Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I kinda call bs on this one. On two characters combined I ran LFR around 8 times, of which a couple 1 or 2 days before the raid lock reset, and the worst that happened on any boss was three wipes. Even Garrosh never took more than two stacks of determination.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    There are tons that can, that don't require raiders. I don't do LFR on my raid main. I do it on my alts and I usually do it late Sunday or Saturday because I just don't have time during the week. The groups...aren't always amazing but I have never, ever had to endure the same boss 16 times. At most 2 or 3.
    But it is still you playing. If I hopped on my hunter sure, probably wont compare to hunters with more experience. However, I still know as much as to follow a rotation, do the mechanics and actually gem/enchant/reforge.

Take 25 pure LFR players and put them in an LFR. they will wipe multiple times, and probably would not down all the bosses if determination did not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Is there not a problem when content cannot be cleared by those it was designed for? Only when those above it come in and help?

Can the bar even be lowered any more? Is it possible to nerf LFR another inch without actually upsetting some for lack of difficulty?

How do people sit behind their computer and have absolutely no idea whats going on or what they're doing.?
    LF"R" was not designed in order to cater to players with no more skill at playing than a chimpanzee flinging poo at spectators in the zoo is accurate. At least I hope that this was not the intent.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Lower than heroics pls. Or remove tier/trinkets kthnx
    And by this i mean literally entry level gear. maybe even blues, or first tier epics only. So say in WoD, Blackrock foundry is released, LFR mode will reward blues or epic items of first tier quality, what we might consider to be ilvl 476 items in todays standards. the LAST raid of the WoD expansion should drop the same ilvl items in my mind, making the encounters exist only as a spectator mode, or mechanism to gear up alts.

So then LFR can reward players who want to SEE the new content, and also gear up to advance further down the line to increase there stats and output in damage/healing in normal mode etc where all the real gear exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they did something as retarded as that they may as well not implement it and have people watch youtube videos. Aside from killing off LFR as with no reward structure there'll be very few people queueing for it, they'd also have to tune those bosses WAY down in later tiers to accommodate that people have shitter gear.

If you don't like LFR, don't go, don't shit on it for other people.

when you leave after one wipe this could happen, but with 10 stacks its almost impossible to not complete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    If they did something as retarded as that they may as well not implement it and have people watch youtube videos. Aside from killing off LFR as with no reward structure there'll be very few people queueing for it, they'd also have to tune those bosses WAY down in later tiers to accommodate that people have shitter gear.

If you don't like LFR, don't go, don't shit on it for other people.
    There is absolutely no reason to shit on it. It is already full to the top of that.

Thats very weird, I've never had such a bad group in LFR, and run it every week, might have 1-2 wipes over 2-3 wings, but nothing blocking us. Bad luck I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as I run it so often with pretty much no or very few problems I'd disagree, unless the number of derps in the US is massively higher than the EU, then these war stories are either fabrications, hyperbolic or people forgetting all the times they killed bosses without wipes.

Seeing as I run it so often with pretty much no or very few problems I'd disagree, unless the number of derps in the US is massively higher than the EU, then these war stories are either fabrications, hyperbolic or people forgetting all the times they killed bosses without wipes.
    This is what I've been thinking to be honest, EU here and have never been through half the horror stories I've read on MMO-Champ. Then again maybe we're just lucky

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    This is what I've been thinking to be honest, EU here and have never been through half the horror stories I've read on MMO-Champ. Then again maybe we're just lucky
    Question, does the EU kick shit players for playing like shit or just stack determination? The US does the latter, if EU did the former that would explain alot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    yep. thats it. european LFR heroes are uber.

10+ Year Old Account
    It amuses me because it's quite well known that the majority of the forum posters are heroic raiders in top 100 guilds and whatnot, but they all have troubles in LFR

I absolutely cannot believe this
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

It amuses me because it's quite well known that the majority of the forum posters are heroic raiders in top 100 guilds and whatnot, but they all have troubles in LFR
    While it is easy for 24 people to carry 1 bad player, 1 good player will struggle to carry 24 bad ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the EU (from my experience anyway) you get kicked if you're afk or offline. Other than tanks incapable of working out basic mechanics after they're explained, pretty much nobody else gets kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    yep. thats it. european LFR heroes are uber.
    Sorry I wasn't meaning to imply that, I should have clarified my thoughts, US obviously has a larger player base I would assume, meaning it may be more common to get into *worse* groups. Sorry no offense was meant!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I've been in 13 LFR's for SoO this week, none of them got past the first boss. Most of them continuously wiped on trash, and of the three groups that did make it to the boss, they never got past the first phase. I definitely know that I'm not the only other player suffering from these failed groups, I was in a conversation with another raider who was trying to just get a 2h weapon from the boss, he was in a dozen other LFR groups that all died on first boss too, and he still hasn't gotten a chance to get his weapon. All of this time waiting to get into SoO for two hours, then waiting another hour to finally figure out that they won't ever get past the first boss before requeuing. It's really, really aggravating.
    Weird. I've never had problems like that... ever.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

10+ Year Old Account
    While it is easy for 24 people to carry 1 bad player, 1 good player will struggle to carry 24 bad ones.
    Yes, but aside from that being gross exaggeration, my point is, as you can see, they all (exaggeration on my part) seem to hate LFR so much and want it toned down massively (reward blues, but nothing but spectator mode etc), so why are they there in the first place if they hate it so much and are so far above it?

Question, does the EU kick shit players for playing like shit or just stack determination? The US does the latter, if EU did the former that would explain alot.
    Never had a group that stacked determination, infact I think the highest buff we got was like 3 stacks on garrosh first week. Since then maybe 1 wipe per wing, usually because we have had new folks that don't know tactics and don't speak up, but once we wipe, we explain tacts and nail it after.

Very rarely do I see folks being kicked for anything other than being DC'd or AFK somewhere in the instance. Mostly runs are smooth.