Poll: What is your favourite raid mechanic of all time?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PriestituteFrostmane View Post
    It's not on the poll, but I'm going to mention it anyways. One of my favourite fights of all times is Sha of Fear HC. Throwing the ball of light around to break the fears, while not getting hit by one of the adds was a really fun mechanic imo. I really hope we're going to see a similar mechanic in WoD.
    If only that fight war anywhere near as fun for the other 22 people.... Boring ass fight. Worst end-raid-boss this expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will second what a lot of people are saying about fights that split into separate groups with different tasks. I also like doing very specific mechanics that only one person needs to do but messes everything up if no one does it. A good example of this would be spark pulling in phase 1 of Malygos and of course the dreaded abomination for Prof. Putricide. I liked the concept of the cubes for Magtheridon, but the application was a bit crazy given cave ins/latency coordination with 5 people.

In fact, almost every single one of my favorite fights has personal mechanics as opposed to group mechanics. Sure, you might wipe a few more times having everyone learn what they specifically need to do, but it's so much more fulfilling and far less repetitive even when you have it on farm.

I'm really digging Blackfuse atm (as long as I'm not on belt duty lol). As far as the poll goes, kiting/CC is fun to do.

I've always been very fond of kiting I guess. It made me feel a tad bit more special when I kited General Drakkisath, while the 9 other guys killed off the two adds. Magmaw comes to mind aswell

Debuff from old zg, preferably on pet then resummon it in ah an sit back have fun!

15+ Year Old Account
    You are the bomb! - Baron Geddon MC
    Blackheart the Inciter in SL
    Last edited by Dangg; 2013-11-22 at 01:35 AM.

In BC, I really enjoyed the fights where you needed resist gear or a warlock tank in order to down the boss. I miss these kinds of fights so much
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

Anywhere there is an intense "kill or be killed" phase, that involves careful planning of offensive and defensive personal and raid cool downs, as well as intense dps. To name a few:
    -Zul'jin Dragonhawk Phase (TBC version)
    -Reliquary of Souls Anger Phase
    -General Vezax Saronite Animus phase (hard mode)
    -Iron Council Steelbreaker last
    -Mimiron Firefight last phase
    -Magmaw heroic last phase
    -Elegon last phase

I think the alternate phase on heroic Sha of Pride deserves some kind of honorable mention.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Stacking up is fun for healing, but as for mechanics, I absolutely loved kiting adds on Nef. It was challenging and fun to learn, and 90% of phase 3 was on your shoulders.

110% Have group will travel. Short lived but fucking awesome!!!1

Bah.. just read the poll, i'm an idiot.
    Last edited by slime; 2013-11-22 at 04:53 PM.

I really liked the "RUN THE F FROM THE BEAM" and clearing the sound mechanic on that blind dragon in BWD. Loved that boss.

alysrazor was nice if you were flying up there. heigan had nice mechanics too. Thaddius had a good mechanic but alot of puggers failed on it :P

HC sha of pride, the banishment is pretty sweet!

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gravity - Elevator Boss.

Always good for lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    alysrazor was nice if you were flying up there.
    Rather boring on the ground once you learned it, though. I remember grabbing spare feathers as a healer to go flying out of boredom, even on heroic. Once you killed it a few times the fight was easy enough that you just kind of slept your way through it. Trying to do the whole flying thing while also keeping the people on the ground alive was the only thing that kept it interesting. Cool mechanic, but not a very exciting fight.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Gimmicky shit like mage tanking is the most fun imo. And fights with a lot of different phases like Yogg, LK, Illidan etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Gravity - Elevator Boss.

Always good for lulz.
    One of the most OP abilities in the game. Luckily I was a mage

Mimiron - the chasing fire.
    [EU] Blackmoore - Cola (RestoDruid) & Shiq (Hunter)

Murozond time rewind mechanic

Favorite encounter in the game, period
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a tie for me between tanking Heroic Boxes and getting Blade of the Hundred Steps in both rooms (monk tank on aoe-fest with a stupidly OP tank buff) and tanking Shadow realm on Heroic Halion. I know #2 isn't many peoples favorites but I enjoyed the mechanic and the dance a great deal.