Thread: Rogue Revamp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I sometimes wonder if we're all playing the same game......

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    I sometimes wonder if we're all playing the same game......
    I suppose we really aren't. Some people are PvPing, some doing solo outdoors content and 5m, some raiding...

I don't want a radical revision myself. I think most rogues would vote mutilate one other thing to juggle. As for combat points on rogue, a number of us are OK with it and feel we'd end up looking more like, say, monks than would strictly be healthy.

I didn't think my rogue felt bad until half-way through the expansion; I did feel we were catastrophically bad between 88-90 and until we got fairly decent gear. I'm willing to live with that, I suppose especially since I suspect MfD will making leveling easier and outdoor content less brutal at 90.

My changes would be smaller. I want throw done away with and replaced with Shuriken throw: just a 1 point combo at range with a medium cooldown (10+ seconds) and nice range. Advanced Shuriken throw would be what we now call Shuriken throw (autoattack at range and so on). A more elegant pulling tool.

I'd like to see expose armor backed in or placed on FoK with a ridiculous up-time (like a minute) and 3 applications immediately (without glyph). Basically some easier way of putting up expose armor. Minimum I don't want to waste a glyph on 3 applications in one Expose Armor.

Deleted
    I dont play my warlock (or wow) due to revamp and I was looking forward to playing a rogue in WoD, BUT, since they said backstab mechanics are gone I have high doubts..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    BUT, since they said backstab mechanics are gone I have high doubts..
    You wanted to play a rogue because 1/3 specs has a mechanic that makes being in front more than naturally punishing, and have high doubts because that one particular mechanic that causes you to lose DPS from two different sources for standing in front is being removed? I'm a little skeptical.

In 5 years of wow I've never seen a good combat pvp

- - - Updated - - -

Hope they fix it to be competitive in the next exp

Deleted
    You wanted to play a rogue because 1/3 specs has a mechanic that makes being in front more than naturally punishing, and have high doubts because that one particular mechanic that causes you to lose DPS from two different sources for standing in front is being removed? I'm a little skeptical.
    I PvP. What a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Strykert View Post
    In 5 years of wow I've never seen a good combat pvp

- - - Updated - - -

Hope they fix it to be competitive in the next exp
    It's not too bad on live tbh. Best position it's been in ever AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    backstab mechanics are gone
    Is that finally true? :O :O

Please provide link if possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Is that finally true? :O :O

Please provide link if possible.
    Position requirement for abilities removed (sub rogues and ferals rejoice), Backstab removed entirely. However, there is still a 3% chance to be parried from the front so min/maxers will WANT to be behind. It just wont ruin your day anymore.
    This is from an interview since I cannot find again the blue post, but I am sure I have seen it on mmo champ.

I actually enjoy backstab in PVP, but I'm probably one of the few.