Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Flying only zones?

If they are going to go down the road of trying to reintroduce ground mounts as a core concept to travel, why dont they make flying zones only. So lets say in WoD u have 80% of the content for ground mounts only then have some flying zones where it is 100% needed. Keeps everybody happy does it not? Makes the game more interesting when u have to use ground mount most of the time. Flying mounts will still be needed but not as much as before?

10+ Year Old Account
    They did that with Storm Peaks... kinda. you kinda had to fly. It worked for a zone like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't fight while mounted. You can eat while mounted. Having a zone where you have to be mounted and flying wouldn't work unless they changed this.

Now, if they changed it to where players could PvP while mounted, then that would negate the need to hold back on flying, at least for PvP realms, but since not all realms are PvP realms that still wouldn't solve the issue that Blizz wants us to experience the worlds they've built first hand on the ground.
    If a fat kid falls in the forrest and no one is around do the trees laugh?
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callous1970 View Post
    You can't fight while mounted. You can eat while mounted. Having a zone where you have to be mounted and flying wouldn't work unless they changed this.

Now, if they changed it to where players could PvP while mounted, then that would negate the need to hold back on flying, at least for PvP realms, but since not all realms are PvP realms that still wouldn't solve the issue that Blizz wants us to experience the worlds they've built first hand on the ground.
    Well like the above said it would be similar to Storm Peaks, I never said u had to be mounted the whole time u were there. Just to get from point A to point B u would need to be flying as the terrain would make it impossible to get there without a flying mount.

Deleted
    I think if they ever introduce a mounted combat system this would be quite cool. I think the expansion after WoD will experiment with more dynamic flying to see which option works best. Spires of Arrak could have been good for this.

I dont think they are doing this for pvp reasons. I do not believe they are trying to "reinvent the wheel" so to speak. I believe they are trying just to make flying feel more meaningful in the long run. Think about this for a second, you ding max level and you get flying wow amazing right? Nope not amazing knowing that it is just that easy, and we all know that easy is not rewarding so to speak.

TLDR; Something so easily obtained is never treasured!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purenight View Post
    I dont think they are doing this for pvp reasons. I do not believe they are trying to "reinvent the wheel" so to speak. I believe they are trying just to make flying feel more meaningful in the long run. Think about this for a second, you ding max level and you get flying wow amazing right? Nope not amazing knowing that it is just that easy, and we all know that easy is not rewarding so to speak.

TLDR; Something so easily obtained is never treasured!
    I remember in TBC to have epic flying was a hard achievement in itself wasn't easy to earn 5k back then, not on my server anyway. I hope it works out well in WoD so like u said people might appreciate it more.