Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My suggestion is never doing LFR ever again.

Join/create flex runs. Save your sanity.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

That doesn't sound good.
    The strange thing is that I am using LFR from the day it was implemented..... and to be honest, none of my runs I would call bad.
    Yeah there are wipes but then we learn and try again.
    And the thing is, when someone steps up and leads, it usually turns to a success and it is fun to do.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know which "first boss" OP is talking about but he's obviously not talking about Immerseus. As usual, "not the whole story."

i literly just got out of LFR SoO on my alt druid and the grp just 1 shoted every boss, i think the rng gods gave me grace tonight tho easy kills but then they stabed me in the back with no loot

Deleted
    Strange so far after nerfs i dint enter in LFR group who wasnt able to clear whatever wing
    Well some died few times on bosses and lot at trash (its more hard than bosses lol) but i`m patient
    Other thing is how many enters you need when you leave at 1st wipe

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been seeing the same trend. It seems that Flex has funneled the average and better players away from LFR and left mostly the absolutely ignorant or terrible ones (ignorant meaning people who can't even be bothered to look at the dungeon journal, yet alone read raid chat).

I was intending to farm some offspec gear on one of my alts (i don't do LFR on my main specs on any char since Flex), and also got numerous wipe groups...on Immerseus, of all things. LFRs are FULL of people who are literally autohitting as DPS, keyboard turning or simply standing in the fire while browsing or whatever they are doing.

LFR has worked fairly ok-ish during MoP, but with flexible becoming the new Normal I think it's time for Blizzard to reconsider the conditions attached to LFR. I see a few possibilities.

1 - outright remove it. Not the best solution, since it's so popular still
    2 - attach higher requirements to LFR. That being, at least having SILVER Proving Grounds on that character, for example. Silver is pretty much the proof you're not an absolute moron. Ilvl requirements do NOTHING for LFR, entry should be tied to ability checks.
    3 - make LFR a tutorial experience. Before every boss, have a mandatory cutscene you cannot skip, detailing the rough basics of a fight (if you're seeing the boss for the first time). Furthermore, have an encounter "bubbled" and only pullable once at least 5-10 people agree (like on Spoils now). LFR attracts mostly the worst and most ignorant of players - tailor it to them then.

Overall, LFR needs a do-over in my opinion. While the idea is great and it was ok for most of MoP, Flex has shown what it really does - cater to and reinforce a style of gameplay that has nothing to do with raiding, social interaction or ability. I'm not against LFR, but I feel there need to be some changes in order for it to become fun and attractive again for the average or casual gamer that is better than the average LFR crowd. It shouldn't be more exclusive, but motivate to learn the game better. Right now, it just punishes people's patience and tolerance of other people's laziness

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes View Post
    Sad to see what has become of the wow raiding community I agree.
    Liars?

The OP is clearly lying.

LFR is cleared with minimum effort, it's pretty much impossible to fail now. Don't know why people feel the need to lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    first boss of wich wing? blackfuse? galakras? immersius? malkorok??

immersius is impossible too fail at.. so please say wich of the other 3 it was

and you only wipe with 13 grps because you leave the first one :> stick with it and you will kill it eventually
    Last edited by Draknalor186; 2013-11-19 at 11:54 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I've been in 13 LFR's for SoO this week, none of them got past the first boss. Most of them continuously wiped on trash, and of the three groups that did make it to the boss, they never got past the first phase. I definitely know that I'm not the only other player suffering from these failed groups, I was in a conversation with another raider who was trying to just get a 2h weapon from the boss, he was in a dozen other LFR groups that all died on first boss too, and he still hasn't gotten a chance to get his weapon. All of this time waiting to get into SoO for two hours, then waiting another hour to finally figure out that they won't ever get past the first boss before requeuing. It's really, really aggravating.

P.S: I've spent over a thousand gold on repairs, without any loot to show for it. Lesson learned: never LFR on weekends.
    And then people go on to complain about how the game is too easy. Ironic, isn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Liars?

The OP is clearly lying.

LFR is cleared with minimum effort, it's pretty much impossible to fail now. Don't know why people feel the need to lie.
    You must've never played LFR. People are really, really bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    To the people claiming OP is lying: he is not.
    I was just in an LFR Wing 1 yesterday on one of my alts, and they wiped THREE TIMES on Immerseus before the group disbanded when they realized noone would kill the boss for them. They nearly wiped on trash too.

Yes, LFR has become THAT bad in many cases. The only time to go LFR is on reset day when more raiders go to finish whatever on their alts or try for some offspec gear before a raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    And then people go on to complain about how the game is too easy. Ironic, isn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

It IS easy, it's just that LFR has enabled people not having to read up or learn anything about their class to this point we are at now. Flex is funneling away the more capable players, and this is what we are left with. The trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Do them a couple of times a week to gear some alts up. Never have any issues and I normally do them late in the week.

There was issues the first few weeks as the fights were new and not nerfed.

Ever since Garrosh was released in LFR, almost every single boss is a 1 shot, and yes the groups are utter crap with terrible dps, but the bosses are so nerfed and easy, it doesn't matter. When I tank on my DK, I'm normally top healer and he is only like ilvl 510.

I call bullshit to this thread, I would of believed it when LFR was first released for SoO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes View Post
    Sad to see what has become of the wow raiding community I agree.
    Wow raiding community is still going strong, just not in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Do them a couple of times a week to gear some alts up. Never have any issues and I normally do them late in the week.

There was issues the first few weeks as the fights were new and not nerfed.

