Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I've been in 13 LFR's for SoO this week, none of them got past the first boss. Most of them continuously wiped on trash, and of the three groups that did make it to the boss, they never got past the first phase. I definitely know that I'm not the only other player suffering from these failed groups, I was in a conversation with another raider who was trying to just get a 2h weapon from the boss, he was in a dozen other LFR groups that all died on first boss too, and he still hasn't gotten a chance to get his weapon. All of this time waiting to get into SoO for two hours, then waiting another hour to finally figure out that they won't ever get past the first boss before requeuing. It's really, really aggravating.

P.S: I've spent over a thousand gold on repairs, without any loot to show for it. Lesson learned: never LFR on weekends.
    Statistically speaking, maybe it's you?

JK (sort of).

That sucks bro. All I can suggest is to get that shit outta the way on Tuesday/Wednesday if you can. If you wait until Sunday/Monday to get your LFR in, you're gonna have a bad time.

Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    The emphasis REALLY needs to be put back on the 5 mans heroics imo, with LFR really only existing as a tourist mode as they intended it to be, and the gear on offer the same ilvl as the heroics, even after newer raids are released.

I would rather wipe a couple of times on 5 man content where a DPS isnt pulling there weight, or a healer isnt up to par compared to LFR where the majority of the playerbase can hurpderp thru an encounter without learning up on it.

With 5 man content coming back to funnel these bad players into, players who do indeed want to raid and be a cohesive group can do so in normal mode or the equivilient in WoD
    Oh it would be glorious if they would refocus on 5man content, I might actually have a reason to stay logged in beyond killing the 2 Zul bosses for my mount farming.

But no - its freaking scenarios they focus on. Hate on LFR all you want, but scenarios are the worst multiplayer content ever in this game. Instanced dungeon trash pulls! YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I've been in 13 LFR's for SoO this week, none of them got past the first boss. Most of them continuously wiped on trash, and of the three groups that did make it to the boss, they never got past the first phase.
    So you were in 13 consecutive LFR's, 10 of which died to trash prior to the first boss.

Sorry, I don't buy this for a single minute.

I don't believe this at all. I only run LFR on weekends myself. The first time I did Immerseus as a new tank to the instance we 1-shot him when the other tank went down (and I didn't even know what was going on having only read the encounter and not receiving any tips from the group).

Over the weekend I ran gates 3 & 4 early Sat morning and 1-shot all bosses (I will admit to having a great tanking partner and there were quite a few deaths, especially on Paragons, but we still pulled through).

I have not gone past 3 stacks of determination (against Amalgam my first time in).

I highly doubt this is true. The worst I have had in LFR in SoO was first week of Wing 2...

SO MANY WIPES!!!

*flashbacks*

Even then though the highest that we got was 5 or 6...

Yes the DPS was that bad...and didn't understand what a Tower was...after the 4th or 5th time explaining it in baby mode.

After some careful deliberation based on my own experience, the communicated experience of others, and a basic understanding of the difficulty of LFR, I believe the OP's scenario would have happened something like this:

10 out of 13 Runs:

OP in huge rush, continuously rushes the group and the tanks. Gets overly impatient and pulls trash before tanks, tanks let him die then pick up the trash and clear it out. OP gets pissed off and leaves group (or gets kicked).

3 out of 13 Runs:

Finally decides to wait for the tanks to pull. Talks trash about the pace and how much of a hurry he's in, group is buffing before boss, OP pulls boss and dies and/or just gets kicked for being an impatient asshole.

Could be wrong, but these seem like more logical scenarios than 13/13 runs being everyone's fault except for the OP. Those numbers just don't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    After some careful deliberation based on my own experience, the communicated experience of others, and a basic understanding of the difficulty of LFR, I believe the OP's scenario would have happened something like this:

10 out of 13 Runs:

OP in huge rush, continuously rushes the group and the tanks. Gets overly impatient and pulls trash before tanks, tanks let him die then pick up the trash and clear it out. OP gets pissed off and leaves group (or gets kicked).

