[Feral] Do we still use thrash when clearcasting procs with the tier 16 (2) bonus?

as the title says, or do we use shred instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    You should use Thrash with a OoC proc if:
    Thrash is not currently on the target
    Thrash will expire shortly on the target
    Your Thrash damage will increase by more then ~20%

should we also use trash if we dont have an OoC proc and no trash on our target?

Quote Originally Posted by gardner View Post
    should we also use trash if we dont have an OoC proc and no trash on our target?
    If you wont be sacrificing Rip/SR/Rake uptime by using the energy on Thrash you should try and keep it up as much as possible, somewhere around a 50% uptime is what you'll usually get, and anything above that whilst not sacrificing on Rip/SR is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Thrash on trash, but never trash my Thrash......wtb a better name for this ability so it doesn't bug me when people misspell it!

Quote Originally Posted by gardner View Post
    Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: If your reaction time is fast enough you can achieve fairly high Thrash uptime casting it solely on OoC procs to the point where it's not worth it to (at least consistently) be hardcasting it to maintain it. If it's not, then yes you should hardcast (hint: you probably should I'm just giving the super long technical answer!).

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

I sometimes use Thrash as an energy dump if I'm in danger of capping (and it's not already on the target). Otherwise, pretty much what the others have stated.
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

Thrash is my go to I don't want to use CP energy Dump if not it then Shred.