Ever since Garrosh was released in LFR, almost every single boss is a 1 shot, and yes the groups are utter crap with terrible dps, but the bosses are so nerfed and easy, it doesn't matter. When I tank on my DK, I'm normally top healer and he is only like ilvl 510.

I call bullshit to this thread, I would of believed it when LFR was first released for SoO.
    It may have to do with the times you are going, and the realmpool you are on.
    We have some Italian realms on our and good god let me tell you about those Italians....

Looking at the OPs armory he's completed quite a bit of LFR SOO this week. Should put some gems in his gear too.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Is there not a problem when content cannot be cleared by those it was designed for? Only when those above it come in and help?

Can the bar even be lowered any more? Is it possible to nerf LFR another inch without actually upsetting some for lack of difficulty?

How do people sit behind their computer and have absolutely no idea whats going on or what they're doing.?

- - - Updated - - -

Instead of having them learn the fights, Blizzard brought the bar down. So they went even lower. The bar cannot get any lower at this point.

It has been on this trajectory since...probably Wrath? ICC was the first blanket nerf I remember. Cata had a lot of Nefarian nerfs, FL was nerfed and DS followed ICC, but the real issue is each tier LFR keeps getting worse and worse.
    In LFR if you do not attack Nazgrim in Def stance with the nerfs he gains 0 rage other than banners. If you DO attack in DEF stance he gains the EXACT same amount of rage as in Battle stance. 1 rage per sec maximum in def stance. 1 rage per second in battle stance. There is no penalty for attacking in def stance in LFR. That is the sad fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    98% of people in LFR refuse to learn the fight or learn their class
    holy hyperbole batman, a LFR bashing thread!

i'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit on 98%, because your statistics smell after you pulled them out your ass...

and OP just had bad luck, i've cleared it successfully nearly every week, i think i've had maybe 6 wipes in the whole of SoO since release, and 3 of those on garrosh and spoils IIRC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    In LFR if you do not attack Nazgrim in Def stance with the nerfs he gains 0 rage other than banners. If you DO attack in DEF stance he gains the EXACT same amount of rage as in Battle stance. 1 rage per sec maximum in def stance. 1 rage per second in battle stance. There is no penalty for attacking in def stance in LFR. That is the sad fact.
    Yup, which they did after LFR groups couldn't down him under 6-7 wipes minimum. Similar with Shamans blanket nerf. It's pathetic.
    Why can't Blizzard see that making LFR dumber and dumber and dumber only makes the attracted audience dumber and dumber? Not enforcing any kind of learning curve or actual knowledge of the game is the opposite of what LFR should do, imo. It should TEACH people, not enable them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's so unusual, though. Just a bad week. I've been in plenty of LFR's that made it through all the bosses just fine.

Frustrating, though!
    You are certainly the exception then, over the last couple weeks I tried to get sections 3 and 4 of Soo on my priest and after sitting in a queue each time for upwards of an hour, the group failed to kill any of the bosses I needed (one group did manage to kill spoils after an hour of trying, a second group was on spoils for going on 2 hours before I dropped, one group had 4 stacks on Malkarok, and the best one was where I joined a group in progress going to Paragons (the boss I need in that wing) and never made it through the trash)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    It IS easy, it's just that LFR has enabled people not having to read up or learn anything about their class to this point we are at now. Flex is funneling away the more capable players, and this is what we are left with. The trash.
    Everyone always assumes people are trying and failing to accomplish what they set out to do. The reason we see so much 'failure' is because they aren't trying to succeed at all. Their only goal is to afk their way through the encounters without being caught and kicked for being afk. Toward the end of the raid reset you will be much more likely to end up in a group where so many are wanting to be carried through in this way that it ends up being extremly hard for those not slacking off to carry their weight.

You can make the raid as easy as you like, but if people aren't even attempting to contribute toward the groups effort then the level of difficulty will have 0 impact on their performance level relative to the encounter, because they aren't having any impact.

What infuriates me isn't that people do that, because I expect that from people, but rather that people will actively complain when people point this out and ask that they be kicked from the raid. You then have the tanks that won't stop pulling for 30 seconds so people can vote to kick. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see these people complaining about people in LFR being crap, yet when the tools to deal with them are present, they prevent others from using them.

The tools are there to both identify those being very much carried (and I mean that in the strictest sense, not the elitist sense) by doing <30k dps with <50% activity through an entire raid through recount or skada, and to also remove them from the raid. The actual reason LFR is like that isn't because of these slackers because they don't stop themselves from being kicked, but rather the reason LFR is in this state is because of the active raiders that won't deal with the problem, or prevent others from dealing with it.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-11-19 at 12:18 PM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    Everyone always assumes people are trying and failing to accomplish what they set out to do. The reason we see so much 'failure' is because they aren't trying to succeed at all. Their only goal is to afk their way through the encounters without being caught for being afk. Toward the end of the raid reset you will be much more likely to end up in a group where so many are wanting to be carried through in this way that it ends up being extremly hard for those not slacking off to carry their weight.

You can make the raid as easy as you like, but if people aren't even attempting to contribute toward the groups effort then the level of difficulty will have 0 impact on their performance level relative to the encounter, because they aren't having any impact.
    Yes and that's the other side of it. There's the people too bad or new to the game to actually perform, and then there's the large silent group of people that just hop on LFR and /afk. Another type of behaviour that dumbing LFR down further and attaching no ability checks to it reinforces.
    I'm personally staying away from LFR even more than beforehand now. I am only going to Flex.