3 out of 13 Runs:

Finally decides to wait for the tanks to pull. Talks trash about the pace and how much of a hurry he's in, group is buffing before boss, OP pulls boss and dies and/or just gets kicked for being an impatient asshole.

Could be wrong, but these seem like more logical scenarios than 13/13 runs being everyone's fault except for the OP. Those numbers just don't add up.
    Hey! He could have been a hunter tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post

10 out of 13 Runs:

3 out of 13 Runs:

Very likely, that still doesn't change the fact I've seen runs that were that bad, and quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    I'm a normal/semi-heroic raider and raidleader (we just do a couple of heroic bosses at the end of each tier normally, we're very casual). I've raided every single tier since release of the game except T5, and yeah, I know what i'm talking about. Normally even when i'm taking one of my undergeared alts i'm making up 15-20% of raid dps in LFR...that's with 16 other DPS mind you. But that's just gear. The fact of the matter is that I can tell you that what OP is talking of happens.. A LOT. I personally experienced it the few times I went LFR on my alt, and I've heard it from many guildies that do more LFR since they don't raid. Also, I never leave an LFR unless it's clear the group isn't filling up anymore, which also happens quite a lot these days. So please spare us your blanket arm chair judgements that don't add anything.
    If this also happens to you with your so called 15-20% raid dps on bosses because your o so awesome then i do not think your that good :/ you guys spout bull like it is the underwear you change , over and over bull.

your the best man always in every lfr keep it up troll =)

Deleted
    I never had any complaints about LFR groups untill I started doing Raidfinder on my Alliance toons aswell.

Dear god :S 4/5 wipes on every Boss in SoO and even in ToT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's so unusual, though. Just a bad week. I've been in plenty of LFR's that made it through all the bosses just fine.

Frustrating, though!
    Yeah.

I will agree that weekend groups tend to be a little rough. Most people knock it out Tuesday or Wednesday, and by the weekend it's really mostly alts and fresh 90's, and things are a little rougher than they are on Tuesday with all the heroic-geared valor grinders. But I've always managed to get the bosses down, in fact my first LFR Nazgrim and Garrosh were on a Sunday, so weekend groups are not impossible.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    what amazes me is how some people can pull 200k+ dps but then fail at mechanics... a rogue at sha of fear boss died while doing like 226k dps ... I have no idea how he managed to get himself killed ... he just nuked the boss... didn't even go to kill the little sha's
    That's how he gets 200k+ DPS on that fight. I know exactly how he got himself killed. He didn't stand in front of the boss during Breath of Fear. He just parked behind it so that he could get his crits. That's why DPS alone is a terrible measure of how well someone is doing the fight. Unfortunately, that's the first thing everyone looks at when deciding who is "worthy" of being in the raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    That's how he gets 200k+ DPS on that fight. I know exactly how he got himself killed. He didn't stand in front of the boss during Breath of Fear. He just parked behind it so that he could get his crits. That's why DPS alone is a terrible measure of how well someone is doing the fight. Unfortunately, that's the first thing everyone looks at when deciding who is "worthy" of being in the raid.
    Yep. You see it on Horridon, too. Usually some mage/huntard bragging about how they're "carrying all u scrubs lol" and then when you look, their damage is 100% on Horridon and they never touched the adds.

DPS numbers are not everything, not by a country mile, but try telling all these Catababies that.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

That's how he gets 200k+ DPS on that fight. I know exactly how he got himself killed. He didn't stand in front of the boss during Breath of Fear. He just parked behind it so that he could get his crits.
    To be fair, rogues do have damage mitigation cooldowns that would prevent death there. Cloak neutralizes breath entirely, and I think feint will reduce the damage. And running to the front for the breath is not a HUGE dps loss, since the rogue can keep striking the boss the entire time while running (and shadowstep back again afterwards.)
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

