cooldown up... so just don't do it!

Any players with large mitigation cooldowns or immunities should run around popping as many orbs as possible before the Blood Rage ends. Hunters with Deterrence, Shadow Priests with Dispersion, Paladins with Divine Shield and so on all work very well. The healers need to be watching out for dispels as soon as any players get the debuff applied to them - abilities like Stampeding Roar and Hand of Freedom are also great for removing the root so the affected players can keep clearing orbs.

If handled correctly and sufficient players are soaking orbs, pretty much the entire arena can be cleared before the Ancient Barriers go up and the Main Phase gets going again. The players soaking will be taking a relatively high amount of damage unless they are using a total immunity, so an AoE healing cooldown is ideally placed here to keep the raid topped up.

After a Blood Rage ends, the damage that Malkorok deals is increased by 25% - get ready for the pain

Summary
    • Heroism and all CDs on pull.
    • Pick up and cleave down the adds that spawn.
    • Heal everyone's shields up as quickly as possible.
    • Place a marker at each Arcing Smash location.
    • Clear markers after Breath of Y'shaarj.
    • Stay well spread to soak the puddles that spawn after Arcing Smash.
    • Don't corner yourself with orbs, always leave a gap to escape.
    • Don't get hit by Arcing Smash (if you do, you are a scrub!!)
    • Don't get hit by Breath of Y'shaarj (if you do, you are a scrub!!)
    • Don't get hit by orbs that spawn on you (if you do, you are a scrub!!)
    • Call out each distinct event to remind everyone where they are up to:
      Add
      Arcing Smash
      Soak Puddle
      Add
      Arcing Smash
      Soak Puddle
      Add
      Arcing Smash
      Soak Puddle
      Breath of Y'shaarj - GET SAFE!
      Add
      Arcing Smash
      Soak Puddle
      Add
      Arcing Smash
      Soak Puddle
      Add
      Arcing Smash
      Soak Puddle
      Breath of Y'shaarj - GET SAFE!
      Blood Rage - GET AWAY FROM THE TANK!
      REPEAT!!

General Tips
    • You can use an immunity or high mitigation cooldown to clear orbs during the Main Phase as well if space becomes an issue, but bear in mind that it will remove your shield and even through a full immunity such as Divine Shield, we did notice that hp did deplete very slightly.
    • Call out every add spawn, smash (and mark), puddle soak and when to get safe, even once it's clockwork, it's still far safer to remind people as if someone switches off for a second, they will probably die!
    • Stick a marker on the tanks and shout at any players getting too close to the solo soaking tank during the Blood Rage! If a player gets clipped by the cleave, they will probably die.

Video Guides
    Below are some video guides for further reference, bear in mind that not all aspects of the strategies or tips described in the videos may be shared with my own information, but can be used in conjunction with the guide for a better overall idea ahead of progressing on this encounter.

Fatboss Video Guide:
    LINK

Evrelia Video Guide:
    LINK

Gabestah Long Video Guide:
    LINK To be added.

Gabestah Short Video Guide:
    LINK To be added.

Gabestah Tank Video Guide:
    LINK To be added.

Gabestah DPS Video Guide:
    LINK To be added.

Gabestah Healer Video Guide:
    LINK To be added.

Reference Links
    For a full list of Gabestah Video Guides, please check out his thread HERE

Icy Veins General Nazgrim Guide: LINK

Healiocentric Malkorok Guide: LINK

Change Log
    1. Amended colour formatting
    2. Added Positioning diagrams
    3. Added Blood Rage calculation diagram

<Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Deleted
    Great guide; Just adding what our group found useful here (or didn't find useful):

Stacking up for healing when the fight begins was a complete waste of time for us, as healing the 50k ticks and topping off shields was a non issue. We did however run with a resto shaman and a holy priest.

We had a ranged pull the boss initially in order to get a shield stacked on the tank before the boss hit him. I personally believe that a healthstone or a hp cooldown (renewal for instance) would have sufficed. Anyways the dps check is very easy nowadays, survival is what matters most.

