Poll: What is your favourite raid mechanic of all time?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Hexos in Brawler's Guild, period.

15+ Year Old Account
    Illidan Flame tanking, hands down.

The precision and co-ordination required between two tanks to have two big gnarly mobs move in a mirrored fashion around the edge of a circle in symmetry, while also ensuring they are both pointed outwards at all times and keeping your Blaze patches as small and neat as possible, was absolutely INTENSE the first few times I did it. You had to carefully and constantly shuffle a mob sideways in tandem with your other tank in such intricate movements so that your Flame never deviated from his path but was ALWAYS pointed outwards.

And on top of that, you also had to dodge Eye Beams.

This, for me, was the absolute pinnacle of tanking in this game.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I agree, I had the most fun raiding on my warrior when doing the Illidan flame tanking.

Anyone that doesn't say their favorite mechanic was the pink dino's on heroic horridon, is just lying to themselves.

Kiting. The most fun I ever had on a raid boss was during Moroes when we did not have enough Pally's and Priests to stun, and myself and another Mage went frost and kited 1 or 2 of the adds until they were ready to be burned.

The Lady Vashj mechanic is the best I've ever encountered during the years.

I really liked healing heroic Mimiron, I've been told that means I am insane lol.

I usually find big healing buffs (like Ultrax) fun. I hate interrupt.or.die. fights.

I like Archimonde where if someone in the raid dies he gains a buff that causes him to shit on you.

It wasn't necessarily hard to avoid but 1 derp could make things painful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    Anyone that doesn't say their favorite mechanic was the pink dino's on heroic horridon, is just lying to themselves.
    That mechanic shits me!

Defile or Cutters, best mechanic ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    personal responsibility mechanics. makes the bad peoples faults nice and visible so they can either get better at it or get the fuck out
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    Any of the mechanics where you have to die, i.e. Vael's Burning Adrenaline or Steelbreaker Last's Overwhelming Power/Meltdown.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Nefarian's class calls. They were hilarious (if annoying).
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    the poll needs an "other" option, my favourite encounter of all time, is professor putrcide 25 heroic, needing to switch targets to adds at the exact right moment, dps on boss until a set % then stop all dps to time the transition correctly, then there was the unbound plague, where u needed a small team to swap it between, or risk being one shot by it, then final phase being the burn phase while kiting the boss and avoiding the ooze pools and gas bombs, it was basically every major mechanic the game had ever developed thrown together in 1 fight, it was epic when we finally killed him, worked on it for almost 6 weeks straight after farming the rest of the instance, sadly couldn't get it pre 4.0 patch which made dps kind of wierd at 80, but meh, it went down and we were very happy with the kill.

Stop DPS is the dumbest fucking thing to ever add to a raid.

Edit - Defile was the greatest raid mechanic ever implemented.

Yeah I'm also voting "stack up spread out" because:

IN FOR VALKS!
    OUT FOR DEFILE!
    FFS SHAMWOW WHY DID YOU STAND IN DEFILE!!!????
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Could not name a single mechanic. It's the combination of mechanics that make a boss interesting.
    For example there is Gruul. Such a simple fight, can be completely explained in a minute. Still it was challenging to beat the soft enrage timer. We need more fights like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Could not name a single mechanic. It's the combination of mechanics that make a boss interesting.
    For example there is Gruul. Such a simple fight, can be completely explained in a minute. Still it was challenging to beat the soft enrage timer. We need more fights like that.
    Should be coming with WoD mythic change. Part of their told reasoning for lame encounters since creation of 10 man was they couldn't guarantee a 10 man would have a certain class or spell needed to deal with a mechanic. With 20 man they feel you can always have at least 1 of each class to deal with certain stuff.

I thoroughly enjoyed mage tanking on High king or lock tanking on KT or Leo. Or needing a priest for fear ward on Nightbane if you didn't have a warrior tank. Or someone having to use fire spells on Wizard of Oz opera event.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Dance @ Will of teh Emperor.
    2) Ghost mini-game @ Teron Gorefiend.
    3) Maze @ Durumu.

1) Mimiron Hard mode chaotic with fire.
    2) Faction Champs.
    I don't know everything about baseball. Most people don't know 'everything' about baseball. People fall into two two categories. Person A will, when they see I don't know something, try to explain it to me in detail so I understand it. Person B will use their knowledge to make me out to be stupid. Person B is no friend of mine.