Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Is there not a problem when content cannot be cleared by those it was designed for? Only when those above it come in and help?

Can the bar even be lowered any more? Is it possible to nerf LFR another inch without actually upsetting some for lack of difficulty?

How do people sit behind their computer and have absolutely no idea whats going on or what they're doing.?

- - - Updated - - -

Instead of having them learn the fights, Blizzard brought the bar down. So they went even lower. The bar cannot get any lower at this point.

It has been on this trajectory since...probably Wrath? ICC was the first blanket nerf I remember. Cata had a lot of Nefarian nerfs, FL was nerfed and DS followed ICC, but the real issue is each tier LFR keeps getting worse and worse.
    Dont forget that LFR has only existed since DS in Cata. Before that, yes they have nerfed bosses when they have been out for a while (and earlier if they discovered something unintended). Giving the hard core a chance to do it before nerfs then making it easier for others is a good move in my books. As far as LFR goes though, I do not agree that it has got easier and easier. Some of the SoO fights are way harder than any LFR fights in DS for example. I think one of the "problems" with LFR lately however is that a lot of people that didnt feel up to normal mode, but could handle more than LFR have moved to Flex and no longer run LFR. This means that some of the better players that used to run them no longer do. Having said that, some of the worst players I have seen in LFRs are very well geared normal raid players who literally stand in fire and auto attack. The problem is that with their gear they still do fairly decent (or at least not really BAD) dps so they are often missed. Lately I've seen more ravagers spawn on Nazgrim due to people just standing in shockwave than I've seen by them attacking in defensive mode. Its almost comical.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    If one of your groups fail, they're the failures.

If all your groups fail, maybe you're the failure.
    Err I'm sorry but can someone translate this? I don't understand if the entire group failed / wiped that person is also failure.

Become good enough to carry the entire group (easily possible as a healer).

I normally do my LFR runs on Thursday, and have yet to run into this severe of a problem. Now, I'm not denying it happened, but this is far from the norm.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I've been in 13 LFR's for SoO this week, none of them got past the first boss. Most of them continuously wiped on trash, and of the three groups that did make it to the boss, they never got past the first phase. I definitely know that I'm not the only other player suffering from these failed groups, I was in a conversation with another raider who was trying to just get a 2h weapon from the boss, he was in a dozen other LFR groups that all died on first boss too, and he still hasn't gotten a chance to get his weapon. All of this time waiting to get into SoO for two hours, then waiting another hour to finally figure out that they won't ever get past the first boss before requeuing. It's really, really aggravating.

P.S: I've spent over a thousand gold on repairs, without any loot to show for it. Lesson learned: never LFR on weekends.
    Sadly, the only positive advice I can give you is: install oQueue, play around on Timeless Isle until your ilvl is at least 510, get hit capped, and never go back to LFR. And you will be happier for it.

Since 5.4, more than ever, LFR players have become the true bottom of the barrel. They're the people too {inexperienced, uncreative, drunk, high, trollish, stupid, utterly bad} to find better things to do with themselves than LFR, including log off, put a traffic cone on their head and go drool in the corner for a couple hours. The remaining 20% have legitimate reasons to be there, but they're drowning in the Sea of Derp, so you'll barely notice them unless you spend a lot of time analyzing Skada/Recount.

As a great example, I had to take my alt back to ToT for the Heart of the Thunder King tonight. I got to tank all the Iron Qon trash at once. I mean all. Including the crap from the side rooms. The DPS were too filled with derp to quit derping into things, including things down side passages. They couldn't do something simple like follow a tank. No, no, these primo baddies went exploring. Oh yeah, did I mention I was in my tamer's helm? I had no time to change before the first derp came running down the stairs derping something like WLAAAAAUUUUU EYEM MAEDED FRIENDZORS U HLAP TANK NAO K. Then he, she, or they -- the way they were played makes me think it was somebody's cat -- stood around autoattacking. I was third in damage in my tamer's helmet. No one below #6 broke 50k, even AOEing 50 mobs at once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    If one of your groups fail, they're the failures.

