View Poll Results: Would you like to see Fungal Dolphin mounts?

Voters
313. You may not vote on this poll
  • Badger Badger Badger (Nope...)

55 17.57%
  • Mushroom Mushroom (Yup!)

180 57.51%
  • Ah Snake! oooo it's a snake (Undecided)

78 24.92%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Dolphins of Draenor

my friend just told me a crazy theory. he thinks that if the Fungal Giants came from the Fungal Whales, than the Sporelings came from Spore Dolphins.

I think he's insane.

but now he wants a spore dolphin mount.

Would you like a Spore Dolphin mount? lol

EDIT: if the poll seems weird to you, it's because spores remind me of mushrooms and mushrooms remind me of the badger song lol
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-11-19 at 01:19 AM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Not if they're as sentient as Sporelings

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

I'd rather want a flying Fungal Whale mount

I want a Fungal War Talbuk.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Like dragons?

If theres a dolphin called incognito id laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    I want a Fungal War Talbuk.
    Warlords of Draenor: Revenge of the Talbuk

Patch 6.2
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    well, dragons are sentient and more intelligent than mortals, but we still ride them around like bosses, so I don't see why sentient spore dolphins would be an issue

Somebody in another thread said this before... and had that exact same theory. /boggle

Anyways, I don't think Fungal Giants were decended from Fungal whales. I think they showed that photo at Blizzcon for a size representation only.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Somebody in another thread said this before... and had that exact same theory. /boggle

Anyways, I don't think Fungal Giants were decended from Fungal whales. I think they showed that photo at Blizzcon for a size representation only.
    fungal giants and fungal whales have the same eyes, the same type of mouth (though the whale's is way bigger), the same tendrils and the same colorations (starting purple on the head and turning green near the feet/tail). since they are fungal, the giants are probably the whales that just took a different shape to adapt to the fact that there wasn't enough water to swim anymore.

I want a Flying Fungal Squid.
    "A NAME IS A CLOAK OF LETTERS THROWN UPON A MAN. IT MEANS NOTHING." - Transcendent One, Planescape: Torment.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    fungal giants and fungal whales have the same eyes, the same type of mouth (though the whale's is way bigger), the same tendrils and the same colorations (starting purple on the head and turning green near the feet/tail). since they are fungal, the giants are probably the whales that just took a different shape to adapt to the fact that there wasn't enough water to swim anymore.
    I know it's kinda wrong to say this now that pet battles are becoming "last xpac's feature", but this isn't Pokemon, evolution doesn't occur that fast..
    Although one could retcon this by blaming the Fel energies that changed the sea into a swamp in our timeline's Draenor for the whales' transformation, I guess..

Sporelings probably came from the "Forelings"

I think that'd be these guys

Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    I know it's kinda wrong to say this now that pet battles are becoming "last xpac's feature", but this isn't Pokemon, evolution doesn't occur that fast..
    Although one could retcon this by blaming the Fel energies that changed the sea into a swamp in our timeline's Draenor, I guess..
    I'm not talking about evolution, I'm talking about simple shape changing. if you look at them, they are made of a bunch of fungi bundled together. and they are capable of making mushrooms grow and stuff like that. I'd bet they'd be able to change their shape (by manipulating the fungi that compose their bodies) to adapt themselves to a new environment.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'm not talking about evolution, I'm talking about simple shape changing. if you look at them, they are made of a bunch of fungi bundled together. and they are capable of making mushrooms grow and stuff like that. I'd bet they'd be able to change their shape (by manipulating the fungi that compose their bodies) to adapt themselves to a new environment.

...which pretty much is the definition of evolution.. Just because their "base structure" is fungi instead of cells doesn't change how you call it

Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    ...which pretty much is the definition of evolution.. Just because their "base structure" is fungi instead of cells doesn't change how you call it
    But it does change the process. They don't need to alter their biology through generational changes, they could simply change their structure.

Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    omg those flower things are so cute!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I'm excited to see the Zangar Sea & Fungal Whales honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    I'm excited to see the Zangar Sea & Fungal Whales honestly.
    me too, but they said no underwater zones this time, so don't expect to see many whales lol

I want a mushroom mount