To make this dps check an even more non-issue we chose to only cleave the add down before the next one spawns. This of course creates some problems when you only have a maximum of two melee (and a tank) for soaking the zone in melee. To completely stop these issues from happening our feral druid (me lol) was soaking it each time. Shifting out of the slow (only works for half a second before you're slowed again) and speed cooldowns if absolutely needed as well as being out of range of the slow. If you try to make your tanks not tank the add in the center of Malkorok's hitbox, you should be outranging the slow on the opposite side, but you may have to go out of melee range otherwise. Thrash and swipe have a longer range than other abilities, so use that to your advantage.

We only had me (rocket boots+dispersion and speed cooldown+personals) run around soaking for the entire p2. Ranged only soak the ones close to them, which I missed. Healing tide and such cooldowns are very useful for the damage that I was taking. You do need a healing cooldown for the beginning of the second p1 (we used HotW tranq).

If you're having trouble with your tank surviving the second blood rage, have a shadow priest or feral stand in with dispersion.

We saved one person with immunities for the soaking orbs during the second p1 if it got too crowded somewhere.

One error in the guide: Orbs do not only spawn on ranged players. Our theory is that they alternate where they spawn. 3 on ranged per 1 randomly in the room or something similar. We definitely had orbs spawn in melee while no ranged were near.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Stacking up for healing when the fight begins was a complete waste of time for us, as healing the 50k ticks and topping off shields was a non issue. We did however run with a resto shaman and a holy priest. - agree, not necessary, but helps ensure the person targeted to be knocked up in the air is full hp and not really anything to lose by doit. We stack up in an Efflo at our Boomkins position (as movement is bad for those damn lazerchickens!), blow the Efflo and a Tranq and spread straight after the boss is pulled.

We had a ranged pull the boss initially in order to get a shield stacked on the tank before the boss hit him. I personally believe that a healthstone or a hp cooldown (renewal for instance) would have sufficed. Anyways the dps check is very easy nowadays, survival is what matters most. - healthstones can't be used when on full health, irrespective of shield size Chucking a Lay no Hands on the tank when pulling, or just a life cocoon to mitigate the first hit.. or just any burst heal is more than sufficient. Having a ranged pull is an interesting idea we hadn't considered... but LoH is pretty OP if you have a paladin in the raid!.

To make this dps check an even more non-issue we chose to only cleave the add down before the next one spawns. This of course creates some problems when you only have a maximum of two melee (and a tank) for soaking the zone in melee. To completely stop these issues from happening our feral druid (me lol) was soaking it each time. Shifting out of the slow (only works for half a second before you're slowed again) and speed cooldowns if absolutely needed as well as being out of range of the slow. If you try to make your tanks not tank the add in the center of Malkorok's hitbox, you should be outranging the slow on the opposite side, but you may have to go out of melee range otherwise. Thrash and swipe have a longer range than other abilities, so use that to your advantage. - we fund that the passive cleave from melee/tanks killed it pretty much straight away. My Avengers Shields would sort it alone most of the time, but didn't find it to be much of an issue. Even on our first kill the boss died as the 2nd Blood Rage began, so especially in current gear the DPS check when 2 healing is fairly lax I'd agree!

We only had me (rocket boots+dispersion and speed cooldown+personals) run around soaking for the entire p2. Ranged only soak the ones close to them, which I missed. Healing tide and such cooldowns are very useful for the damage that I was taking. You do need a healing cooldown for the beginning of the second p1 (we used HotW tranq). - yeah, for our first kill we had a hunter and a boomkin doing it. these days we just have everyone help out to give the healers something to do .

If you're having trouble with your tank surviving the second blood rage, have a shadow priest or feral stand in with dispersion.

We saved one person with immunities for the soaking orbs during the second p1 if it got too crowded somewhere. - a good call

One error in the guide: Orbs do not only spawn on ranged players. Our theory is that they alternate where they spawn. 3 on ranged per 1 randomly in the room or something similar. We definitely had orbs spawn in melee while no ranged were near. - well mentioned - I neglected to include the fact that whilst the majority of orbs spawn on players, some do spawn randomly throughout the room on nobody in particularly, will add in.

Thanks for your responses Made comments in reply to yours in the quote above in red!
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

I hate this fight from my bottom of my heart. Almost 100 wipes now. Its one of the those fights that is all about personal responsibility. Gl to you guys trying this out.

I do have a question though, can mages use greater invis to soak some orbs around them when it gets too crowded?

