1. #1

    Warrior pvp questions

    1. Should I macro hamstring to something or use it separately?

    2. I feel like I'm using Heroic strike too much and its making me rage starved. Is that bad? I have a habit of mashing it with slam while CS is up.

    3. I always seem to have a lot of stacks of overpower should I use it? It's damage is pretty low though.

    4. What is the pvp rotation, or priority, of arms?

    5. Gems/enchants and socket bonuses?

  2. #2
    Gem - Crit
    Overpower all the time (Only slam if you got all cds and trinkets up)
    Hamstring + Charge = superb, since the second they get too far away to put on hamstring, you'll just charge
    priority - CS -> MS -> Overpower spam
    Heroic strike is no go in PvP, don't ever use it

  3. #3
    Epic! Anium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Posts
    1,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeion View Post
    Gem - Crit
    Overpower all the time (Only slam if you got all cds and trinkets up)
    Hamstring + Charge = superb, since the second they get too far away to put on hamstring, you'll just charge
    priority - CS -> MS -> Overpower spam
    Heroic strike is no go in PvP, don't ever use it
    You mean : MS->CS (when up)- slam especially when CS is on and overpower as often as you can. Always important to use MS off cooldown for enrage procs.

    And yeah crit and str all the way for gems. Some people like to gem all crit.

    Last but not least, always go ham.

  4. #4
    Bloodsail Admiral Avada Kedavra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    MN - USA
    Posts
    1,208
    I do not have hamstring macrod to anything - just shift+1. just aplly it right after a charge and maintain it.

    replace your heroic strikes with slam during CS unless ur about to rage cap then HS.

    always use overpower when u have it - it is ur strongest ability cause it cannot be dogged/parried/avoided

    rotation: CS > MS > OP > Slam (inside CS) > HS if about to rage cap

    gem for crit and str -
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    I do not have hamstring macrod to anything - just shift+1. just aplly it right after a charge and maintain it.

    replace your heroic strikes with slam during CS unless ur about to rage cap then HS.

    always use overpower when u have it - it is ur strongest ability cause it cannot be dogged/parried/avoided

    rotation: CS > MS > OP > Slam (inside CS) > HS if about to rage cap

    gem for crit and str -
    Why does overpower take priority over slam in a CS? Do I put str+crit gems in every socket?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    1. Should I macro hamstring to something or use it separately?

    2. I feel like I'm using Heroic strike too much and its making me rage starved. Is that bad? I have a habit of mashing it with slam while CS is up.

    3. I always seem to have a lot of stacks of overpower should I use it? It's damage is pretty low though.

    4. What is the pvp rotation, or priority, of arms?

    5. Gems/enchants and socket bonuses?
    1. use it seperately. piercing howl is your best bet the majority of the time

    2.many warriors, including myself, don't use Heroic Strike alone. I macro'd it into Heroic Strike+Slam since HS is off the GCD. Yes, it does end up costing 55rage to use, but if you it comes down to you 1v1 in arena(i mostly do 2's so this happenes often) AND are glyphed for 120 rage, pooling all 120 rage + using CD's and double HS+Slam plus an Overpower to use that last 10rage can extremely devistating, if timed correctly

    3.Overpower is an interesting ability. Not something you want to stack all the way and dump all at once, but to be used intermittently throughout your rotation

    4.ask 10 warriors and you can get 10 different answers. it's completely class/spec depending to be honest. if you have questions about certain class/specs, i'd be able to divulge much further.

    5.1.Strength 2.Crit 3.Strength/Crit. Ignore Stam and PvP Power socket bonuses

  7. #7
    Pandaren Monk Mukki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ANC! ANC! ANC!
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    You mean : MS->CS (when up)- slam especially when CS is on and overpower as often as you can. Always important to use MS off cooldown for enrage procs.

    And yeah crit and str all the way for gems. Some people like to gem all crit.

    Last but not least, always go ham.
    Why would you use MS before CS? MS does comparable damage to slam with the CS debuff up. You're literally nerfing your throughput by using MS before CS.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Why would you use MS before CS? MS does comparable damage to slam with the CS debuff up. You're literally nerfing your throughput by using MS before CS.
    I always MS first, then CS. The reason is that it allows for more Slam's under CS which does more damage than MS.

    As for OP :

    1. Should I macro hamstring to something or use it separately?

    I would macro it with Charge so that it frees up another hotkey for something else.

    2. I feel like I'm using Heroic strike too much and its making me rage starved. Is that bad? I have a habit of mashing it with slam while CS is up.

    As others have said, don't use HS for anything, save the rage for another Slam or something else

    3. I always seem to have a lot of stacks of overpower should I use it? It's damage is pretty low though.

    The damage isn't really what OP is for, it is to lower the cooldown on MS

    4. What is the pvp rotation, or priority, of arms?

    There isn't much of a rotation really, other then somewhat pooling rage to make sure to get as many slam's under CS

    5. Gems/enchants and socket bonuses?

    Either gemming full crit or str / crit is fine, don't worry about socket bonuses as most are pretty terrible but at the same time something extra.

