Stormlash 50% proc chance?

I dont get what their doing to stormlash totem now x.x i was fine with it this way to be honest
    Last edited by LexZombie13; 2013-11-19 at 02:28 AM.

what is this now? they're nerfing stormlash?
    I've no idea what to write here.

Are still keeping it at 100% dmg and just changing the proc from 20% to 50% cause that will make pvp a little broken

ps. plz link blue post also next time

It was changed because there were lag problems with everyone proccing it 100% of the time. IIRC the change to 50% was to resolve that and not intended to be a nerf.

really cause its a 50% chance to proc 40% damage now >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    what is this now? they're nerfing stormlash?
    As I recall, they were going to double the duration of Stormlash Totem and change it to a 50% proc chance as a means of mitigating combat event spam during the initial few seconds of fights. I don't know if it was something that was confirmed to happen or happened, though. Haven't really followed it since I heard it mentioned a while back.

Few weeks ago they made the following change on Stormlash:
    from 100% proc chance and X damage, they changed it to 20% proc chance and 5*X damage.
    They made this to lower the "input" lag which is caused by the multiply combat events, especially at pull.
    With this change you should do the same damage as before, at least mathematically...
    But this low proc chance combined with the short duration of Stormlash, leads to the wierd situations when you get 2-3 million damage from it on one pull and zero on another.

Now they increase the proc to 50% and lower the damage to 40% of the current(the 5*X) . They hope this will normalize the damage output of Stormalsh. I personally doubt that...
    Last edited by Rahim; 2013-11-19 at 02:27 PM.

Deleted
    The damage it yields in long run doesnt change, now its just 50% more likely to behave the same on everyone on pull.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahim View Post
    from 100% proc chance and X damage, they changed it to 20% proc chance and 5*X damage.
    They made this to lower the "input" lag which is caused by the multiply combat events, especially at pull.
    With this change you should do the same damage as before, at least mathematically...
    But this low proc chance combined with the short duration of Stormlash, leads to the wierd situations when you get 2-3 million damage from it on one pull and zero on another.

Now they increase the proc to 50% and lower the damage to 40% of the current(the 5*X) . They hope this will normalize the damage output of Stormalsh. I personally doubt that...
    Basically this. I've done a few scenarios on my Ele offspec and seen a couple of Stormlash crits of 1M and be all O.O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    Basically this. I've done a few scenarios on my Ele offspec and seen a couple of Stormlash crits of 1M and be all O.O
    Haha, yep. Ele mainspec here, seen up to 1,4m and sometimes... none at all D:

15+ Year Old Account
    "Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

General
    Stormlash Totem's Stormlash effect now has a 50% chance to activate and deals 40% of current damage (This is up from a 20% chance to activate and down from a 100% damage increase when activated compared to a hotfix from October 4)."

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

A needed change for pvp. I have seen 140k crits in arena.

And a needed change for PVE too.
    In that form it's rather gambling than a DPS cooldown.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yup, it's nice to see the big numbers but it's frustrating to see no procs come from it.

So it seems that it went from:

100% Proc, X damage.
    to
    20% Proc, X*5 damage
    to
    50% Proc, X*2 damage

So, first one was too laggy, second one was too bursty. Mathematically, its always been the same damage, but this latest iteration seems to be the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

it is a very small portion of your overall damage. Also, the average of 10 or 25 players triggering it is probably very close to that of the old stormlash.
    in arenas however, it can on rare occasions simply destroy the opponent in as little as one gcd. It can also be completely useless too.