Deleted
    There is an even simpler way to macro World Marking, simply using /wm 1 is enough. There is also some command to clear all markers but I'm not completely sure what it was. It might be /wm clearall.

Thanks for your guides! They have helped us a lot.

Have your whole raid download the addon Malkorok Helper. You'll never have to mark again.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

A good alternative we've found is throwing down five markers and leaving one section unmarked. He smashes/breathes to 6 specific sections of the room, doing this you just call which area is unsafe and move to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    I hate this fight from my bottom of my heart. Almost 100 wipes now. Its one of the those fights that is all about personal responsibility. Gl to you guys trying this out.

I do have a question though, can mages use greater invis to soak some orbs around them when it gets too crowded?
    Mages can soak a few orbs with the greater invis talent but only for like 3 seconds so it's not very effective, i would rather save greater invis for one of those "oh shit" moments when you need to soak a pool but lost or have a weak ancient barrier for whatever reason.

Deleted
    Thanks for this guide! waited for it since we started to progress Malkorok HC on saturday.

Malkorok Helper is sometimes inaccurate.

make 3 macros with:

/wm 1
    /wm 2
    /wm 3
    Last edited by mmoc1412f1a3e7; 2013-11-19 at 10:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Malkorok Helper isn't the way to go for safety on this one imo.

I'd seen /wm 1 mentioned - can anyone confirm a wm clear command as well?

Can add that to the guide.
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post
    Yeah, Malkorok Helper isn't the way to go for safety on this one imo.

I'd seen /wm 1 mentioned - can anyone confirm a wm clear command as well?

Can add that to the guide.
    /cwm /10 chars!

10+ Year Old Account
    <3 /10 chars!
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Deleted
    yeah for clearing worldmarkers the command is: /cwm

This is what my guild does for smash. We mark 5 of the 6 quadrants he can smash to, leave one unmarked or throw down a smoke bomb or other marker. We then call which area is unsafe when he smashes.

This can also be used to ask for Orb soaking if one area gets super heavy. Just call for a clear on "color"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite a nice idea.

Do you call multiple free zones or just all stack up in one?
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Another Weakaura - this one puts big red text on your screen "GET TO SAFE SPOT" roughly right after the set of purple pools goes out following each 3rd arcing smash. Feel free to convert it to an aura, or make it smaller, or whatever, of course.

This was again more of a experimentation in trying to "count" boss abilities in weakauras, and it's probably not a part of the fight many people have trouble with, but. Here for anyone who wants it anyway.

