Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Idk if there are hackers skilled enough and interested enough in bringing youtube down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Op assumed hacked because the error page implies that youtube's server maintenance crew consists of monkeys. But it's a joke that has been there for years.

Meh, I wanna watch new feed the world but any video won't work for me either

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    Idk if there are hackers skilled enough and interested enough in bringing youtube down.
    hackers killing youtube seems self defeating since it would essentially cut off their primary source of cat videos.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    "A team of trained monkeys" Well that explains a lot about Youtube's coding and why it has a tendency of fucking up uploads.

I'm getting the same issue - it seems to be lasting longer than it usually does though. Usually this happens for like less than a minute...

OP. Unfortunately you're incorrect. The error you're getting is because you have a toolbar active that is blocking access to youtube. Just fixed this on a clients computer. He had several of these useless toolbars.

Youtube is working just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epeenmcbean View Post
    OP. Unfortunately you're incorrect. The error you're getting is because you have a toolbar active that is blocking access to youtube. Just fixed this on a clients computer. He had several of these useless toolbars.

I don't have toolbars. My Youtube doesn't work either. Your point is moot.

You're incorrect. If it was only the OP having the issue, you might be correct. Almost everyone is having this issue right now. So, unless there's some global hack thats forcing everyone to download a toolbar that blocks youtube... I'd say it's YouTube, not a toolbar.

Not true. I have nothing of the sort installed and the youtube homepage is still displaying that error. If you follow links directly to videos though, it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by QwertySham View Post
    You're incorrect. If it was only the OP having the issue, you might be correct. Almost everyone is having this issue right now. So, unless there's some global hack thats forcing everyone to download a toolbar that blocks youtube... I'd say it's YouTube, not a toolbar.
    Yeah, the only 'toolbar' I have is the default Google thing that comes with Firefox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by QwertySham View Post
    You're incorrect. If it was only the OP having the issue, you might be correct. Almost everyone is having this issue right now. So, unless there's some global hack thats forcing everyone do download a toolbar that blocks youtube... I'd say it's YouTube, not a toolbar.
    Damn Anonymous!! Hacking our computers to install Bing toolbars! Those monsters should be hung... by their pinkies over a pit of flaming sharks.

RIP youtube, the Illuminati Lizard People who run the US government have made their move. Google + will now be integrated with every site on the surface web!

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Damn Anonymous!! Hacking our computers to install Bing toolbars! Those monsters should be hung... by their pinkies over a pit of flaming sharks.
    haha :P
    Them damn Bing toolbars! And here I was thinking than Anon was for "internet freedom", instead they're installing a useless toolbar on my computer!
    Last edited by QwertySham; 2013-11-18 at 10:45 PM.

Deleted
    Not hacked. I've seen this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Hopefully down for maintenance (to remove google+ hopefully)
    Youtube doesn't go down for maintenance though. They'd have a page for that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I've seen it over on a few websites not related to youtube, same message, but I was on my mac, so I thought it was an adobe flash related thing or something.
    Same message, monkeys and all.
    Whatev's though, it's tech, you're gonna have troubles now and then.
    Oh you guys and your life of now-tech. Franky says relax.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elapo View Post
    Youtube doesn't go down for maintenance though. They'd have a page for that.
    Awww man, I was hoping so much

15+ Year Old Account
    Changed the thread title from a statement of a fact (that we don't know for a fact) to a question.

It is really weird that it is down at this time of day; must be some critical hits to the infrastructure somewhere or something.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Google seems to be alright.

But honestly, I wish people would educate themselves on the messages that web servers give users of the internet (aside from the classic 404) so that they don't jump the gun like this.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's all the music I've been listening to all day. Stuck listening to the same song now.

Strange for it to be down at this time.

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |