Poll: What is your favourite raid mechanic of all time?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

What is your favourite raid mechanic of all time?

(poll here)

The fuck are these options?

They're all extremely generic and none are what makes an encounter interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    all of them in one fight

Deleted
    I don't think I have a specific mechanic I think is awesome. The combination is what makes the fight fun to me.

I guess Defile is really fun though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroism/Bloodlust burn phases probably. Especially on bosses that take extra damage like Horridon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Don't like stack. Can't see shit in the crowd and have no idea where my character is specifically. It's also hard to concentrate on the rotation when I can't see what my character is doing. It's even worse in 25 men.

I'm pretty much indiferent to all other mechanics. Just as long as it's not something retarded like the dance at Heigan The Unclean where you don't even know where you're supposed to move. After all these years I still have no fucking clue where to stand on that.

Deleted
    I loved to have to kit adds from nefarian bwd (at start I don't like it but after learn how to do it was my favourite boss of the week back then). Worst mechanic imho: stack

ps: I think you should add "move and avoid fire and shit" (like the "dance" of ragnaros, missiles from blackfuse and so on)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Just as long as it's not something retarded like the dance at Heigan The Unclean where you don't even know where you're supposed to move. After all these years I still have no fucking clue where to stand on that.
    It is my favourite mechanic over those years of WoW... something where you have to deal with it on your own without copying comeone else movement (you cant, due to latency) or just following tank. I am simply fan of "solo survival mode", where you die due to your bad actions/movement.

I dont like stacking up, using all cds and aoe healing through everything which blizz usually prefer. It is boring.

Aye, I came here to say Heigan! You learn the fight yourself, or you die.

To a lesser extent, dancing on Will of the Emperor.

Deleted
    Fuck that poll, enfeeble on Prince with multiple lolrets in your group. :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say.... dont push big red button.

You are missing 1 shot mehanics.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sakki View Post
    It is my favourite mechanic over those years of WoW... something where you have to deal with it on your own without copying comeone else movement (you cant, due to latency) or just following tank. I am simply fan of "solo survival mode", where you die due to your bad actions/movement.
    You must have HATED Thaddius then

I wanted to vote all, as a good fight will use many of those, if not all. Singularly though, since I have to... probably add control. CC/Kiting is always good fun.

Deleted
    Pre-nerf - Mokvar the Treasurer is the sort of raid mechanic that needs to be more frequently implemented, alongside such mechanics as the mind spike by the Archweavers and various other interruptable death sentences......

10+ Year Old Account
    Shitstorms of epic proportions. Think Phase 3 new Ragnaros will all the meatballs rolling around, or Phase 4 Ragnaros if you are on heroic. Xin the Weaponmaster (final boss of Mogushan Palace), a LOT going on for a 5 man. Mimiron Firefighter. Stuff where each individual has to perform and not just follow others or they just die. I also really like soft enrages that you can actually see, like a boss growing in size or the room getting smaller, such as Professor Putricide, Sinestra or even the last boss of Halls of Reflection.

Flame Wreath.

"I'LL SHOW YOU! THIS BEATEN DOG STILL HAS SOME TEETH!"

I really enjoyed bosses such as Kael'thas, Illidari Council and High King Maulgar, as a mage;p

Also Heigan!

Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    Flame Wreath.

"I'LL SHOW YOU! THIS BEATEN DOG STILL HAS SOME TEETH!"
    This is also really fun, on one hand as long as everyone does what they must it's easy, but if one person fucks up, it's hell;D Same thing applies to Archimonde, he becomes stronger if anyone dies to the many, MANY deadly things that require individual play.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2013-11-19 at 12:02 PM.

Deleted
    This thread dosent work as poll.. I think lord rhyolith turning was pretty awesome, even that it wasent hard mechanic i liked it alot.

Deleted
    Throwing the cores at Vashj.

Real interaction with the other members of your team, rather than everyone doing their own thing (heal/tank/dps)

I personally love mechanics that forces your raid to really know what they're doing such as Defile or Heigan's Safety Dance. Ulduar had a lot of interesting mechanics as well, especially Yogg-Saron. Having to turn your back to mean things in Yogg-Saron's different realms was pretty smart, you couldn't just send someone clueless in there and they'd nail it at the first attempt like many heroic bosses today. General Vezax "heroic" mechanic was interesting to deal with as well, having no mana regen really forced you to rotate healers and never overheal until you really overgeared the fight.

Nowdays I think fights are a bit too much about tossing random damage around and rotating raid cooldowns. Hard fights are usually the ones that have a lot of unavoidable damage and you simply have to rely on massive cooldowns coupled with good RNG to beat them until you outgear them. It sort of feels like Blizzard don't want to add single "hard" mechanics due to the fact that they wouldn't work at all in raid finder or flex mode, and rather resort to stacking multiple easy mechanics at the same time of which some can be ignored on easier raid modes.

Oh. And I really miss that you simply don't have to CC aside from stuns and interrupts nowdays. It's sad that you have abilities like polymorph, fear and the likes yet you're never forced to use them outside of PvP. Bring CC back to the PvE part of the game!
    Last edited by Arainie; 2013-11-19 at 12:34 PM.