  9. #9
    Bloodsail Admiral ShadowForge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    I do not have hamstring macrod to anything - just shift+1. just aplly it right after a charge and maintain it.

    replace your heroic strikes with slam during CS unless ur about to rage cap then HS.

    always use overpower when u have it - it is ur strongest ability cause it cannot be dogged/parried/avoided

    rotation: CS > MS > OP > Slam (inside CS) > HS if about to rage cap

    gem for crit and str -
    ok obviously you dnt play a good warrior, what is the point of having hamstring on a seprate bind and applying it after charge most warriors have it macroed to charge anyway so your just making life harder for yourself,HS lol only a shit warrior would use HS over slam if your gonna use an ability like HS to dump rage use either slam or even cleave which is better than HS cos it hits 2 ppl and overpower is not our strongest ability slam is when you have collosus smash on a person. and shift+1 is a shit bind for hamstring which is something your gonna use every 20 seconds or less

    - - - Updated - - -

    so many people saying to use heroic strike do not use heroic strike in PVP at all its garbage.

    talents i go with are

    1.juggernaut
    2. second wind
    3.piercing howl ( used to be disrupting shout but with the shared cooldown on pummel with it its kinda shittty)
    4.bladestorm
    5.mass spell reflection ( safeguard is good in arenas but in mass pvp like rated bg's not much effect to it since cc is insane in rated bg's)
    6. avatar

    depending if your doing arena you can swap out bladestorm for shockwave and avatar for stormbolt, never really used bloodbath only when i was messing around in fury in rando mbg's but if you take shockwave you dnt take stormbolt cos i think they share DR on there stuns

    - - - Updated - - -

    for gems and enchants just search the highest rated warriors in rated bg's or 3v3 or whatever bracket oyur doing is simple theres no point asking here cos everyone wants warrior nerfs apart from me so dnt trust fan site info as fact if you want to know facts look at high rated warriors and there setups and dnt listen to these people here who say use HS cos when you see people posting you should use HS in pvp thats when you should leave the thread and do a little research elswhere

  10. #10
    Epic! Anium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Posts
    1,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Why would you use MS before CS? MS does comparable damage to slam with the CS debuff up. You're literally nerfing your throughput by using MS before CS.
    Quite the contrary, MS should always be on cooldown above everything

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    theres no point asking here cos everyone wants warrior nerfs apart from me so dnt trust fan site info as fact if you want to know facts look at high rated warriors and there setups and dnt listen to these people here who say use HS cos when you see people posting you should use HS in pvp thats when you should leave the thread and do a little research elswhere
    Your entire post was laugh-worthy but this part here was the most hilarious. And you clearly didn't understand the least bit of what the guy who you quoted said, apart from Shift +1 being a weird keybind to have for Hamstring. He DID say that Slam is the one to use when under CS, the reason he mentioned OP as the strongest ability is because it can't be avoided in any way and it even reduces the cooldown of MS, he said to use HS only when about to rage cap (a situation which you will run into sometimes). The reason to use HS would be because it's off the GCD...you don't use it exclusively, you use it when you want to bleed off a bit of rage and don't want to delay using your other abilities.

    Coming here and saying not to trust anyone else other than you makes you look like an addled dolt.

  12. #12
    Bloodsail Admiral ShadowForge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintie View Post
    Your entire post was laugh-worthy but this part here was the most hilarious. And you clearly didn't understand the least bit of what the guy who you quoted said, apart from Shift +1 being a weird keybind to have for Hamstring. He DID say that Slam is the one to use when under CS, the reason he mentioned OP as the strongest ability is because it can't be avoided in any way and it even reduces the cooldown of MS, he said to use HS only when about to rage cap (a situation which you will run into sometimes). The reason to use HS would be because it's off the GCD...you don't use it exclusively, you use it when you want to bleed off a bit of rage and don't want to delay using your other abilities.

    Coming here and saying not to trust anyone else other than you makes you look like an addled dolt.
    yet you still say he should use HS cos its of the GCD its a rubbish ability most warriors use slam to rage dump now if you say to any warrior in game i use HS in pvp they will laugh at you so my thread i posted is laughable when most pvp warriors go with either my specc or its varient and your also laughing at the fact that you can macro charge and hamstring please and also you think its hilarious to look at high rated warriors to see what there gems and enchants are and talents etc i fail to see what your post is trying to do cos all i posted was some helpful info and it is infact true that you get alot of bad info on classes here hell you might aswell go ask in trade chat

  13. #13
    What does warrior do outside of CDs? As far as I know their only cc is a aoe fear. Do they just keep on doing damage non stop?

