Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
  1. #261
    Pit Lord velde046's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Because removing RMAH totally proves they hate their customers. Seriously what the fuck is wrong with you people? You bitch and whine when Blizzard doesn't do something players want and god help them if they ever decide to make a change based on player feedback because they will catch hell for that as well. You people are absolutely completely absurd. Between this and the thread complaining about finally getting cross realm heirlooms I think this site has hit an all time low in idiocy and hate.
    You are my favorite poster now, wish I could give a bunch of kudos, since I totally agree with your posts here.

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post
    Do you think the cows that are milked on a farm get a special gift for the anniversary of the farm?
    Oh shut it. Customers aren't cows. No one is paying Blizzard $15 a month by force and people certainly aren't doing it as a favor to Blizzard. Don't act like subscribers aren't getting something out of their subscription.

  3. #263
    The Lightbringer Dewote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,281
    This "you're expecting them to give you presents for their anniversary" is okay, but in this case it's more like:
    You bring presents to them (sub fee), and expect them to have cake available.
    However the cake is a lie and they have none.

    Everyone's sad except those who hate cake.

    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    It's not just 9% xp, it's also rep.
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

  4. #264
    Aaaaand the self entitlement continues. Blizzard doesn't have to give you or do anything for their x year anniversary. Other games do to keep what little playerbase they have in the first place, or at least attract them back or bring in a couple thousand new ones.
    WoW has 1/2 the subs it once did and it's still one of the most played (if not the most played) SUBSCRIPTION based MMORPG out there.
    If you're going to make a big fuss about not getting a pet/mount/items for WoW I'd hate to be a parent of yours when you don't get something for Christmas you feel you should get for ....what reason? Oh, none. Take what you DO GET and be happy with it.
    Or keep complaining maybe Blizzard will do something next year.

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Again if people are going to whine about this they would do well to actually get a clue about what they are whining about. The tabard that gives the xp/rep buff lasts for the duration of the anniversary which is around 2 weeks not 2 days. This isn't about effort because Blizzard just flat out doesn't consider anniversaries 6-9 to be major unlike the 4th (implementation of the achievement system at the time of the anniversary which is why we got the baby blizzard bear) and the 5th which was a milestone and why we got the Ony pet. The only people trying to present anniversaries 6-9 as "major" are the players bitching up a storm over not getting a pet, not Blizzard. As I have said before Blizzard has been crystal clear with their stance on anniversaries and haven't promised anything to anyone outside of the milestone anniversaries. At this point after nearly 3 years it is time to let it go. No amount of temper tantrums is going to get Blizzard to consider minor anniversaries to be anything other than exactly what they are...minor anniversaries.
    Actions speak so much louder than words. While I take your sentiments to heart and I agree with everything you say, you will have absolutely no effect on the masses who will continue to speak out and ask 'Where's my pet'. It's happening right now, and for good reason. Blizzard hasn't made their stance clear on anniversaries. They can't undo a strong first impression with ignorance and neglect.

    A Blue Post made 3 years ago isn't what people think about when they think 'Anniversary'.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-22 at 09:06 AM.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    What I want is the game to provide something for the event they glorified in the past. Sure they only gave pets out for 2 years out of 6, but those two years were memorable.

    You just see it as entitlement, while I'm telling you it's deeper than that.

    Every year we get a holiday event. Year after year, it's the same holiday event. But every year, something new gets added or updated keep things at least a little bit fresh. Sure some people complain it's the same old content, but at least we're getting equal/more than last year. The Anniversary event is like if they took away the holiday events and prizes, but still acknowledged it as a holiday and gave out a temporary buff in its place. People feel dejected at the premise of not having what they got before. It's not about the prize or the free gifts, it's about having less than what was expected. Nobody likes a nerf. That's the core issue.

    If you mention the Anniversary to any WoW player, most will think of the Pets. It's not a coincidence that this happens. This is the impression Blizzard made for the first two years they actively celebrated the event, and it stuck strong. There's a reason why even 4 years after the last pet had been given out people STILL think about it. It's the principle.

    I don't offer a solution for this predicament, but I offer insight as to why so many people are disappointed by the simple EXP buff and why they always compare it to the pets. The minor anniversaries don't make any impressions, yet they still draw attention. No one will remember the years that they didn't get a pet, which is why people will still ask if they're getting them the next year, and the next.
    The 4th and 5th anniversaries were memorable because other stuff actually happened around them. Achievements went live for the 4th and the 5th was a milestone. For anniversaries 6-9 we got absolutely no new features or massive changes so there was no reason to give us something special. I like how you people are continually ignoring the fact that the only reason we got pets on 2 anniversaries was for very specific circumstances that haven't happened since.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    This "you're expecting them to give you presents for their anniversary" is okay, but in this case it's more like:
    You bring presents to them (sub fee), and expect them to have cake available.
    However the cake is a lie and they have none.

    Everyone's sad except those who hate cake.



    The $15 subscription fee is a transaction where both parties benefit. Blizzard gets money and customers get a service. We aren't owed a god damn thing. Get over it.