Code:
    duu)iaGiqXOOc5uuH6vuuLMLu0TqPAxGunmkYXqvwgv0ZavtJsCnuvBdL8nkPXbs5COuUNkP9rrvCqvvlKk4HGKMiujxef2OkvFKIkNukWkHQMPQIBsrXoLQ(jO0qPO0rvjslfK4PsMkexvkOTQseFvvPoRQsAVi)LknyXHPWILc9yP0KPuxwPnlv(ScnAqCAfTAkQQxdvQzRGBdLDtv)gsdhfTCv8Cvz6axhv2ouX3vjQXRs48QuwVQsSFYepcHkdcHau9OIh0TaDRqNNjQWOYMkBcHQ3o0zw0PhqLdWIGaRz(W4ocvNDCI6rUXCPA8GYXKkphgYzooUNh1ZJQPnvMXya3OhuCR81hedJJ5RCzJJF6hPAa1WMqO6GoSecvyCdGjHqacqaQ2lyA4TxBYbcqvlHq98ieQ6q9GA(LL6T6Kk75J5GXnK9cavMJbIccSk1)DgkLzHfHQZoor9i3yUub2lauboZXX9qiubUXCPQL7bqXOYM7yaMOEQGtvl3dGIrvhNVfmr9koYXcVIIIYzbChVc4WTc)6TPQL7bqXCb3yUuT4SEavloRh8O6VGtvl3dGI5czAVubMyRnbOQfDa9qiuVt6olRqJh0yJNttW5ZInwqZk1XoF2OE4uVjcq1LN2aiuplRwHUt(unTP6)0o9JkfMXdIcCLYOBvkMOGhvEomKZCCCppQNhvxaBx3Bbup78mrfKDocbq35BIfl(wybNpB8zXcoCwuh7wyr1aQHnHq1bDyjeQW4gatcHaeGauDd2UU3cO7SZYQf4S4ZgplwzJVtEWnrDSBHpbOENecvOCGHPFjhOQd1dQ5xwQ3QtQSNpMdg3q2laur1fW219wa1ZZe0HgC4o5ZJn(W55Kpv3GTR7Ta6oFEw5BcUvNWHBHfCNSzL6y3IfQA5EaumK9cqdzABawQ4yABawQArhqpec17KUBLnEoDAILftw4XYcl4SOo25ZN6Ht9MiavgTGjQ)riu9aghaHqLnQBl3dGIrnsvl3dGIrLWl8eGQUPF(GqiuzJ62Y9aOyKdu1Y9aOyu99AG7FUJXd6vRHNboRh8Cem)fCyCmbiavxEAdGq3TW3KftoTYNhClqZkCwMOo257KkZN7bMD3O6dJ7iuboZXX9qiubUXCPQL7bqXOIZV4SEavGj2AtLn3Xamr9uzLQfN1dOcQOynAau(Gosf3BDFm3HHEdSLCGQfN1dEubvynJd)iUFG1CUmUeg9iUnS)Ed(GWakmWvtfZ(5)RmGIluyyog9U4Qb1VdFyGlQA5EaumxWnMlvloRhqvl3dGI5czAVubMyRnvTCpakgvDC(wWe17OfN1dAcMyBtWnMBt3MUnFOCN21BGTnDB620TP9(aEdSTPBt3MpM7WW0U5J5om4nW2MUow4vuuuyNDMNPh4OhZDyWBGTow4vuuuMDkloRhOC9QcmM9Z)xzafxOWWCm6DXvdQFh(WaxWOaGSEHxrrrrrrr57F3EoSg3Z)PD6hlmJheLRkMeEffffffffHxrrrzhE7StzXz9aLRxvGbQWAgh(rC)aR5CzCjm6rCBy)9g8bHbuyGlyuaqwVWROOOOOOOm7ua3yUkxVQatzwgF(4c1)cXTAiuHkJQGrbaz9cVIIIIIIIIIIIYSt5HYDAxVb2QC9QcmMXya3OhuCdJcaY6fEfffffffffffffffLzNYJ5om4nWwLRxvG5)0o9JkfMXdcmkaiRx4vuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu((3TNdRX98FAN(XcZ4br5QY3)U9CynUN)t70pwygpiMxEcVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIYSt57F3EoSg3Z)PD6hlmJhefZZvfwkaiRx4vuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu((3TNdRX98FAN(XcZ4br5QIjHxrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr5SaUJxbC4wHxrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrz92cVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIY6TfEfffffffffffL1Bl8kkkkkkkkR3w4vuuuwVTWROOOi8R3MQhZDyO3aBP6)0o9JkfMXdcbOQd1dO6(z(fLlLZW(yamuqqOYZHHCMJJ75r98OAAt1)PD6hvkmJhef4kiN544EOcYohHaO7SzYelRwmzLfl2GMtEwSqDSZhovdOg2ecvh0HLqOcJBamjecqaQ4ERRFXzpuJeGQZoor9i3yUub2laCNLaeGkCOEEwmzIaeb
    For anyone who looks at the code, oddly enough the event for spell_cast_success for arcing smash actually fires twice, for whatever reason, so that's why it counts up to 6.
    Last edited by Spiralphoenix; 2013-11-21 at 03:42 AM. Reason: wrong tags
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Very interesting - great idea for a weak aura.

Might have to pass it on to some of the scrubs in my team that still seem to forget to get safe sometimes, even when I'm calling it out on vent in advance!!
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPussy View Post
    Have your whole raid download the addon Malkorok Helper. You'll never have to mark again.
    That addon is great, but it only works efficiently in 25man due to how it calculates the strike zones (based on segment with least people in)

Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post
    Quite a nice idea.

Do you call multiple free zones or just all stack up in one?
    We call one, but if you're confident in your ability to stand elsewhere we don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwick View Post
    That addon is great, but it only works efficiently in 25man due to how it calculates the strike zones (based on segment with least people in)
    Never looked into how the addon actually works, that's interesting to know.

Thanks!
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!