    Also I see a lot of warrior go blade storm and bloodbath. Isn't shock wave and storm bolt viable?

  14. #14
    Personally, for Arena the CC of SB/SW trumps the output of BS or Avatar/Bloodbath. Sure you will put out better numbers. But those are useless when you just watch someone heal through them. Slam > HS. Better output per rage then HS. Keep MS on cooldown. Slam during CS. If they are stacking keep SS up.

    For BG's Bladestorm/Avatar is more useful as it allows you to test their healers. But I personally still use SB/SW because of the CC.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    yet you still say he should use HS cos its of the GCD its a rubbish ability most warriors use slam to rage dump now if you say to any warrior in game i use HS in pvp they will laugh at you so my thread i posted is laughable when most pvp warriors go with either my specc or its varient and your also laughing at the fact that you can macro charge and hamstring please and also you think its hilarious to look at high rated warriors to see what there gems and enchants are and talents etc i fail to see what your post is trying to do cos all i posted was some helpful info and it is infact true that you get alot of bad info on classes here hell you might aswell go ask in trade chat
    if you're going for a kill, you can dump rage with heroic strike AS you use slam. provided that the target will definitely die, it's more damage in a shorter window since heroic strike is OFF the gcd.

    you're regurgitating what pvpers say without considering anyone else's views. it's definitely true that you can easily rage starve yourself and reduce your damage over a longer period of time by using heroic strike, but it has a place in pvp even if it's rarely used.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoosh View Post
    Personally, for Arena the CC of SB/SW trumps the output of BS or Avatar/Bloodbath. Sure you will put out better numbers. But those are useless when you just watch someone heal through them. Slam > HS. Better output per rage then HS. Keep MS on cooldown. Slam during CS. If they are stacking keep SS up.

    For BG's Bladestorm/Avatar is more useful as it allows you to test their healers. But I personally still use SB/SW because of the CC.
    there are stun drs to consider as well as the cc immunity bladestorm provides, as well as the damage component if they happen to be stacked. also, with different scaling comes different ability usage so bladestorm might get better as we get more prideful.


    If you want to talk to me about wow theorycrafting or anything really: Eranthe#1639

  16. #16
    MS > all as much as possible
    CS on cd.
    Op > all after MS
    Slam > OP during CS OR if above 75 rage as a rage dump. thats a big one. slam is great above 75 rage instead of using a heroic strike.
    HS is a last resort to rage dump. Id never use it with slam in a gcd.

    Now during a CS window consider the following in regards to MS vs Slam. if u have EITHER high rage e.g. 50-60+ use slam > MS OR are in a position to possibly kill. It will provide a little more burst but in the long run its probably a loss in dmg. I personally us MS > slam in CS most of the time. Higher rage = higher sustained pressure.

    More often u use MS more often u can use OP and more rage u have. In 2's where u can sit battle oftenly, you can use slam more freely. in 3s when sitting almost 100% in Prot stance, the MS on cd will be much better rage/pressure/dmg overall.

    In terms of spec most warriors run with 1 or 2 stuns. depending on what comps you play this can change or what you vs.
    Id recomend atleast 1 stun at all times. pref Shockwave. Bladestorm is great pressure but is also easily countered. so ur rating/comp will dictate how effective it can be.

    As for gems crit scales the best for warriors. socket bonuses are up to you. id take the STR ones over pvp power if u had to skip some. str gives base dmg + a little crit.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Klash View Post
    MS > all as much as possible
    CS on cd.
    Op > all after MS
    Slam > OP during CS OR if above 75 rage as a rage dump. thats a big one. slam is great above 75 rage instead of using a heroic strike.
    HS is a last resort to rage dump. Id never use it with slam in a gcd.

    Now during a CS window consider the following in regards to MS vs Slam. if u have EITHER high rage e.g. 50-60+ use slam > MS OR are in a position to possibly kill. It will provide a little more burst but in the long run its probably a loss in dmg. I personally us MS > slam in CS most of the time. Higher rage = higher sustained pressure.

    More often u use MS more often u can use OP and more rage u have. In 2's where u can sit battle oftenly, you can use slam more freely. in 3s when sitting almost 100% in Prot stance, the MS on cd will be much better rage/pressure/dmg overall.

    In terms of spec most warriors run with 1 or 2 stuns. depending on what comps you play this can change or what you vs.
    Id recomend atleast 1 stun at all times. pref Shockwave. Bladestorm is great pressure but is also easily countered. so ur rating/comp will dictate how effective it can be.

    As for gems crit scales the best for warriors. socket bonuses are up to you. id take the STR ones over pvp power if u had to skip some. str gives base dmg + a little crit.


    Agreed... i do feel warrior is alot of gear depedent for the burst.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •