Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    its all a matter of luck.
    when downfall opened on lfr i went there to take a look on how lfr was doing and the group killed garrosh on 1st try.
    it felt so good that i never did lfr again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    yep. thats it. european LFR heroes are uber.
    I've noticed the same thing in Wrath and Cataclysm. The most whining about bad 5 man heroic groups came from the US forums. European players just get shit done, without all this silly entitlement whining about being able to see the content without knowing how to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Yes, but aside from that being gross exaggeration, my point is, as you can see, they all (exaggeration on my part) seem to hate LFR so much and want it toned down massively (reward blues, but nothing but spectator mode etc), so why are they there in the first place if they hate it so much and are so far above it?
    Trinkets and tier drops to fill out a few gear holes, from what I'm hearing on the forums. Sorta like how heroic raiders had to go run that 5 man ToC instance a bunch of times to get the then best in slot trinket drop, when they massively outgeared the dungeon.

Did a LFR last night, wiped 5 times on immerseus and that was several ninja pulls and others were just bad. The trio were fine, one shot. Norushen we wiped twice and then got it. Sha we wiped 4 times and then there were 2 more ninja pulls. Took close to 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I've been in 13 LFR's for SoO this week, none of them got past the first boss. Most of them continuously wiped on trash, and of the three groups that did make it to the boss, they never got past the first phase. I definitely know that I'm not the only other player suffering from these failed groups, I was in a conversation with another raider who was trying to just get a 2h weapon from the boss, he was in a dozen other LFR groups that all died on first boss too, and he still hasn't gotten a chance to get his weapon. All of this time waiting to get into SoO for two hours, then waiting another hour to finally figure out that they won't ever get past the first boss before requeuing. It's really, really aggravating.
    I'm pretty sure the problem is you. I've never had this issue. If you know what you're doing you should step up and point out what needs to be done to win. It sounds like you're leaving after one wipe and hopping right back into the queue. Otherwise I don't see how you would have time to queue for 13 separate runs. No one's luck is that bad. If you won't take charge of the group and lead them to victory then you really have no room to complain because you're a part of the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    So...

do you just not have the shitters who cant break 60k? What is your secret?
    60k is fine to carry, whats the beef. THe fights require an average DPS of about 80k; with just one or two people rocking 200k+ (And I can usually be one of them if I haven't queued as heals) the bosses die. It is actually REMARKABLY easy for 1 person (dps) to 'carry' the group; or at the very least be the difference between a comfy kill and a wipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it very hard to believe, in the first week of LFR my very first grp just steamrolled thru it...I really think you are exaggerating

Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    I've noticed the same thing in Wrath and Cataclysm. The most whining about bad 5 man heroic groups came from the US forums. European players just get shit done, without all this silly entitlement whining about being able to see the content without knowing how to play.
    You mean all this silly entitlement whining about "carrying" people through the raids. I see far more of that on these forums. If you're running with random groups you'll encounter random skill levels. You should expect this and deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Deleted
    Bullshit.
    And even if its not, Then you stay in the group and build up stacks of Determination which the whole group gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Bullshit.
    And even if its not, Then you stay in the group and build up stacks of Determination which the whole group gets.
    Only to then wipe endlessly on the second boss till you get enough determination to kill it, only to wipe endlessly on the third boss until you get enough determination to kill it... Yeah I don't think I'll be wasting my time on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    what amazes me is how some people can pull 200k+ dps but then fail at mechanics... a rogue at sha of fear boss died while doing like 226k dps ... I have no idea how he managed to get himself killed ... he just nuked the boss... didn't even go to kill the little sha's

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    I'm pretty sure the problem is you. I've never had this issue. If you know what you're doing you should step up and point out what needs to be done to win. It sounds like you're leaving after one wipe and hopping right back into the queue. Otherwise I don't see how you would have time to queue for 13 separate runs. No one's luck is that bad. If you won't take charge of the group and lead them to victory then you really have no room to complain because you're a part of the problem.
    I'm with Ronduwil on this one.

The thing about LFR is that because of the large number of participants, the statistical distribution of players becomes fairly predictable and stays within a certain range with a fairly low probability of falling out of that range. In English, the chances of getting a group good enough to clear with only a few wipes in the whole run is pretty good. Occasionally you'll get a group that 1 shots every boss, and occasionally you'll a group that really struggles.

