Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why bonusrolls suck!

hey there

Just bonusrolled my ~8th or 9th time on Malkorok, and just got my 4th pair of Malkorok's Giant Stompers...wuhuuu
    Not that I needed the Stamina trinket or anything,noooo!
    Well, just wanted to share my rage, and see if anyone has had similiar bad luck
    greets

Deleted
    Be happy u even get the additional chance

I think its an awesome addition even though i also dont have had the best luck

Quote Originally Posted by Grmmppff View Post
    hey there

Just bonusrolled my ~8th or 9th time on Malkorok, and just got my 4th pair of Malkorok's Giant Stompers...wuhuuu
    greets
    It's an RNG chance at an extra piece of loot. There's nothing else to say about it. Our rogue has gotten the robes or chest or whatever off Norushen for last couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grmmppff View Post
    hey there

greets
    Oh no, the random number generator generated a random number between 1 and 5 and it was the same one it generated the last few times? What are the chances of that? Oh wait...lemme see... pretty fucking high relatively.

Rng is rng, on my hunter I got 7! T16 chests from bonus roll before I finally got the damn trinket.

Rolls...*drums* *the crowd is silent*...GOLD!!
    Wait! Wait! We have a reroll!

Rolls...*drums* *someone in the audience feints with excitement*...GOLD!
    *The crowd rages and starts breaking chairs. The stewards intervene. The police starts making arrests.*

No handout is ever enough.

Their whole fucked up loot system is a classic random reward, gambling, drug addicts whore house. Classic psychological design to keep you wanting more yet still getting fucked along the way....over and over and over again, because maybe, just maybe next time you'll get the fix. My RNG "luck" is horrible and it drives me crazy and yet I've been playing almost since release because that's how I roll. Addicted and angry. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    They should def mail you the exact piece of gear that you want. For sure. Yep.

8x heroic protectors=shitloads of gold for me

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    They should def mail you the exact piece of gear that you want. For sure. Yep.
    Screw that....just put the chest in Org where I can loot what I need. Mail is slow.

I rolled crap for weeks, then finally got Kardris's totem off a bonus roll. I still have 543 Breath of Hydra though. As someone else said, RNG is what sucks. However, if you could control loot more, they'd just make the grind longer, like if VP + a generic token bought bis gear.

Deleted
    Got hellscream warbow on 3rd try not bad

Deleted
    Be grateful you didn't just get 45g

Deleted
    RNG can be a b****. As an enhancement shaman I didn't see a single weapon drop for the entire duration of T14 & T15 and had to do those which upgraded heroic blues. Finally got a weapon off Iron Juggernaut and 'luckily' Dark Animus dropped one which resulted into an insane boost to my dps. Before that I really couldn't keep up with the numbers that you would expect at my iLevel.

I actually checked out the numbers of attempt I had on bosses that could drop usable weapons. Turns out that was over 40 and this EXCLUDES bonus rolls which I used most of the time as well which means my actual drop rate for them was almost the same rate as frikkin' Ashes of Alar (which only dropped after 12 on that char luckily). Ah well, at least the RNG paid me back this tier for dropping AoC and my two piece very quickly.

When I read the OP, my first thought was that you were talking about the add boss in Blackwing Decent and I got really confused.

I know that feel OP.

I tanked 4 LFRs through 1st wing of SoO to get my sword off of Sha. 4 LFRs = at least 9 attempts at Norushen.

In addition to my legit roll, I rolled with 4 coins.

5/5 got gold.

They should have a system where you can prefer some loot after failing to get it like....7 times in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Be grateful you didn't just get 45g
    Sure am, this way I got 26g44s, vendoring the boots.

And I don't expect rng to favor me or loot to get mailed - but 2 out of 22items dropping is terrible(and is even worse,when taking into consideration that loot that dropped can still drop again) and the bonusloot feature is nice2have, but still even worse rng
    I liked the whorehouse analogism

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh bonus rolls should work diferent.
    For example...boss drops 3 pices of loot.. you need only one.
    A windows shows up with all 3 pices. You click on the one you want. Then the dice starts rolling and if you are lucky you will get the item you want. Also you should roll as much as you want (till you run out of coins).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squidwerd View Post
    Their whole fucked up loot system is a classic random reward, gambling, drug addicts whore house. Classic psychological design to keep you wanting more yet still getting fucked along the way....over and over and over again, because maybe, just maybe next time you'll get the fix. My RNG "luck" is horrible and it drives me crazy and yet I've been playing almost since release because that's how I roll. Addicted and angry. =)
    nice post sir! you got the point... 101% agree :-)