Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    There is a bonus challenge instability thingy that kinda screws over some Mesmer play styles. My husband [Mesmer-4-Life] was gnashing his teeth at that fractal thing. It was in the Ascalon fractal.

I might start bringing my Engineer more often to dungeons for the added utility considering the odd additions the instabilities can have now.

Kind of an interesting system Anet went for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There is a bonus challenge instability thingy that kinda screws over some Mesmer play styles. My husband [Mesmer-4-Life] was gnashing his teeth at that fractal thing. It was in the Ascalon fractal.

I might start bringing my Engineer more often to dungeons for the added utility considering the odd additions the instabilities can have now.

The Mistlock Instabilities are by fractal level, not by individual fractal.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistlock_Instability

Nice write-up on them on the official forums here:
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...Instabilities/

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    It's a 1 second advise so yeah it's fast, you can use stunbreakers tho! I managed to use my elixir gun !~
    Hrmm, my stunbreak wasn't working....need to test this more.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post

Hrmm, my stunbreak wasn't working....need to test this more.
    I was with another engineer in the group and he was using the goggles (the ones that the utility belt breaks stun and gives you the crit boon) and it worked for him too :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

I feel like half of the mistlock instabilities are designed to fuck mesmers over and only mesmers.

I hate you anet..
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    I was with another engineer in the group and he was using the goggles (the ones that the utility belt breaks stun and gives you the crit boon) and it worked for him too :P
    Oh, I believe you! I should have been more clear - I need to test MY stuff
    Valar morghulis

I wonder if Social Awkwardness makes not stacking optimal on some of the fights, that would be nice. Also Antielitism >< I would kill myself out of habit every boss fight ><

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I feel like half of the mistlock instabilities are designed to fuck mesmers over and only mesmers.

I hate you anet..
    How so? My mesmer is only lvl 23 so I probably just don't realize how it affects them more.

SA is very ineffective since not many team builds rely on healing as a defensive mechanism. More common (and better) tactics rely on weakness, protection, aegis and blind. Healing is very lackluster since you either A) heal so much you never use your heal skill B) heal too little to outlive the damage.
    Another factor is that you still get other boons from stacking.

I wouldn't have put AI so high up on the list, it's a free be and Tainted Renewal is quite harsh in comparison.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I believe you! I should have been more clear - I need to test MY stuff
    I didn't take it personal, just wanted to show you more facts that it (the mechanic) can be cleansed :P

I hate you anet..
    Heh. We were talking about it after my husband's run. He was a longtime Mesmer in GW1.

One of the big differences in GW2 for a Mesmer is they are still a super specific class in play style. Yet GW2 is more rumble-tumble, anything goes than GW1. So like locking down [or out] a target indefinitely is just less viable by game design. Whereas in GW1 the game was balanced around the titanic struggle between a Mesmer and a Monk.

Fundamentally, GW1 was a game about denying your opponents. GW2, tumbling about the field of play. It's like Chess vs. It.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-12-03 at 09:36 PM.

Um does reactor have an explorable version you can roll when you are doing fractals?

I think its only story mode. That is really really really retarded Anet... that or my luck is just really bad
    Don't think anyone ever answered this (I could have just missed it) but yea the reactor does come up as an option when doing lvl fractals. I was really surprised when I got it a few days ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    fractal weapons are now skins instead of just weapons with no stats that force you to use a transmutation stone on them

ugh finally!