That being said, from an individual's perspective, you can expect the other 24 raiders to be roughly equal each time you go to LFR. If you are, on average, having worse "luck" in LFR than some other random person, odds are the difference is you.

Crazy as this sounds, it has statistical merit, and matches my experience. It doesn't take much to beat LFR, and often 1 good player is all that stands between success and failure. This doesn't mean that 1 good player is all that is needed. Every LFR needs a few decent players to succeed. But when a fight needs only 5 competent players to beat it, if you are a good player, then you're going to need only 4 good players among those other 24 which is 20% less than the 5 that some other random bad is hoping for in his group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Only to then wipe endlessly on the second boss till you get enough determination to kill it, only to wipe endlessly on the third boss until you get enough determination to kill it... Yeah I don't think I'll be wasting my time on that.
    I have often been in groups where the difference between the first and second attempts is huge. It's not just about the determination buff. There are always people who leave after 1 or 2 wipes, and unsurprisingly, their replacement ends up doing a much better job than them. People who tend to stay simply have a better attitude which ends up making them better raiders. Also, most people do actually have some capacity to learn from their mistakes, so second time they don't make the same mistake again. Lastly, I think that there also people who join LFR and slack off believing the rest of the group will carry them, but after 1 wipe they decide they may as well put in some effort so hey do.

I have been in a group with 7 stacks before on my shaman healer. It was spoils and our dps/tanks were not very good. Explained the fight in detail about it but in the end we replaced one of the tanks and a lot of the dps.

Also had to inform the healers if they had those bombs not to run around with them on their heads as you get 3 bombs I think and they had all 3 of them blow up on top of them instead of laying them on the ground somewhere.

Question, does the EU kick shit players for playing like shit or just stack determination? The US does the latter, if EU did the former that would explain alot.
    We have our LFR bbad players as everyone, but kicks are really easy to get - too much easy sometimes. I agree this keepd LFR flowing towards bosses well.

Also people leave after a couple of wipes, no matter the reason and just rejoin until they find the right group.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Usually my lfr groups don't pass 2-3 stacks even on the first week of the lfr coming out, including Garrosh. Doing this in a premade of even 1 friend can help a lot. I usually end up carrying dps or tanking depending on the role I fill.

I don't believe the nerfs make it so lfr ppl can be more lazy. Those fail lazy lfr ppl will still do the samething whether it was easier or harder in lfr. You will be surprised how telling people what to do in a few simple lines can do for you. Takes a little bit of raid leading to not fail.

ICC was the first blanket nerf I remember
    They nerfed XT the second week it came out. My guild which did clear Sarth 3D had trouble on XT the first week and to be honest I didn't think it was that hard. Just that being in a casual raiding guild we would always be carrying 20% of the raid all the time. That's when I realized for me to see the whole content I either had to switch to harder core guild or quit and I chose the latter...

Just when I thought I was out....LFR pulled me back :-)

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if it's stupidity or laziness but from some of the responses I've seen in LFR I'm not surprised that there is alot of wipes. Examples:

"You want me to move or dps"
    "Didn't know I had that spell"
    "Relax I was watching TV"
    "Healers sucks" (player was standing in fire the entire time)
    "There was no skull so I didn't dps"

done lfr 2-3 times now - got to last 2 bosses b4 i had to leave but had almost no wipes - wiped once on nazorim coz ppl forgot to kill the last set of adds and went to boss but apart from that its pretty much a straight run

Never ever had this problem in LFR actually, but then again I always try to take the lead and actually make prepulls countdowns and try to guide people :/ always max 1 wipe maybe 2-3 wipes on Garrosh. Hope you have better luck next time.

I'm wondering if OP at any point made any effort to stand up and lead the raid.

"Oh LFR scrubs never know what to do!"

...so, lead them? I find if even *one* person leads the raid, I rarely wipe in LFR.

Lol seriously???
    So now ppl will start whinnie to blizz to nerf SoO for fast kills, please learn to play and not going in SoO with 450 weapon and low gear, if ppl start think about it or start kick those have low gear and special tanks, runs will be better and not a wipe fest.

On the other hand all that is Blizzard fault, by trying to keep more ppl in the game he creates many casual players who the only think they want is a fast loot because nice item lvl is attractive, doesnt matter if they not worth it for that.