Poll: Poll

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation Did you donate anything to the Philipines?

Just out of curiousity, I myself did not, i don't really know why, i just rarely donate. That doesen't mean i don't think they deserve it though.

What about you?

PS: Not donating doesen't make you a bad person!
    Last edited by mmoc0efa2cff2a; 2013-11-18 at 05:48 PM.

I have a distrust for charities.. Not that i am a bad person but there have been so many cases where the majority of the money went to everyone else but the victims.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    I have a distrust for charities.. Not that i am a bad person but there have been so many cases where the majority of the money went to everyone else but the victims.
    Well i understand your point, but ofcourse some of it does seem to arrive, not that it's ever enough but yeah.

Deleted
    Charities are an organisation and not all the money you donate goes to charity, so no I didn't. If I wanted to support the Philippines i'd of flown there and done it myself, like I did when I went to Kenya.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, too many necessities for me to be forking out cash to random families in the pihillipines. I'm not some asshole, I'm not even a dick, I'm just tight on money and shit happens. Sucks for them, but there's not much I can do in my position aside from dropping my career and pretty much my whole life, just to go over there and help people out who would forget about me after a week.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Dont have anything to spare so no

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    Same reason I don't donate. My wife gives to something, vision-something, can't remember. What it's called. But we give $72 a month. We found out that out of the $72 that she donates, less that $20 actually goes to the kid she donates to. WORLD VISION, that's it. Anyways, she's been doing it for like 12 years now, she's on her 3rd kid, helping get that kid through school. Two years left on this kids education, but after this, no more. We couldn't believe how little they got out of what we gave.

I've had to go through Charities before due to issues in the past. I had issues getting help at all then they pushed as much as possible to not help. I refuse to donate to any charities but do prefer to help others personally. Shelters/food donations do work very well though, had to deal with it a few times my self and they really want to help you out.

There really needs to be a universal form of donation where people don't take the money for them selves. Canned foods help a lot from personal experience and not as likely for people to steal >.>

I tend to ignore charities because they're either A) too selective on who gets their funding (see Salvation Army) or B) they just waste so much of it on overhead and bullshit. My government shovels tax money into global aid, that's my donation.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    A whole 20 quid.

That's my single good deed done for this lifetime, bring on the orgy of wanton lust!

I'm going to be a self-righteous yet honest asshole.

I only tend to donate when disaster strikes home.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can barely afford underwear and toilet paper... so nope nothing from me.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Deleted
    nope, i only donate to local charities, where i can seee the benefit.

its not so much that i don't care about people in the Philipenes, its that i don't trust the charities and how the money is going to be used.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just bought a new iphone . . . so all the money I have left is for groceries and rent.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Not a chance.

This is what happens if mother nature and overpopulation collide. I don't donate to anything. Never. Ever. You don't know where your money ends up. No matter what people say. Does it actually help people out, and does the money (or other supplies) actually arrive to the people who need it most? Lol, my arse it does.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Since Red Cross doesn't seem to have a text donation for this one.. ..I did donate to the text number I saw for ShelterBox.

Sticking with text donation because I have too much money on a prepaid phone I hardly use while I can't afford to be taking anything out of my bank account. I find that donating for things like this (like hurricane Sandy last year) is at least something to do with that money on my phone since I can't exactly get it back.

Can't say I've always donated when things have happened elsewhere, but particularly in this case I have a friend who has family there, so it just seems right to do.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-11-18 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    Nope. Not a chance.

This is what happens if mother nature and overpopulation collide. I don't donate to anything. Never. Ever. You don't know where your money ends up. No matter what people say. Does it actually help people out, and does the money (or other supplies) actually arrive to the people who need it most? Lol, my arse it does.
    This is what is wrong with the world these days and why it's getting worse and worse. People not having feelings for their fellow man. You might as well be a murderer with how you think.

Deleted
    No. I sometimes directly donate to local animal shelters, which is my personal (and sufficient) dose of good deeds.

I never donate when nature destroys man. I DO donate when man destroys nature, such as the BP oil spill and Polar Bear conservation.

Sorry, humans live and die, when polar bears go extinct, they're gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    No. I sometimes directly donate to local animal shelters, which is my personal (and sufficient) dose of good deeds.
    Same. I donated to animal shelters through the ASPCA when the tsunami struck Japan.

Deleted
    I offered to go with red cross to offer aid in person, but apparently I have to pay for my own flight and I don't have spare money for that

So nopes