If all your groups fail, maybe you're the failure.
    If you're a tank or a DPS, it's very easy for LFR to fail epically on any of the first few bosses through no fault of your own. All you need is six healers who don't know when/how to dispel.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeTwelve View Post
    Rolled into SoO LFR, did the first two wings. One-shotted everything except Galakras and Nazgrim, both of which were two-shotted. One guy was discovered AFK and promptly booted. Everyone was polite enough. Pretty sure most of the forum baww around here is sour grapes from dipshit hardcores.
    Maybe there is an alternate universe. Maybe it's a special hell reserved for people who want it to be so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Why fantastic?
    If we look at it overall, it seems that more and more people are leaving Trashcan mode for Flex and Normal, showing that there is no need for LFR so that it might be removed one day. I hope people will adapt to the flexible sizes of Normal and Heroic coming WoD so that no true WoW player has to enter the trashcan in order to get loot.
    One can only dream and hope.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    As a great example, I had to take my alt back to ToT for the Heart of the Thunder King tonight. I got to tank all the Iron Qon trash at once. I mean all. Including the crap from the side rooms. The DPS were too filled with derp to quit derping into things, including things down side passages. They couldn't do something simple like follow a tank. No, no, these primo baddies went exploring. Oh yeah, did I mention I was in my tamer's helm? I had no time to change before the first derp came running down the stairs derping something like WLAAAAAUUUUU EYEM MAEDED FRIENDZORS U HLAP TANK NAO K. Then he, she, or they -- the way they were played makes me think it was somebody's cat -- stood around autoattacking. I was third in damage in my tamer's helmet. No one below #6 broke 50k, even AOEing 50 mobs at once.
    These stories always have a ring of incompleteness to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Err I'm sorry but can someone translate this? I don't understand if the entire group failed / wiped that person is also failure.
    You know, maybe he's a tank.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    They have nerfed LFR so much that instead of becoming easy, the players have reached critical badness.

But seriously, 98% of people in LFR refuse to learn the fight or learn their class. about 1/4 refuse to actually contribute and another 1/4 try a bit but still are slacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes View Post
    Sad to see what has become of the wow raiding community I agree.
    This. Thread answered but... While I do agree with Giscoicus I must say that LFR nowadays is such a snoozefest that made people just want free epics for doing nothing. Sad but true, OP if you want abit more brains then why not try flex/normal or heroic raids? Unless you have no gear and/or time and dedication for these then you might as well be stuck there or spend the rest of the expansion spamming the fuck out of LOLFREEEPICS isle hunting rares down.

Maybe it's because he's not doing his part so he gets a sudden realization after failing 13 groups that he's bad? Could be...

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't think LFR can exist.

It's admirable to try to make something fun and cool like raid content available to everyone. But what makes it fun and cool is the fact that it's raid content. The mechanics, the visuals, the challenge-- it's all part of it. The primary audience for LFR just has no place in that environment.

Sure, I feel bad removing LFR from the thousands of people who can't do raid schedules, have inconsistent lives, and are definitely capable of even more difficult content than LFR. Maybe there's something that can be done for them.

I'd just replace it with a spectator mode, honestly. Then a faction that you gain by doing the spectator mode and associated dungeons/scenarios, and some other ways of gaining rep. Reach revered/exalted with the faction (i.e. Pandaren Redeemers, spectating each SoO boss would get you to revered, then some other stuff can grind you to Exalted). All SoO loot can be purchased at LFR item level after reaching the reputation.

In spectator mode, NPCs do everything, tank, heal, and kill the boss before enrage. Everyone could /dance or help speed it up, doesn't matter.

Or just remove it entirely and admit that not everyone who buys a game can get to the last level. I'm the only person I know who was able to beat Omikron: the Nomad Soul, of all my friends. They didn't write Quantic Dream and demand an easier version. I'm one of a couple people I know who beat the original NES Zelda. I never did beat Metroid, I didn't cry for an ezmode.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    My suggestion is never doing LFR ever again.

Join/create flex runs. Save your sanity.
    They can't because they need 560 ilvl and heroic achievements. /sarcasm

And that's pretty much why LFR should be removed, breeds these terrible "Raiders" that quite frankly don't deserve to see the content.

Translation: The one thing all those failing groups have in common, is you.

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Currently not subscribed, but in ToT LFR and the tier before that LFR threads usually wind down after said 2 month period, but to actually read that SoO LFR is getting worse by the week is, both fantastic and just sad.

Why sad?
    Because it shows part of what has become of the WoW community and to see players only decrease in skill after an entire xpac for LFR is just laughable and sad.
    Why fantastic?
    If we look at it overall, it seems that more and more people are leaving Trashcan mode for Flex and Normal, showing that there is no need for LFR so that it might be removed one day. I hope people will adapt to the flexible sizes of Normal and Heroic coming WoD so that no true WoW player has to enter the trashcan in order to get loot.

