View Poll Results: Should Old Raids (1+ expansions old) be soloable?

Voters
855. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely not, the point of a raid is challenge, prestige, and glory!

    58 6.78%
  • Yes they should be soloable, but not as easy as it is today after squish

    50 5.85%
  • Yes they should be soloable, and I do not want any changes to difficulty post squish what so ever

    747 87.37%
Page 1 of 23
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    I DON'T want raids to be soloable next expansion.

    Going by how Blizzard is going to handle I Squish, they are NOT going to make old content harder what so ever. Yes they are toning down numbers, but I'm afraid that Molten Core will still be soloable. THIS IS A BLOOD MMO!!! YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO SOLO RAIDS! Jeez how hard of a concept is that to understand? This game is NOT MEANT for soloing or raiding in small tiny groups. This game is about a massive community of 10+ players knocking out an instance. That was the impression I got when I first bought WOW. I played WoW since Vanilla and honestly I feel that my hard work for my tier 1 leggings and chest went to waste when a friend literally spent only 30 minutes in the instance and collected 5/8 of his tier without ANY HELP!.

    If they are toning down current content numbers by only 96%, that means my paladin will have about 33k HP and output of about 8k-13 DPS. That's wrath numbers. THIS is absurd, cause I recall being able to solo Molten Core without any issues with these stats.
    What is even MORE alarming is that Ghost Crawlers even suggested the use of Determination/ICC style buffs so raid difficulty WON'T BE EFFECTED! Why? You can keep numbers within the 32 bit combatcode WHILE solving the other issue meaning exploitation of old raids. You knock out BOTH birds with one stone!

    Blizzard CLEARLY has their priorities in the wrong places. Raids were never intended to be soloable. It destroys the hard work that previous players put into the game. Right now I work very hard for my heroic tier in SOO. But in 2 years, some dk will be able to solo it no problem. I feel like quitting cause my hard work won't last.

    EDIT please stop this nonsense argument about "but than no one will run old content. If you really don't have any friends go:
    http://openraid.us/
    or http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/oqueue

    PROPOSAL:
    Item Squish by 99.5%.
    DO NOT add any determination/ICC style buffs to compensate for the item squish.
    Last edited by Ragoso; 2013-11-15 at 06:59 PM.

  2. #2
    "hard work of previous players"? You do realize how far out of relevance MC is, don't you?

  3. #3
    So, you think Molten Core and every other raid should be scaled up to Siege of Orgrimmar's difficulty, every time a new patch comes out, or what?

    You want to make these raids impossible to do, since you will never find enough people?

  4. #4
    I don't think I follow. Since at least WOTLK I have been able to solo MC, something I greatly enjoy despite gaining every piece of usable loot out of it I could in Vanilla. Nothing will be changing except the numbers.

  5. #5
    Welcome to Warlords of Draenor, where reason's to hate are made up and opinions don't mean anything.

  6. #6
    You are multiple expansions too late for this complaint...
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  7. #7
    Good for you.
    "Like it's MY fault some BIG dragon knocked me into a cave full of LITTLE dragons!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.

  8. #8
    Mechagnome Tommys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    660
    This is a terrible troll.

    Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-11-14 at 05:05 PM.

  9. #9
    Raids were never intended to be soloable.
    If raids were never intended to be soloable, they would have done something about it a very long time ago. But they've had nearly a decade to do something, and instead they're working at making sure raids remain soloable.

    That seems to directly contradict your claim, unless of course your claim was just made up and is therefore not exactly relevant.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragoso View Post
    I feel like quitting cause my hard work won't last.
    It's an MMO. That's how MMOs work. You work hard progressing, then new stuff comes out and the old stuff is obsolete. That's how it's always been.

    Though if you're using this as an excuse to leave, go for it. If you're leaving over something this trivial, then you were looking for an excuse to leave anyways.

  11. #11
    Dreadlord Cinnamohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Enterprise, AL
    Posts
    810
    Hi. My youtube channel is based solely on just this and I'd prefer it if I actually had something to do next expansion. Thanks.

  12. #12
    This is a troll. It's gotta be. Don't feed it.

    Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-11-14 at 04:39 PM.
    Sealth [Cenarius] Priest

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragoso View Post
    I'm new to the forums here, but I want to make something very clear about my concerns.

    I am very concerned about how Blizzard is going to handle I Squish. Yes they are toning down numbers, but I'm afraid that Molten Core will still be soloable. THIS IS A BLOOD MMO!!! YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO SOLO RAIDS! Jeez how hard of a concept is that to understand? This game is NOT MEANT for soloing or raiding in small tiny groups. This game is about a massive community of 10+ players knocking out an instance. That was the impression I got when I first bought WOW. I played WoW since Vanilla and honestly I feel that my hard work for my tier 1 leggings and chest went to waste when a friend literally spent only 30 minutes in the instance and collected 5/8 of his tier without ANY HELP!.

