Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i was in an lfr today, the trash right before blackfuse and the group wiped continuously 6 times. the first time was just a fail, the second was a lock tried to get everyone to skip the trash, third, fourth, and fifth were all due to dps pulling while waiting for a 2nd tank. sixth was a fail for whatever reason. finally we killed the trash on the seventh attempt. i guess lfr might need determination for trash too...

Deleted
    Well, there is a lot of hate against LFR and those who do it in this thread and I don't really understand why. I mean, some are bad, but from my experience it isn't half as bad as some here says it is. As long as you are nice and understanding it usually goes good. And to be honest I have never ever been in a group where a person who has been giving out tacts, has gotten kicked. In the beginning when SoO just got released for LFR, I read up on the tacts and went through them before we started the bosses. It worked really good. You just have to be nice. If someone runs away when they should stack, just whisper them and tell them what they should have done instead with a in the end to show that you're actually trying to help. It's not that difficult. I know I had some trouble when I started doing LFR, and I can relate, perhaps not everyone remembers/had those problems and understand, but still, be nice. It helps.

I am not saying there are no slackers and people who just won't learn in LFR. They exist. Just not as many as people here seem to think there are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    Yeah. It won't get removed, just pushed into the background in favour of Flex+ social raiding. Judging by dev comments at Blizzcon.
    I know you guys heard the words "tourist mode" and immediately spun this bizarre elaborate fantasy about the devs exiling all the casuals and letting you be snowflakes again, but let's be serious.

1) LFR isn't going away.

2) LFR will continue to award some kind of loot.

3) The developers remain more than happy to throw epic items at everything. Crafting, random battlegrounds, whatever. Hardcores have been whining "but epics should be epic" since like 2007 and Blizzard has never given even one little hint that they give a shit.

Ergo, there will still be noobs getting epics in LFR and hardcores will still be mad about it.

Deleted
    They should put Nazgrim-level bosses as the first boss to every LFR wing. Force players to get better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeTwelve View Post
    I know you guys heard the words "tourist mode" and immediately spun this bizarre elaborate fantasy about the devs exiling all the casuals and letting you be snowflakes again, but let's be serious.
    Did you not hear his anecdote about his coworker who joined LFD instead of waiting two minutes for him to come back and invite him? They want people to play with their friends when they can, and only use LFD/R as a last resort.

Quote Originally Posted by SBlackman View Post
    They should put Nazgrim-level bosses as the first boss to every LFR wing. Force players to get better.
    Or inspire them to quit. I believe this was the driving philosophy at the start of Cataclysm and the results of it weren't pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Deleted
    I've never experienced what people are describing in here, maybe I'm really lucky?

Deleted
    Blizzard has never given even one little hint that they give a shit.
    I think that pretty much defines Blizzard of 2013, in fact that is pretty much worthy of being framed on a wall.

Did you not hear his anecdote about his coworker who joined LFD instead of waiting two minutes for him to come back and invite him? They want people to play with their friends when they can, and only use LFD/R as a last resort.
    I've heard that they want to add extra rewards for queueing with your friends, and that's great, but all that means is that you'll have an LFR filled with lots of little groups of 2 - 4 people who know each other. It's certainly not going to get anyone out of LFR and into organized raiding. I mean if all the loot and content in organized raids could never get most people in there before, nothing they add now is going to change that.

The later in the week you wait to do some of the LFR the worse it gets. If I don't do it in the first few days I make sure I queue up with a few people I know so we can bump the curve in our favor.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    I've heard that they want to add extra rewards for queueing with your friends, and that's great, but all that means is that you'll have an LFR filled with lots of little groups of 2 - 4 people who know each other. It's certainly not going to get anyone out of LFR and into organized raiding. I mean if all the loot and content in organized raids could never get most people in there before, nothing they add now is going to change that.
    You might be surprised by the impact Flex will have, now that guilds can organise and plan around it.

You might be surprised by the impact Flex will have, now that guilds can organise and plan around it.
    Look, the only way the hardcore contingent is going to be happy is if Blizzard says some combination of:

1) We don't want to let people see raid content without joining a raiding guild anymore.
    2) We don't want to slather absolutely everyone who hits level cap in easy epics anymore.

And I just don't see either of those two things in the cards, you dig? I'd love it if LFR gave me some extra shit for queueing with a few buddies though.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Or inspire them to quit. I believe this was the driving philosophy at the start of Cataclysm and the results of it weren't pretty.
    Yes, I wonder why people continue to suggest making the majority of players feel like they're being punished and/or have no fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Yes, I wonder why people continue to suggest making the majority of players feel like they're being punished and/or have no fun.
    Some people don't see difficulty as a punishment. Mario without pits would not have been nearly as fun.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some people don't see difficulty as a punishment. Mario without pits would not have been nearly as fun.
    The "difficulty" of the heroics wasn't what made them unfun. What made them unfun was that the difficulty caused some more experienced players to be flaming assholes in random groups, and THAT was unfun.

When "better" players stop being flaming assholes to random strangers, Blizzard will have a lot more options with content design and tuning. Seems unlikely that will ever happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    The "difficulty" of the heroics wasn't what made them unfun. What made them unfun was that the difficulty caused some more experienced players to be flaming assholes in random groups, and THAT was unfun.

When "better" players stop being flaming assholes to random strangers, Blizzard will have a lot more options with content design and tuning. Seems unlikely that will ever happen though.
    I rarely encountered competent players being flaming assholes. More often I encountered shitty players acting like assholes. The kinds of players who caused issues in groups for me was those who would refuse to CC, purposefully break CC, pull without the tank, stand in shit and blame the healer when they die, and just overall be a self absorbed dbag thinking they shouldnt have to be a team player.

So for me what made the heroics unfun was players who didnt enjoy group based content in the first place and dragging down everyone else. You dont nerf things because players are being loud mouths, you nerf things because players are being disruptive to the groups and drag them down. All it took was one person to be disruptive, a minority to ruin the enjoyment of a majority. Blizzard had to nerf the content to reduced the impact a minority of griefing self entitled dbags had on the enjoyment of content for the majority.

In the end I would rather put up with a flaming asshole that pulls their weight than a flaming asshole that drags the group down. One you can put on ignore while the other ether forces you to ether leave or kick them then the asshole goes to the forum bitching they got kicked for being shitty looking and crying for attention.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-11-22 at 01:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had more than 5 stacks on any boss. This includes a Monday run. An two of those 5 stacks were "lol pull" idiots we had to kick. While its possible you're just the unluckiest player in wow, I'm gonna have to call bullshit on that one.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

I don't understand people that are whining about wiping in LFR, I just got back to WoW. Happy to see that my gear was 501 ilvl (stop'ed to play in the first weeks of 5.2) so i could join SoO LFR to catch up on some gear quick, have done all bosses in LFR, first 2, 2 times and the last 2, 1 time each. I've had 2 wipes totally, of which one was because we had a clueless tank that did not know what to do, and the other one was because of people did not dps the adds on the 8th boss.

My experience was that the bosses were very under-tuned and very forgiving mechanics, from what i read before i started I did get the impression that LFR should be somewhat challenging compared to DS LFR. But that's not my impression after this, its still a loot-pinata like LFR always been. I'm sorry for the community that thinks these bosses are hard, that might be the largest reason why WoW is very "dumb-down" to the level it is right now (thought i like some of the changes that's here/coming).

Does anyone agree with me?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Septh View Post
    My experience was that the bosses were very under-tuned and very forgiving mechanics, from what i read before i started I did get the impression that LFR should be somewhat challenging compared to DS LFR.
    They were slightly challenging for completely random groups (Nazgrim, Shammies, Garrosh). Guess what - they were all nerfed to their current levels because they weren't the loot chests they were supposed to be.

I always like to say I could write an essay about how people nowadays are brought up to believe that there should be no adversities in life at all, especially in games and how that is having a tremendous negative social impact.. but I just don't give two shits about the general populace any more.

What we need.. is a plague, that targets only certain types of people.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    In the end I would rather put up with a flaming asshole that pulls their weight than a flaming asshole that drags the group down. One you can put on ignore while the other ether forces you to ether leave or kick them then the asshole goes to the forum bitching they got kicked for being shitty looking and crying for attention.
    Flaming assholes are never acceptable in random content. They drive players away from the game.

Although there seems to be a class of long-time player who would prefer that the game be filled only with other people who are almost (but not quite) as good as they are, that class of player would be playing a game of 200,000-500,000 subscriptions and 1/10 the new content if that were the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    They were slightly challenging for completely random groups (Nazgrim, Shammies, Garrosh). Guess what - they were all nerfed to their current levels because they weren't the loot chests they were supposed to be.

I always like to say I could write an essay about how people nowadays are brought up to believe that there should be no adversities in life at all, especially in games and how that is having a tremendous negative social impact.. but I just don't give two shits about the general populace any more.

What we need.. is a plague, that targets only certain types of people.
    There is adversity you can do something about and adversity you can't do anything about.

Going into an encounter in LFR that is overtuned for the average participant is adversity you can't do anything about. That's not adversity you learn from or get better from. It's adversity that is just not fun.