rolling a feral dps druid (new to druids) leveling questions?

Just wondering if druids are good dpsers for end game content yet able to fork out alot of damage as cat form (dps) from 1-90 ?

15+ Year Old Account
    The fact you get Ferocious Bite early on now (Level 6) makes leveling a lot easier (It was never hard, but only having the DoT combo spender the majority of the leveling process was a bit useless unless killing bosses).

Feral Kitty hasn't been "bad" for quite a while, its all about knowing how to play them. They have practically the hardest rotation in the game, it takes a lot of getting used to once you're at endgame level.

That being said, in Warlords I believe they're gaining a talent that'll make the spec a little more "noob friendly".

For levelling specifically, you can basically go Cat and spam Mangle/FB for most of the way up until you start getting Rake/Rip/SR and things die really fast.

In fact mobs will die faster in Balance spec going cat form and spamming those because of the cast time on SF/Wrath levelling up...to a point.

EDIT: Above - yeah in WoD "might of malorne" makes SR passive, which means no more Juggling SR/Rip, it will make the 'rotation' a lot lot simpler, and pretty much faceroll which kind of sucks. For damage I don't know if that or "will of Malfurion" will be better (Thrash also spreads rake, if it works by just adding rake when you thrash then that will make keeping both those bleeds up cost 50 energy rather than 85, if it only works by spreading rake to OTHER targets when you thrash and not the main target then yes the SR passive will be better )
    Last edited by Thorim; 2013-11-19 at 01:38 PM.

Sweet (taking break from Monk) and trying out druid before WoD comes

10+ Year Old Account
    Kitties have a nice dps output while leveling. However I always leveled as Guardian, because it's even faster.
    It always depends if you prefer bombing or single target.
    And - as it is with all stealth classes - ganking during the leveling process is real fun!

Thank you and def enjoying Mangle/FB (lvl 8 now)

Deleted
    At level 15 with displacer beast or wild charge it gets a little more fun

Use rake, mangle, mangle. If mob is less than 40-50% by now use FB. If not, use tigers fury and mangle some more

At level 30 get ysera's gift that gets leveling easier with passive HP regen.

I found it interesting up to level 60 or so, then it's just a little bit too much repetitive, but it's definately effective.

Deleted
    Leveling as guardian is probably the best idea if you want to min/max

Oh i went Feral currently level 21 now and loving it self heals and good dps

Whenever I gank people I wish I was rogue...

Deleted
    I'm level 85 now and i think the major problem with feral/kitty leveling is that it's realy boring even tough it's very effective.

Maintain SR, rake, Mangle mangle mangle, tiger's fury if nothing crits, mangle some more, RIP if mob is realy tough or Bite if it's under 30% HP.

Stealth is not realy apealing since it seems slower than rogue, i just don't use stealth all that much, it doesnt seem "fun" enough, i rather pull with faerie :P

I know that most all other classes are "that boring" in therms of abilities used, but kitty seems... i don't know, it lacks a little "wow factor", i find rogue much much more fun. I'm just a druid because resto is realy what i like the most.
    Last edited by mmoc40e5aa3799; 2013-11-20 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    I'm level 85 now and i think the major problem with feral/kitty leveling is that it's realy boring even tough it's very effective.

Maintain SR, rake, Mangle mangle mangle, tiger's fury if nothing crits, mangle some more, RIP if mob is realy tough or Bite if it's under 30% HP.

Stealth is not realy apealing since it seems slower than rogue, i just don't use stealth all that much, it doesnt seem "fun" enough, i rather pull with faerie :P

I know that most all other classes are "that boring" in therms of abilities used, but kitty seems... i don't know, it lacks a little "wow factor", i find rogue much much more fun. I'm just a druid because resto is realy what i like the most.
    Are you using the Prowl glyph? I can't see why you would not for leveling.