Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    best game ever for me...
    i had fun as hardcore, i still have fun as casual. i look at other games and dont like them

wow till it servers goes offline.

end of *my* story

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't get all those "servers will go offline" "blizzard is a company"... Maybe one day Blizzard will stop supporting the game but really deleting Azeroth and millions of player character, progression, time, even life for some ...

I mean how can this happen ?

During blizzcon I heard about offline progression, I think Blizzard can trivially let their playerbase at least keep their character offline saving their life progression, or even allowing friends to run servers just like Minecraft ...

There will always be passionate players playing till the end, and gift for that can't be not allowing keeping progression.

Blizzard was always quiet about this, waiting for a true answer/opinion!
    Last edited by Cæli; 2013-11-19 at 01:51 AM.

I agree the WoW is an amazing game I have made so many friends playing this game,Still with the same guild that I was in when I started 7 years ago and I think I would cry a little if my three main characters were deleted and I couldn't get them back I do have a strong attachment to them and ALOT of memorys!!! So WoW has my vote as the best MMORPG game ever.

I agree with you, OP.

This game incites passion and enthusiasm like nothing I have ever played before. I've been playing for a few months after launch (2004, I think?). There is nearly a decade worth of memories there, both online and offline - I've met quite a few people that I've played with.

I was talking about this just recently with someone, and we both agreed, we will never see a thriving online game community like what we had on our realm back in pre-BC. We will never see that again, and it was glorious to be part of something like that. We can still laugh about things that happened back then, and some of them even make me sad (old friends disappearing, etc).

Even now, although the community is not as strong, I am constantly lured into logging in. I don't even raid anymore, but I still just don't seem to be able to get enough of playing. And what's more, I still immensely enjoy it. I'm past the intense addiction stage that pre-BC brought, but I still log in just for sheer fun and enjoyment.

I marvel at how much fun this game remains to me, I don't even understand it. Sometimes I sit and just wonder how, or why, I still find it so damn enjoyable. But I do, and it is, to me.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axiom View Post
    best game ever for me...
    i had fun as hardcore, i still have fun as casual. i look at other games and dont like them

wow till it servers goes offline.

end of *my* story
    Sounds just like my story We'd likely have been friends back then, and now.

Deleted
    I think that it all boils down to individual perception. For some its the best game ever, for others just another MMO. All depends on personal perception and preferences.

of all time? That's depressing.

Something about World of Warcraft magically sucks you in and you love it. Been playing since vanilla and must say I have gone through month cycles of being sucked in and out since.

Replayability. That's what WoW has and that's what makes it great.

Quote Originally Posted by Noct View Post
    Something about World of Warcraft magically sucks you in and you love it.
    Yes, it's called an unhealthy addiction. There's nothing "magical" about it, rofl.

Deleted
    during TBC and WotLK wow was the best game ever created.. they've destroyed the game since Cata tho so no its not the best game ever anymore... its the best game ever ruined..

It's definitely hard to deny the impact that WoW has had on the MMO genre, and the gaming community as a whole. It revolutionized the entire MMO genre, opened up paths for other developers to invest in different types of MMOs, and became a cultural phenomenon that's almost universally acknowledged by anyone and everyone.

I personally have never played a game for so long. Something about it manages to keep me interested. The new stories are always interesting, the combat is always improving, the encounters always get more and more complex. I love meeting new people, bonding over past experiences, and awaiting to see what the future holds.

WoW in my opinion in undoubtedly in the top 10 games in history, although others may disagree. It shaped a genre, an industry, and a culture, and after 9 years, it still keeps me coming back for more. Can't say that about any other game.

Deleted
    For me personally it is simply the world of Azeroth and it's lore. It was sprinkled with magic dust and brought to life by Bilzzard. The sense of wonder when i first entered The Barrens..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    Yes, it's called an unhealthy addiction. There's nothing "magical" about it, rofl.
    Playing and enjoying a game =/= addiction.

I play on and off now, but I still follow the game

Whats most impressive about WoW is how long its been going for. 9 full years now, and at least 2 more (probably way more than that), which is a lot longer than most TV series, with better 'ratings' than most as well.

Also, because of WoW's success just about every AAA game made MUST have multiplayer, otherwise it won't be seen as successful

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Like I said in my OP, just my personal opinion. I've never played any game more than WoW, and never had the desire. I would try others, hit lvl cap, get bored, go back to WoW.
    Your entitled to your opinion, when i first started playing WoW i played no other games for years. The truth is that there is no 'best' game, just ones you enjoy and play. I wouldn't regard it as a good game compared to some games. Games that you can't put down. I can always put WoW down and not play, i will miss it, come back play some more. It is more of a social thing. I just feel sorry that you feel that this is the only and best game, no point trying others.

Of most genres in videogames MMORPGs have progressed the least imo, still waiting for that MMO that invoked the same excitment as Ultima Online or WoW did orginally. Pretty sure it won't happen as the speed of change is painfully slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is 2nd for me. Mass Effect trilogy is my best game ever. Nothing has yet to beat that story telling.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    i dunno, LoZ: Ocarina of Time was pretty frickin' good.
    but it was not an MMO, so...
    So glad the first suggested alternative was this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=IIamaKing;23699732]You spelled Metal Gear Solid wrong.[/QUOTE

This was funny. In all seriousness though, I agree. My experiences have been the same. Try another MMO only to always return. This game has a fantastic universe rich with lore and enjoyable gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I definitely have played this way more than any other game by far. XD

Always enjoyed the WarCraft franchise and its charm I will never get tired of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Great game, sure best MMO sure, best game ? Not for me.
    I prefer more story/character driven games and games where i don't have to put up with other players when i don't want to.