To the people claiming OP is lying: he is not.
    I was just in an LFR Wing 1 yesterday on one of my alts, and they wiped THREE TIMES on Immerseus before the group disbanded when they realized noone would kill the boss for them. They nearly wiped on trash too.
    Did anyone bother to mention that everyone should stay clear of the tank, that DPS should kill as many black puddles on the split, and that healers should heal as many blue puddles as possible on the split? I seriously doubt it. That's all it takes to win that fight but you would rather drop group than take the 20 seconds to type that out in raid chat.
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Part of the issue is that LFR itself is a snake eating its own tail: It has the perception of being faceroll easy, so people go and figure they don't have to really try at all because it's just LFR, so they do a half-assed attempt and likely wipe, which causes people to rage because they are wiping on "faceroll easy" content. I wholeheartedly think the issue is people that are lazy and figure they can just put in a minimal attempt because of LFR, and when you have an entire group that does this (more common than you think) it turns out that it's *not* faceroll easy.
    exactly!

It's one of the stigma's of WoW. People, for some reason, feel that if they have to act or think a certain way with a particular aspect of WoW. Like Trade chat, Barrens chat or claiming any chat is just like barrens chat, Raiding, Casually playing, Play on a PvP server, Playing ally, Playing horde, claiming to have played in classic then having an outlandish story to match.

'tis silly really

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    To be fair, rogues do have damage mitigation cooldowns that would prevent death there. Cloak neutralizes breath entirely, and I think feint will reduce the damage. And running to the front for the breath is not a HUGE dps loss, since the rogue can keep striking the boss the entire time while running (and shadowstep back again afterwards.)
    Healing can get intense on that phase, especially if a couple of healers are DPSing or are just not pulling their weight. When healers are going all out with their AoEs to keep all the people who are stacking alive they can't spare any time to heal the one idiot who refuses to stack. So maybe mitigation will prevent instant death, but death will come nonetheless. My point was not so much that his high DPS on that particular fight was due to parking behind the boss. I'm saying that in general players like him achieve high DPS by ignoring all mechanics and tunnelling on the boss. I've seen plenty of players achieve good DPS while adhering to mechanics. DPS is a measure of how well you play, but my point was that it's not the only measure.

To the people claiming OP is lying: he is not.
    I was just in an LFR Wing 1 yesterday on one of my alts, and they wiped THREE TIMES on Immerseus before the group disbanded when they realized noone would kill the boss for them. They nearly wiped on trash too.
    Three wipes on one boss in one LFR isn't that surprising.

Suggesting that happened in 13 consecutive and separate LFR's in a row is a bit outlandish and leads one to believe that the OP was causing those issues or exaggerting his story.

I feel like a lot of the wipes are because people simply aren't trying. They participate just enough to avoid getting kicked while they're doing other stuff.
    Some people want the gear but they don't want to play the game. Doesn't make much sense to me though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiekaboe View Post
    If this also happens to you with your so called 15-20% raid dps on bosses because your o so awesome then i do not think your that good :/ you guys spout bull like it is the underwear you change , over and over bull.

your the best man always in every lfr keep it up troll =)
    Not gonna flame back, since ur obviously baiting for infractions. You're welcome to contact me ingame anytime to compare epeens, Kadghar on Chamber of Aspects. The point of my post was not "how awesome" I am, i'm an average normal/heroic raider. My point was how BAD LFR players are, and adressing the rest of your blanket statements.

- - - Updated - - -

Did anyone bother to mention that everyone should stay clear of the tank, that DPS should kill as many black puddles on the split, and that healers should heal as many blue puddles as possible on the split? I seriously doubt it. That's all it takes to win that fight but you would rather drop group than take the 20 seconds to type that out in raid chat.
    Yes, tactics were and are explained over and over. Back in 5.0 and 5.2 I still used to sign as leader and make macros to explain fights quickly via /rw, most of the time it's a waste of effort which is i stopped. You get people trolling by making up BS tactics on the spot that will lead to a wipe, and a majority just afks.