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    The 4th and 5th anniversaries were memorable because other stuff actually happened around them. Achievements went live for the 4th and the 5th was a milestone. For anniversaries 6-9 we got absolutely no new features or massive changes so there was no reason to give us something special. I like how you people are continually ignoring the fact that the only reason we got pets on 2 anniversaries was for very specific circumstances that haven't happened since.
    Except the explanation for that was never communicated in any fashion outside of that one blue post, a post that I only saw 2 days ago and never before in the 6 that I've known the Anniversary for. And I'm one of the people who come to sites like MMO-C for my news. Think of how many people there are who don't know and are still expecting pets. It's ill communication.

    When finding a solution to a problem, you must first understand the problem, not yell at it and pretend it'll go away.

    I think you need to step away from the topic and look at it from the outside. Your bias towards those with differing opinions is showing. I am not 'You People'. I don't give a rats ass about pets, I only care about the principle.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-22 at 09:15 AM.

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Actions speak so much louder than words. While I take your sentiments to heart and I agree with everything you say, you will have absolutely no effect on the masses who will continue to speak out and ask 'Where's my pet'. It's happening right now, and for good reason. Blizzard hasn't made their stance clear on anniversaries. They can't undo a strong first impression with ignorance and neglect.

    A Blue Post made 3 years ago isn't what people think about when they think 'Anniversary'.
    Blizzard most certainly has made their stance clear repeatedly and far more times than they should have. The people crying the loudest about it on this site have been around for years and know exactly what Blizzard has said on the matter. Reality doesn't matter to them because if they don't like what Blizzard says they will spin it to suit their agenda.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Except the explanation for that was never communicated in any fashion outside of that one blue post, a post that I only saw 2 days ago and never before in the 6 that I've known the Anniversary for. And I'm one of the people who come to sites like MMO-C for my news. Think of how many people there are who don't know and are still expecting pets. It's ill communication.

    When finding a solution to a problem, you must first understand the problem, not yell at it and pretend it'll go away.
    The only problem here is thickheaded whiners who don't hear anything unless it involves getting whatever it is they want. In fact outside of these forums and the official forums most players don't give a fuck about the petty politics of this game. They just play the game and have fun. If they get a pet, great, It not that's fine too.

  9. #269
    Epic! Peyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    1,656
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    I am sure if everybody got a special mount, there wouldn't be complainers.
    You... Must be new around here?

    A few of the potential complaints I can think of that would be made, off the top of my head:

    - It's ugly
    - It's a rehash!
    - Why didn't we get something every other year?
    - They should have made a matching pet too, god they're so lazy

    Blah blah blah.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Blizzard most certainly has made their stance clear repeatedly and far more times than they should have. The people crying the loudest about it on this site have been around for years and know exactly what Blizzard has said on the matter. Reality doesn't matter to them because if they don't like what Blizzard says they will spin it to suit their agenda.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The only problem here is thickheaded whiners who don't hear anything unless it involves getting whatever it is they want. In fact outside of these forums and the official forums most players don't give a fuck about the petty politics of this game. They just play the game and have fun. If they get a pet, great, It not that's fine too.
    You're just being more biased. What if I were to tell you that you are being thick headed for not listening to reason? It's pretty simple to understand the situation, yet you're all fired up and antagonizing anyone and everyone who thinks badly of the Anniversary rewards. It's not a simple matter of entitlement, it's not having what has and always will be expected, due to Blizzard's strong first impressions and lack of communicating their intentions with the Anniversaries.

    Again, their methods of communication are unclear. If they WERE crystal clear and iterated properly, people wouldn't still be having expectations for pets and being surprised/disappointed that they aren't getting one this year. I hope you do understand that point. Maybe you have heard it from them many times, but I know I haven't, and I know my friends haven't, and I'm pretty sure not the people who were still expecting pets.

    If they're going to hammer that issue into people's heads, they have to do it through the Anniversary by making new impressions, not by neglect. It's pretty obvious that no one (who still wants pets) remembers that the past 3 years were petless because Blizzard only awards milestones, they only know it was petless and disappointing.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-22 at 09:28 AM.

  11. #271
    The Lightbringer Dewote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,281
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    The $15 subscription fee is a transaction where both parties benefit. Blizzard gets money and customers get a service. We aren't owed a god damn thing. Get over it.
    You really must hate cake.
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

  12. #272
    Epic! Zaxio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,528
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Blizzard has had 1 guy spend a total of 5 minutes to make the last 3 years worth of anniversary's and people are just "ok" with that, and are even defending them for it? hahahahahaha
    Well ppl are busy with more "important" things like to argue eachother about flying
    that 9% rep boost comes on good time manage to get exalted with several of mine toons to black prince really fast

    Also we got mount and pet in...game shop the cost of the both its only 26 EU not big one
    Last edited by Zaxio; 2013-11-22 at 09:39 AM.

  13. #273
    The Lightbringer Tekkommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,734
    The other games listed NEED to get players to play their game, so they offer this stuff to get people to login.

    WoW doesn't need to do this as too many people still login (damn you 1500 queues this late into 5.4!).

    It would be cool if they gave us more stuff, but I really do not care that they don't.

  14. #274
    OP is a crybaby. So tired of the self entitled losers who play this game now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •