Challenge Conqueror: Gold rewards, and purchasing extra gear for alts

I apologize if this has been already discussed, but I couldn't find a current answer on the matter.

I would just like to know if it's possible that, after completing the requirements for the Gold achievement, to purchase extra pieces of gear from Challenger Soong/Wuli on an alt, without having to repeat the challenge entirely. In the comments, it was said that "only the original character can use the rewards", but that was during patch 5.0.5, before Soong and Wuli were added (5.3.0), who appear to sell all the pieces of the set for 100g each.

So unless this is intended for alts, I can't think of any other reason why you would buy those pieces when you get the chest after completion, containing all pieces, unless you deleted a piece or two accidentally. So is this intended for alts? Can I simply do the achievement on one character, and obtain the other sets for my alts by visiting the vendor?

As far as I know, it is not intended for alts. It's intended in case you lose/vendor a piece of gear and need to acquire it again. Could be wrong, but that's my understanding.

Deleted
    Sadly not possible.

Even if you got two lvl90 of same class at the time of receiving 9/9 - you only get it on one character and would have to redo it on the other.
    I also think this is stupid since you already shown your skill with that class but what can you do :/

Thanks, y'all. Annoying, but at least it's easier to find people this way.

Deleted
    There was a bug first 2 weeks of MoP where that achievement was cross char and could obtain gear for alts too. Makes no sense