Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Part of the issue is that LFR itself is a snake eating its own tail: It has the perception of being faceroll easy, so people go and figure they don't have to really try at all because it's just LFR, so they do a half-assed attempt and likely wipe, which causes people to rage because they are wiping on "faceroll easy" content. I wholeheartedly think the issue is people that are lazy and figure they can just put in a minimal attempt because of LFR, and when you have an entire group that does this (more common than you think) it turns out that it's *not* faceroll easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    They have nerfed LFR so much that instead of becoming easy, the players have reached critical badness.

But seriously, 98% of people in LFR refuse to learn the fight or learn their class. about 1/4 refuse to actually contribute and another 1/4 try a bit but still are slacking.
    But, LFR is so great and allows casuals to see the content!

i hate lfr but n my server we have finished wing 4 of SoO weekly with little or no problem but it kills me to see people QQing about this still i think all you Elite Mode raiders should form a lfr just for you guys and then youll nvr have to worry about a newb,noob or nub getting mixed in with you pro's

10+ Year Old Account
    How can anygroup wipe on Immerseus 13 times on LFR, with the increasing buff from each wipe?

It's Immerseus, the easiest starting boss of any tier on this expansion :/

On the other side of the spectrum though, i am yet to join a group on LFR that has been able to kill Garrosh...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Part of the issue is that LFR itself is a snake eating its own tail: It has the perception of being faceroll easy, so people go and figure they don't have to really try at all because it's just LFR, so they do a half-assed attempt and likely wipe, which causes people to rage because they are wiping on "faceroll easy" content. I wholeheartedly think the issue is people that are lazy and figure they can just put in a minimal attempt because of LFR, and when you have an entire group that does this (more common than you think) it turns out that it's *not* faceroll easy.
    Yes but Blizzard's stance of nerfing it further to enable more bads to do it without being kicked just reinforces that. It's the reason it's gotten so bad to begin with.

Tbh, it's EXACTLY what the LFR-critical crowd was always afraid of. And I was always a staunch defender of LFR, to this day. But it's clear to me now, especially in comparison with even bad Flex pugs, how LFR is failing.

There have to be some kind of requirements for LFR tied to ability, there has to be some form of mandatory introduction to raiding or the instance in general. The way it has been isn't helping anyone. Yes, numbers for LFR are high - obviously. However, actual raiders either don't care or complain about the bad players. Bad players either don't get why they are bad or just hope to get carried. Hardly any of them will actually become better and enter other raiding difficulties consistently. It is becoming it's own little slum of bad players wiping each other and flaming or being afk, it's like a dystopian horror vision of what raiding could turn into (and has, in LFR).

13x2hr ques means you wasted aday and change for what try flex

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Sometimes you can have bad times. I remember a thirty boss in a row gold streak once.
    Considered he said 16 in post, and 13 in headline, i'm considering the option that he's exaggerating from 2-4.

Would also help to know which wing he talks about, since none of the trash is harder than you can slowly bruteforce it down.

That being said, weekends are a terrible time for lfr/dungeons.

Edit:
    Wing 1 is faceroll all the way
    Wing 2 can suck, due to it requiring personal responsibility from first boss(going in towers) from both a healer and a tank.
    Wing 3 is faceroll except thok to some degree.
    Wing 4 have 1 and 3rd boss being somewhat difficult.
    Last edited by Terridon; 2013-11-19 at 12:27 PM.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I cannot belive that
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Considered he said 16 in post, and 13 in headline, i'm considering the option that he's exaggerating from 2-4.

Would also help to know which wing he talks about, since none of the trash is harder than you can slowly bruteforce it down.

That being said, weekends are a terrible time for lfr/dungeons.

Edit:
    Wing 1 is faceroll all the way
    Wing 2 can suck, due to it requiring personal responsibility from first boss(going in towers) from both a healer and a tank.
    Wing 3 is faceroll except thok to some degree.
    Wing 4 have 1 and 3rd boss being somewhat difficult.
    Every wing feels like Heroic Lich King when 90% of the raid stands in everything, doesn't move, and is either auto-hitting or dying quickly to do something else and hopefully get loot.

I could literally bind every(non-cooldown) ability on one key, and spam only that key in full 496 gear and still beat the dps req of LFR.

LFR people are afkers, alt tabbers and the extremely bad/challenged.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archypew View Post
    its all a matter of luck.
    when downfall opened on lfr i went there to take a look on how lfr was doing and the group killed garrosh on 1st try.
    it felt so good that i never did lfr again

That wasnt luck lol. People that do normal, if they havent got to those bosses, will do LFR for some extra pieces and see the boss fights when they open....

Just try to go there now and see if they do it at 1st try

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, this *is* Immerseus we're talking about?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

13 groups? I don't buy it. I've been in plenty of brain dead groups with 60% morons, and it's still fairly easy to get the bosses down. (with the exception of a few in wing 3/4)

Deleted
    Actually, last week I did Garrosh LFR on my healing Shammy for the lulz and entered a group with 10 determination stacks and no tanks on enter.

So I wouldn't outright call it unrealistic that some totally failure group(s) on weekend might not even make it past simple encounters.

The funny thing is that all of the people writing here actually think they are good =D
    I have also wiped on trash and i admit i was just not healing lol but still a lot of factors can be played in the groups and i am sorry but i am too naive to believe that you literally wiped on all 13 and none got passed the first boss. why? well either you did not join another group and kept trying 13 times with slackers or you also cause the wipes.

I refuse to believe this.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiekaboe View Post
    The funny thing is that all of the people writing here actually think they are good =D
    I have also wiped on trash and i admit i was just not healing lol but still a lot of factors can be played in the groups and i am sorry but i am too naive to believe that you literally wiped on all 13 and none got passed the first boss. why? well either you did not join another group and kept trying 13 times with slackers or you also cause the wipes.
    I'm a normal/semi-heroic raider and raidleader (we just do a couple of heroic bosses at the end of each tier normally, we're very casual). I've raided every single tier since release of the game except T5, and yeah, I know what i'm talking about. Normally even when i'm taking one of my undergeared alts i'm making up 15-20% of raid dps in LFR...that's with 16 other DPS mind you. But that's just gear. The fact of the matter is that I can tell you that what OP is talking of happens.. A LOT. I personally experienced it the few times I went LFR on my alt, and I've heard it from many guildies that do more LFR since they don't raid. Also, I never leave an LFR unless it's clear the group isn't filling up anymore, which also happens quite a lot these days. So please spare us your blanket arm chair judgements that don't add anything.

Deleted
    Do LFR the beginning of the reset instead of the end and you'll have a lot higher success-rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's so unusual, though. Just a bad week.
    Keep telling yourself that.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"