    If they are toning down current content numbers by only 96%, that means my paladin will have about 33k HP and output of about 8k-13 DPS. That's wrath numbers. THIS is absurd, cause I recall being able to solo Molten Core without any issues with these stats.
    What is even MORE alarming is that Ghost Crawlers even suggested the use of Determination/ICC style buffs so raid difficulty WON'T BE EFFECTED! Why? You can keep numbers within the 32 bit combatcode WHILE solving the other issue meaning exploitation of old raids. You knock out BOTH birds with one stone!

    I feel Blizzard has their priorities in the wrong places. Raids were never intended to be soloable. It destroys the hard work that previous players put into the game. Right now I work very hard for my heroic tier in SOO. But in 2 years, some dk will be able to solo it no problem. I feel like quitting cause my hard work won't last.
    Get over yourself, you're gonna give yourself a hernia.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”
    Stephen Fry

  14. #14
    Warchief Azgraal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Unvanquished City of Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    2,212
    You want to experience MC when it was relevant and hard?

    Your only solution (apart from you-know-what-servers) is to hop to an alternative dimension in the past and do it then, I hear time traveling is the new hit thing in WoW.
    Disclaimer: The majority of my posts might be dripping in sarcasm. Don't take everything I say literally.




  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragoso View Post
    I feel Blizzard has their priorities in the wrong places. Raids were never intended to be soloable. It destroys the hard work that previous players put into the game. Right now I work very hard for my heroic tier in SOO. But in 2 years, some dk will be able to solo it no problem. I feel like quitting cause my hard work won't last.
    No it doesn't destroy the "hard work".

    What it does destroy is your own perception...

    You see, in the end, it's not the rewards - it's the journey. I raided MC > Bastion... I'll treasure those memories regardless of who has those same transmog items.

    I see a guy running around with a Legendary MC hammer, I don't think "Heh... that nub" - I simply recall the time when the first legendary hammer arrived on our server. Great memories. ^_^

    Seeing 20 of them now does not destroy that memory. Seeing 20 of them now does not ruin the fun I had put in enjoying those runs. It only ruins it if you somehow translate gameplay into "hard work".

    If you're calling gameplay "Hard Work", you should really reexamine why you're playing a video game.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  16. #16
    I dunno I think that soloing old content makes it all the cooler because you just go in and single handedly devastate bastions of villains and bring about justice without having to spend hours upon hours looking for people in trade chat just to be able to raid old content.

  17. #17
    WTF???? what the hell is with all these ad-hominid attacks? Just because you don't agree with me justifies this? LIKE I SAID IM NEW TO THE FORUMS here.

    Yes, old things DO become obsolete... But when it comes to keeping accomplishments, we don't want them to go to extremes. I am OK with a group of 7 going in to solo, but I think being able to clear the place alone by yourself in 20 mins crosses the line.

  18. #18
    how and why is this in the WoD forums? this has nothing to do with WoD, people have been solo'in old raids for like 6 years and 4 expansions now....

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragoso View Post
    I'm new to the forums here, but I want to make something very clear about my concerns.

    I am very concerned about how Blizzard is going to handle I Squish. Yes they are toning down numbers, but I'm afraid that Molten Core will still be soloable. THIS IS A BLOOD MMO!!! YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO SOLO RAIDS! Jeez how hard of a concept is that to understand? This game is NOT MEANT for soloing or raiding in small tiny groups. This game is about a massive community of 10+ players knocking out an instance. That was the impression I got when I first bought WOW. I played WoW since Vanilla and honestly I feel that my hard work for my tier 1 leggings and chest went to waste when a friend literally spent only 30 minutes in the instance and collected 5/8 of his tier without ANY HELP!.

    If they are toning down current content numbers by only 96%, that means my paladin will have about 33k HP and output of about 8k-13 DPS. That's wrath numbers. THIS is absurd, cause I recall being able to solo Molten Core without any issues with these stats.
    What is even MORE alarming is that Ghost Crawlers even suggested the use of Determination/ICC style buffs so raid difficulty WON'T BE EFFECTED! Why? You can keep numbers within the 32 bit combatcode WHILE solving the other issue meaning exploitation of old raids. You knock out BOTH birds with one stone!

    I feel Blizzard has their priorities in the wrong places. Raids were never intended to be soloable. It destroys the hard work that previous players put into the game. Right now I work very hard for my heroic tier in SOO. But in 2 years, some dk will be able to solo it no problem. I feel like quitting cause my hard work won't last.
    You see this?

    Huh?

    Now go sit in the corner and think about what you did.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragoso View Post
    I am OK with a group of 7 going in to solo,
    i don't think you know what solo means.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •