Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Windows 7 is inferior, that's why you don't buy it over Windows 8. It's slower (especially booting and shutting down), poorly optimized for SSDs compared to 8, more resource hungry and will not support newer versions of DX.

Simply saying "lol Mantle is coming out so it doesn't matter" makes zero sense. Not every game is going to use it. Also, unless you can cite some reliable source showing widespread memory leaks on W8, that statement is pure nonsense. I haven't had any such issues, nor have I seen anyone report similar things.

In closing, Windows 8 is better than Windows 7 for the same price. There's no reason to buy an outdated, nearly 5 year old OS.

- - - Updated - - -

It's using outdated parts for no apparent reason. The 4670K is what you should be buying if you go that route. Seagate HDDs are also poor. If you want your money best spent, and want to skip an SSD, take my build and substitute in the 4670K/ASRock Extreme4 Z87/Hyper 212 EVO.
    You got a lot of anger son.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...dows-8-1-Crash

There is nothing that windows 8 is superior at. Lies, lies and more damn lies. Pretty bad when forums mod say they don't even support the "good version" of 8 (8.1), due to all the people having problems with it in that game. Everyone who went to 8.0/8.1 for BF4 got better performance and CRASHES MORE. It takes a whole trip to the BF4 forum for that. All those people are just full of it though right? They all took idiotic advice and invested in windows 7 with metro and a new crappy direct x, that was held out of 7 to sell copies of a silly OS that people don't like.

The only thing you can argue for 8 being better then 7 is faster start up. Big fookin deal. The "handles memory" BS is a straight up lie. The ONLY game that uses direct x tiling is BF4 which will run better on mantle. Name me one awesome title coming up on direct x 11.2? Oh look they are all EA and MANTLE as well. Do you even know what a high or low level api is? How the hell do you think a ps4 is running 1080p on a freakin notebook CPU that blows. The draw calls in the NEW direct x SOMETIMES spike to 10k, they are usually at like 4k. A console is like 30k. Mantle will = console efficiency.

Let me let you in on something you raging little man. Direct X has ALWAYS SUCKED. It was NEVER good. These companies sold us GPU's we never needed at the resolutions we were playing to fuel research and development. Now that silicon is hitting a limit, we are FINALLY getting optimization back, which we had as far back as freakin Glide.

You want to pay 100-150 bucks for a OS that runs all games minus 1 at 1 percent slower most of the time? You go right ahead. Now you go start and shut down your computer all day, cus standby doesn't exist. Have fun with that.

MS and the video card companies have been screwing us over for years. With Direct X that sucked, and with hardware that was stupidly more powerful then we needed. The fact is takes 4 gtx titans to run BF4 at 4 k res is a joke. Direct X is AWFUL.

Now go recommend software upgrades that are sidegrades and non 4 core chips some more you clown. We aren't using tablet laptops. We could care less how fast our computer boots.

As far as the I5 ivy? Depending on where he lives? The i5 Ivy is 150 at microcenter right now and you get an additive deal on a z77 MB. When OC they aren't very far apart unless you get lucky on the Haswell. There are open box boards there for like 50-60 bucks that will oc to 4.5ghz. You are looking at a big swing in price and people have a budget. Like you? You think your computer pwns, but someone with a -E chip? Thinks it is garbage and that you should have gotten the -E. Budgets exist. The I3 is budget. The problem is? It won't support the newer games well and those benchmarks don't include voice com, and all the other @#%@ that is running on your computer. CPU's that aren't true quads are going to be outdated. You want to buy an outdated computer? Go for it.

Also have fun with win 8 "superior shut down speed". I know I always turn off my monitor AFTER watching windows shutdown. I have to stay there and watch it. I can't just walk away. Greatest thing I have ever read. Hey do you own stock in MS btw? LOL.
    Last edited by deathjester; 2013-11-20 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deathjester View Post
    Look at the 1080p benchmarks. The 1440p benchmarks are GPU bottlenecked.

Add to that the 8350 overclocks, the I3 is not unlocked. Again I would never buy an 8350 and I sure as hell wouldn't buy a i3. To recommend a i3 over an 8350 is just silly. 46 fps lows in a fps vs 58 is a big deal.
    Pointing to a CPU bottleneck on an i3 when the GPU in question is a 7990 or R9-290X is plain silly.

A 26% performance advantage to the FX-8350 using a R9-290X means that an i3 can handle any GPU up to a 770/R9-280X in BF4. Not bad for a measly $130 CPU.

Wall-O-Incorrectness
    Blah blah blah. Unless you can provide any credible source for your claims that go against the majority of the internet, you're wrong. Otherwise, stop spreading misinformation.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Blah blah blah. Unless you can provide any credible source for your claims that go against the majority of the internet, you're wrong. Otherwise, stop spreading misinformation.
    More proof showing you are absolutely full of it. You know I am really getting tired of getting slammed by you every time I make a post trying to help people.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...e,3331-13.html

http://www.techspot.com/review/561-w...ws7/page3.html

Want to know why performance is so similar? Because they are basically using the same kernel. DERP. If anything Win 8 is SLOWER, but the difference is so small, who cares. Again, I said if you are buying a new pc and can't migrate win 7, then 8 is fine. ANYONE who is buying Win 8, when they already have 7, and who is expecting a magical increase in game performance though is mistaken. HARDWARE is what is going to fix that.

Tiling is from the API. Core usage is from the API. Also the idea that Nvidia isn't going to make their own (mantle) or sign on is lunacy. They are not going to watch a 7870 kick the @#$@ out of a 760 and lose their a$$ selling expensive hardware for bottom dollar.

Windows 8 does NOTHING for gaming performance in any mmo out or RPG for that matter. The only thing it is better at is Bf4 and it crashes more, which the offical bf4 forum will attest to. Slightly higher performance, and more crashes. Also the higher performance is often exaggerated due to people having badly maintained OS's and running aero in the background. It is a placebo effect.

Now go start and restart your machine over and over again. It is the only good thing about Windows 8 that was actually really good. I mean hell do you even have that watercooled rig OC'd? You are sitting here crying about Ivy which people can get killer deals on and that can = Haswell most of the time. The Haswell is better in one thing then my ivy. Dolphin Emulation (Wii games). In everything else it is close and if I hadn't got lucky and got a low voltage 4.7 ghz Costa Rica Haswell? The Ivy would be dead even with it in gaming. There are a ton of people stuck at 4.3 with stupidly expensive motherboards. Ivy was a silicon lottery and Haswell is even worse. That said? If they are close to the same price, of course you buy a Haswell. Atm, depending where you live? They aren't close. The ivy is killing the haswell on price and Microcenter sold out of the i7-4770k's at 199.99 hella fast, and no one is close to that price. It looks like some of the Cali stores aren't even honoring it.

Now go sell Windows 8 on another forum you M$ slappy. Enjoy the newer NSA backdoor for win 8. NEW AND IMPROVED and not allowed in Germany's government, due to the awesomeness that is M$.

More proof showing you are absolutely full of it. You know I am really getting tired of getting slammed by you every time I make a post trying to help people.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...e,3331-13.html

http://www.techspot.com/review/561-w...ws7/page3.html

Want to know why performance is so similar? Because they are basically using the same kernel. DERP. If anything Win 8 is SLOWER, but the difference is so small, who cares. Again, I said if you are buying a new pc and can't migrate win 7, then 8 is fine. ANYONE who is buying Win 8, when they already have 7, and who is expecting a magical increase in game performance though is mistaken. HARDWARE is what is going to fix that.

Tiling is from the API. Core usage is from the API. Also the idea that Nvidia isn't going to make their own (mantle) or sign on is lunacy. They are not going to watch a 7870 kick the @#$@ out of a 760 and lose their a$$ selling expensive hardware for bottom dollar.

Windows 8 does NOTHING for gaming performance in any mmo out or RPG for that matter. The only thing it is better at is Bf4 and it crashes more, which the offical bf4 forum will attest to. Slightly higher performance, and more crashes. Also the higher performance is often exaggerated due to people having badly maintained OS's and running aero in the background. It is a placebo effect.

Now go start and restart your machine over and over again. It is the only good thing about Windows 8 that was actually really good. I mean hell do you even have that watercooled rig OC'd? You are sitting here crying about Ivy which people can get killer deals on and that can = Haswell most of the time. The Haswell is better in one thing then my ivy. Dolphin Emulation (Wii games). In everything else it is close and if I hadn't got lucky and got a low voltage 4.7 ghz Costa Rica Haswell? The Ivy would be dead even with it in gaming. There are a ton of people stuck at 4.3 with stupidly expensive motherboards. Ivy was a silicon lottery and Haswell is even worse. That said? If they are close to the same price, of course you buy a Haswell. Atm, depending where you live? They aren't close. The ivy is killing the haswell on price and Microcenter sold out of the i7-4770k's at 199.99 hella fast, and no one is close to that price. It looks like some of the Cali stores aren't even honoring it.

Now go sell Windows 8 on another forum you M$ slappy. Enjoy the newer NSA backdoor for win 8. NEW AND IMPROVED and not allowed in Germany's government, due to the awesomeness that is M$.
    I would bother responding if your points were even remotely cohesive. However, they're not. Seems like you're just stringing rage filled ramblings together as if they're supposed to tie into an actual argument.

And linking pre-release W8 benches? OK? Linking Tom's W8 gaming benches showing identical gaming performance? OK? It's still a better OS, by a long shot for the points mentioned earlier.

* User was infracted
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2013-11-20 at 09:11 AM.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

I would bother responding if your points were even remotely cohesive. However, they're not. Seems like you're just stringing rage filled ramblings together as if they're supposed to tie into an actual argument.

And linking pre-release W8 benches? OK? Linking Tom's W8 gaming benches showing identical gaming performance? OK? It's still a better OS, by a long shot for the points mentioned earlier.
    A) you said it was faster in gaming then win 7. I proved you wrong. That was a lie.

B) go ahead and report me. You know I made you look like a clown, and you are probably crying. I could care less. I don't even play WoW The game got old when I got all my arena achievements and I was bored of doing CC chains on my mage and rogue. The only reason I visit this site along with tonymac (hackintosh) is usually to just help people with tech advice, while getting slammed and putting up with complete lies and BS from people like you.

BTW grab an I3 and do WvW on a populated server on GW 2. Have fun with the awesomeness that is the i3. Not that the AMD's are any better...but yeah...awesome chip man. Funny thing? That game really only uses 3 cores. Those fake cores just don't seem to fly with a ton of people on screen.

Now list me all the great things about win 8 compared to win 7 while leaving out faster start up (who the hell cares on a desktop). Does it work well with all games? Nope. Guild Wars 2 tech forums are full of threads with people having problems as is BF4. Those are two of the most popular games in the world. Is it faster in any game except one game that will be mantle? Nope. Does it have cloud BS that I can do on win 7? Yup. Do I want someone tracking all the @#%# I do on my home computer and do I think any sane person would want all his crap integrated online. Hell no.

Ap store? Sucks. Security? Just as bad as all windows. I dual boot Mac Os for the kids on my hackintosh. They can get adware and virus's on any win os easily. Mac OS? I can leave the same installation on there for years without touching jack and cleaning the registry. Want to know how much Mac OS Mavericks was? Free. I can't wait until mantle hits and they support linux. I won't even have to boot a stupid Windows installation anymore. In before blah blah less people to attack on Mac blah blah. I already know that. Fortunately people like you are too stupid to install mac os, so I am safe for years to come...

* User was infracted for flaming
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2013-11-20 at 09:08 AM.

Yeah so... I never said it was faster in gaming. I think you're getting lost in your own nonsensical words and posts, honestly.

build pics

Yeah so... I never said it was faster in gaming. I think you're getting lost in your own nonsensical words and posts, honestly.
    Kid you reported me. You don't know how HARD I am laughing right now. Anyways enjoy this forum. WoW sucks now anyways. Bringing back Illidan in a last desperate cash grab is just comedy gold. Give people bad advice I could care less. I would rather help people on other forums, without getting tattled on by some kid who can't support his own statements lol.

Tell them all to buy pseudo quad cores (funny how those new consoles use 8 cores, and we were limited to 3 core games because of the old consoles, which made the i3's pretty good), and Windows 8 so they can shut down their computer faster (LOL).

I don't think I have laughed this hard on a forum in a long time. Have fun on the WoW forum. The only reason I came back here was to let people know about the Microcenter 4770k at 199.99 and Ivy I5 for 150. Hope some grabbed one before they sold out. Good luck hitting 1700 in arena and killin dem big bad npc's. Watch out for the fire on the ground and watch those meters!

Sorry about the bad batch i7-4770k. My old Ivy kills your haswell on air. Bummer huh? Should have waited for the Costa Rica.

It's kinda weird that you're assuming that I play WoW (I haven't even touched MoP) and that I have some apparent bad batch of Haswell (mine was made in Costa Rica). You're just making stuff up I guess. While mine isn't the greatest, it's still at 4.3Ghz after some recent fine tuning, which is plenty for me. Not to mention the fact that it's the superior platform, especially for me. Notice those 3 SSDs in my signature? They're running all native because of Z87 and not on a crappy board controller like previous generations. Helps for RAID as well.

As far as puffing your chest with an Ivy Bridge CPU? That's cool, but it's not "killing" anything considering IPC is 10% lower than Haswell, making my 4.3Ghz clock equate to 4.8Ghz on IB. Pretty sure the vast majority aren't getting those numbers, especially on air.
    Last edited by glo; 2013-11-20 at 09:45 AM.

build pics

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...dows-8-1-Crash

There is nothing that windows 8 is superior at. Lies, lies and more damn lies. Pretty bad when forums mod say they don't even support the "good version" of 8 (8.1), due to all the people having problems with it in that game. Everyone who went to 8.0/8.1 for BF4 got better performance and CRASHES MORE. It takes a whole trip to the BF4 forum for that. All those people are just full of it though right? They all took idiotic advice and invested in windows 7 with metro and a new crappy direct x, that was held out of 7 to sell copies of a silly OS that people don't like.
    When the beta of BF4 came out; everyone literally called me a massive idiot because I said the performance of BF4 is much better than in BF3. How many have reported that BF4 beta was unplayable? Youtube is full of it. This (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inYH-MhIWDQ) was recorded during the beta with OBS (bitrate at 50K Kbps) a 780 and a 3930K. I've seen atleast a stable 99% gpu load all the time in BF4 which I wasn't seeing in BF3 strike at karhkand more like 50-60%. I had to advise a lot of friends to switch to Windows 8 with the beta and they all were having 10 fps and shitload of stuttering with 7; when they made the upgrade they were literally surprised. So your "useless windows 8 upgrade" is just nonsense. Competive players or just BF fans now at this moment would do the upgrade rather than waiting for DICE fixing their issues, no excuse. I've only seen the game crashing when you alt tab but when gaming maybe 5-10 times max.

BF4 forums are full of "Windows 8 made the difference. No more stuttering or frame dips" and all others still QQing about the performance should check their hardware first.

This kinda shows clearly how impressive windows 8 was over windows 7 with the beta: http://i.imgur.com/D0kur5E.jpg

With the official release the minimums are still far way better on Windows 8: http://cdn.hardwarepal.com/wp-conten...70-vs-7970.jpg

If you're ever going to bring this up: "oh it's only 10 fps more" you're just going to annoy 120Hz gamers especially agressive snipers.

You think your computer pwns, but someone with a -E chip? Thinks it is garbage and that you should have gotten the -E.
    I have. And his CPU will do much better for gaming. I have to overclock this 3930K to 5.2GHz orsomething to match his IPC. Which games do use more than 4 cores? Crysis 3? Hell that multiplayer is boring and dead. BF4? Thats it.

The I3 is budget. The problem is? It won't support the newer games well and those benchmarks don't include voice com, and all the other @#%@ that is running on your computer. CPU's that aren't true quads are going to be outdated. You want to buy an outdated computer? Go for it.
    Your knowledge is outdated as well and I'm tired of hearing this. You kept bringing up Mantle mantle and mantle and bashed directx. Mantle offers direct hardware access (GPU) and won't take much from your CPU so why would an i3 be outdated? Stop using "future games 234324 cores support" as your advise. We're not even there.

Also have fun with win 8 "superior shut down speed". I know I always turn off my monitor AFTER watching windows shutdown. I have to stay there and watch it. I can't just walk away. Greatest thing I have ever read. Hey do you own stock in MS btw? LOL.
    I'm having a lot of fun with 4sec cold boottimes. CSM set to disabled, GOP uefi bios on GPU's, SSD formatted to GPT is pure amazing for overclockers. Who turns his monitor off nowadays? To save 5$ in a year time? I dont think the shutdown time is relevant to me because I have my storage hard drive mostly turned off by Windows so if I reboot; the harddrive first needs to start up and then the system can close.

The main reason why I upgraded to Windows 8 was just because Windows 7 was always giving me the warning that the system doesnt have enough resources and changing the aerotheme to basic with a delay of 10s multiply times a day when alttabbing from a game. I don't even know why you would hate Windows 8 so much; I literally see the metro interface only once a day.

@Op I have to agree that the i3 is a much better chip than a 8320 for your games but I would raise your budget to an i5 4670k.