Deleted

[Movies/TV] Victorian era Christmas movies and shows

It's that time of the year again and Im looking for thematic movies to watch with my family to set the mood but I'm also trying to find a movie I saw as a child and have no idea what it was.

So lets get to it then Im looking for high quality thematic Christmas movies(both TV and big screen), Christmas episodes of TV shows etc. set in Victorian era. All suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Oh and even though its unrelated to this topic please feel free to mention any good Victorian era or less known Christmas movies you might want to recommend as well.

Well you can't go wrong with the absolute classic A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim.

Also:
    * Doctor Who "A Christmas Carol" (Also while not really Christmas, the Doctor Who episode The Unquiet Dead takes place in wintertime Victorian London with the character of Charles Dickens, played by the always-excellent Simon Cowell is very good. There are a number of Doctor Who Christmas specials as well)
    * Ghost Stories For Christmas with Christopher Lee, a BBC production of shorts based on the stories of M.R. James, narrated by Christopher Lee
    * The BBC also had a long-running annual "series" called A Ghost Story for Christmas, again based on the James stories
    * Not Victorian, but the 1970s animated A Cosmic Christmas is one of my favourites! Basically an analog of the three wise men, but they're aliens, and it's all very trippy in that 70s animation way
    * Also non-Victorian, the 1974 horror Black Christmas, based on a true story of murders in Quebec
    * The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe isn't specifically a "Christmas movie" but the period is suitable to your request and the return of Christmas to Narnia is a plot point
    * Again not Victorian but the original Tales from the Crypt has a Christmas short in it
    * Rare Exports is a Norwegian movie about, um, Santas

Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Deleted
    Wow, thank you Shockeye! Thats more than I expected, nice list I haven't heard of any of them and was expecting people to suggest "Christmas Carol" and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" etc. (I've seen all the more popular ones)

And this is kinda what I meant, Charles Dickens'que? movies and settings.