And about the weekend thing, it's the time of the week that the "people with a life" have "spare time" and can finally defile WoW once again. Just go after reset, it is the best time.
    As soon as they add the new LFG tool in WoD and connected realms is finished this will happen. 90% of the subscribers are not even aware of openraid or oqueue. They only look on their own server atm which makes it a lot harder to get a flex raid going so they simply stick to LFR.
    The more accessible flex becomes the more people will use it and the less people will use LFR.

They also said they wanted to make LFR a "tourist" mode. Don't know more about that but I am pretty sure they finally realized that fixed groups work better than putting randoms together automatically. They are also going to give us bonus valor when we join dungeons with premade groups (they want us to play with friends and find new friends).

10+ Year Old Account
    Status update: Facerolled Wing 1 of SoO for my last Runestone. Someone AFK died to Immerseus, we one tank and 3 healed it since the first tank pulled and dropped. Insane deeps though, 8 over 220K and the tank and disc were even at 110ish dps.

Okay...last night was in a SoO wing one. Got dropped in at Protectors...2 stacks of determination. Whatever...it's LFR. So I explain the fight before pulling...literally had all three Desperate Measures phases go off at once (okay like a few seconds delay...but still). I grab the Misery and kite around the outside of the circle...we get through it fine enough. Reexplain during the fight to NOT do that. Second desperate measure phase comes around and I was proud of them. Only had He and Rook's go off at the same time. We get to the end of the fight and of course they could not grasp the whole kill them at the same time thing and we wipe. Whatever...again LFR some people's first time blah blah blah. Reexplain the fight blah blah blah...eventually after 5 stacks the DPS learn how not to tunnel vision.

On Norushen...my OT left and we got a new one. I explain the fight...emphasizing to A) Kill Adds B) Pick Up Adds and C) Tank Swap. Did not know this at the pull...but my OT was a Holy Pally...

WHAT?!!!

Anyway long story short...DPS didn't nuke adds...OT didn't pick up adds so I had to pick up adds. I had 25 stacks of Self Doubt (which to be fair my healers were f'ning amazing) and at 10% I got to do a trial and everyone else wiped.

And people wonder why tanks are vanishing from LFR.

Edit: Oh and the icing on the cake. I never got the ONE Secrets I wanted. I kinda stopped after Noru since you know...that whole process took like 2 hours.
    Last edited by Sleepy Time Gamer; 2013-11-20 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Time Gamer View Post
    Okay...last night was in a SoO wing one. Got dropped in at Protectors...2 stacks of determination. Whatever...it's LFR. So I explain the fight before pulling...literally had all three Desperate Measures phases go off at once (okay like a few seconds delay...but still). I grab the Misery and kite around the outside of the circle...we get through it fine enough. Reexplain during the fight to NOT do that. Second desperate measure phase comes around and I was proud of them. Only had He and Rook's go off at the same time. We get to the end of the fight and of course they could not grasp the whole kill them at the same time thing and we wipe. Whatever...again LFR some people's first time blah blah blah. Reexplain the fight blah blah blah...eventually after 5 stacks the DPS learn how not to tunnel vision.

On Norushen...my OT left and we got a new one. I explain the fight...emphasizing to A) Kill Adds B) Pick Up Adds and C) Tank Swap. Did not know this at the pull...but my OT was a Holy Pally...

WHAT?!!!

Anyway long story short...DPS didn't nuke adds...OT didn't pick up adds so I had to pick up adds. I had 25 stacks of Self Doubt (which to be fair my healers were f'ning amazing) and at 10% I got to do a trial and everyone else wiped.

And people wonder why tanks are vanishing from LFR.

Edit: Oh and the icing on the cake. I never got the ONE Secrets I wanted. I kinda stopped after Noru since you know...that whole process took like 2 hours.
    Sounds like an average LFR to me. The groups that rush through without a wipe and have raidgeared people are the rarity, this case is more common.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Pretty much every comment Blizzard has ever made regarding the subject, along with every statistic you can glean from external sources.
    So, no link? Mkay.

I'm pretty sure "every comment Blizzard has ever made" regarding this subject does not repeat a "5-10x" figure. I'd be happy to see a link to even a single comment they've made to that effect. Because, of course, you're not making this up, right?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    I don't have time to do LFR except on the weekends. Sometimes monday even. I've never killed spoils on LFR. I tend to rage quit after a few hours and 6 stacks or so.
    Spoils is one of the easiest fights there is. I have trouble believing you're stuck on that. In my experience Malkorok is the bottleneck for that wing.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13