1. #1

    WoD Timeline explanation - In diagram form!

    There seems to be a lot of confusion about the WoD timeline - so here is a diagram I draw to explain - sorry if this makes it worse.
    Lemme know if it helps! <3
    Last edited by Smashysmashy; 2013-11-18 at 05:15 PM.

  2. #2
    Bloodsail Admiral Barendon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    1,152
    It is a bit worse, sorry to tell you. However I think it's even wrong a bit. We're not colliding two timelines into one with shared future, we enter a parallel timeline in which will not affect our timeline in any way unless forces from the parallel timeline will enter ours and change it. Our future remains the same, only shapen by this event.

    Bounty Hunters club 4life

  3. #3
    cool another diagram.

    btw.
    do you know that problem with diagram is that ppl doesn't rly know where to start reading it? so if you rly want to help someone then create gif/animation/movie that explains it...

  4. #4
    Elemental Lord Gheld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,784
    Not one damn person has said "lol this time line confuses me"
    The plot is obvious. It's just fucking stupid. And the part that confuses people is how Blizzard can go from The Lich King, and Deathwing and onoes Aszhara is stepping up her activities, and Wrathion warns of us the coming legion invasion to LOL EVERYTHING YOU DID IN MOP IS FOR NOTHING BECAUSE GARROSH ESCAPES AND GOES BACK IN "ALTERNATE" TIME AND CREATES THE IRON HORDE

    It would be like if Harry Potter and the half blood prince, now that we're 100% certain the return of Valdemort is inevitable, were about Draco Malfoy going back in time and creating the Iron Slitherins in an alternate timeline to invade Hogwarts, so then Harry Potter and friends had to go through the portal to the alternate dimension and then send an army of fanboys to take a shit on anybody who was like "WELL WAIT A MINUTE, WHAT ABOUT THE RETURN OF VALDEMORT?". People would throw the previous books onto a fire and say "well that was a waste of fucking time and money"

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Not one damn person has said "lol this time line confuses me"
    The plot is obvious. It's just fucking stupid. And the part that confuses people is how Blizzard can go from The Lich King, and Deathwing and onoes Aszhara is stepping up her activities, and Wrathion warns of us the coming legion invasion to LOL EVERYTHING YOU DID IN MOP IS FOR NOTHING BECAUSE GARROSH ESCAPES AND GOES BACK IN "ALTERNATE" TIME AND CREATES THE IRON HORDE

    It would be like if Harry Potter and the half blood prince, now that we're 100% certain the return of Valdemort is inevitable, were about Draco Malfoy going back in time and creating the Iron Slitherins in an alternate timeline to invade Hogwarts, so then Harry Potter and friends had to go through the portal to the alternate dimension and then send an army of fanboys to take a shit on anybody who was like "WELL WAIT A MINUTE, WHAT ABOUT THE RETURN OF VALDEMORT?". People would throw the previous books onto a fire and say "well that was a waste of fucking time and money"
    I have never seen this described in a more perfect way. Thank you for this, it made my Monday not suck.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Barendon View Post
    It is a bit worse, sorry to tell you. However I think it's even wrong a bit. We're not colliding two timelines into one with shared future, we enter a parallel timeline in which will not affect our timeline in any way unless forces from the parallel timeline will enter ours and change it. Our future remains the same, only shapen by this event.
    The lines don't collide, yes, but our future is no longer the same since the events of the WoD Draenor will shape the events on Azeroth.

  7. #7
    Mechagnome Dooney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Winter is coming!
    Posts
    706
    Garrosh goes to Draenor to a point in time when the Iron Hordes were uncorrupted. That point in time happens to parallel current time on Azeroth, but there is a 30 year difference. When "we" go to Draenor, we recognize it as pre-Outland.
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -Are you French, Clyde?
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.
    -I'm in love with a ---wait she don't strip no more...smdh --- now who I'm gonna tip?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Not one damn person has said "lol this time line confuses me"
    The plot is obvious. It's just fucking stupid. And the part that confuses people is how Blizzard can go from The Lich King, and Deathwing and onoes Aszhara is stepping up her activities, and Wrathion warns of us the coming legion invasion to LOL EVERYTHING YOU DID IN MOP IS FOR NOTHING BECAUSE GARROSH ESCAPES AND GOES BACK IN "ALTERNATE" TIME AND CREATES THE IRON HORDE

    It would be like if Harry Potter and the half blood prince, now that we're 100% certain the return of Valdemort is inevitable, were about Draco Malfoy going back in time and creating the Iron Slitherins in an alternate timeline to invade Hogwarts, so then Harry Potter and friends had to go through the portal to the alternate dimension and then send an army of fanboys to take a shit on anybody who was like "WELL WAIT A MINUTE, WHAT ABOUT THE RETURN OF VALDEMORT?". People would throw the previous books onto a fire and say "well that was a waste of fucking time and money"
    You sir are simply the best.

    That will carry me through the rest of the day.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Not one damn person has said "lol this time line confuses me"
    The plot is obvious. It's just fucking stupid. And the part that confuses people is how Blizzard can go from The Lich King, and Deathwing and onoes Aszhara is stepping up her activities, and Wrathion warns of us the coming legion invasion to LOL EVERYTHING YOU DID IN MOP IS FOR NOTHING BECAUSE GARROSH ESCAPES AND GOES BACK IN "ALTERNATE" TIME AND CREATES THE IRON HORDE

    It would be like if Harry Potter and the half blood prince, now that we're 100% certain the return of Valdemort is inevitable, were about Draco Malfoy going back in time and creating the Iron Slitherins in an alternate timeline to invade Hogwarts, so then Harry Potter and friends had to go through the portal to the alternate dimension and then send an army of fanboys to take a shit on anybody who was like "WELL WAIT A MINUTE, WHAT ABOUT THE RETURN OF VALDEMORT?". People would throw the previous books onto a fire and say "well that was a waste of fucking time and money"
    i threw the previous books into the fire and said "well that was a waste of fucking time and money" after reading the last book as it is, so your point fails.

  10. #10
    Another diagram that makes it look 10x more confusing than it actually is.

    Do people still not understand it? It's actually pretty simple.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Barendon View Post
    It is a bit worse, sorry to tell you. However I think it's even wrong a bit. We're not colliding two timelines into one with shared future, we enter a parallel timeline in which will not affect our timeline in any way unless forces from the parallel timeline will enter ours and change it. Our future remains the same, only shapen by this event.
    Not exactly. Let's say this event doesn't happen. Vol'jin has 93 kids and 1 of them discovers the cure for the Scourge.

    Now, Vol'jin enters Draenor and dies. No kids. No cure. Unless no one dies, this absolutely changes the future of both worlds.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    Not exactly. Let's say this event doesn't happen. Vol'jin has 93 kids and 1 of them discovers the cure for the Scourge.

    Now, Vol'jin enters Draenor and dies. No kids. No cure. Unless no one dies, this absolutely changes the future of both worlds.
    Nope, If Vol'jin dies after having kids, nothing changes. The current Vol'jin dies in the parallel universe. Its just death happening.


    Here is an ingame spoiler for u for better clarity!


    SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!


    Highlight to read :
    ->>>>Velen dies on Draenor, the Draenor one. But that doesnt kill our current Velen.
    Last edited by obscurede; 2014-03-05 at 10:06 AM.
    How to make something chocolaty taste better you ask ? Add more chocolate with layers of chocolate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •