Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Wanna know why we don't like it?

Because we didn't like it last year.

Or let me expand a bit further. They did the same last year, except with 8%, and probably no one liked it. At all. There was so much backlash on these forums and the official forums that most of the topics ended up being deleted because they were all about how shitty the 8th Anniversary gift was.

And did Blizzard learn from that? You woulda thought Blizz would have learned from last years' mistake and offer something a bit more substantial, right? Like a permanent tabbard? or a pet? Or even some minor cosmetic headpiece?

Chyeah, like fuck they did.
    You mean, Blizzard didn't fold to the whiny entitlement babies who think they deserve to be given something every year?

Jesus, this thread is pathetic. Frankly, I don't give a damn what they give me for their anniversary or whether or not its useful to me. I want new content, new raids, new quests. I don't give a shit about some tabard and exp boost they give once a year.

Of all the things Blizzard does that people complain about, this is by far the most asinine. I mean fine, complain about mages in PvP or how hard X boss is, that shit's actually important to the game but I don't understand why people give such a shit about some inconsequential anniversary gift!

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Ive spent close to 2,000 dollars on this game.
    My god, I just realized I've dropped over a grand on this game. ONE GAME.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Then don't play it. Problem solved.

But no pet, like the last couple of years, is suddenly a "lack of progressive content"?
    I've never argued for 'pets'. I've always been making the criticism that the 9% exp boost was lackluster. I feel that the anniversary should be celebrated in a more lively and integrated way. Something to remember the anniversaries for. It ties in to content being provided. I came back with the 10 day trial to see that aside from Pandaria being there, pretty much everything was the same as when I left it. I came back during Brewfest, and the new items were at least something I can remember coming back for.

Anniversary though? I'll guess I'll have this conversation to remember :/

It's difficult to formulate constructive criticism when people just lump it in with 'bitching'. If Blizzard wants to celebrate the Anniversary, I think they should make it worth celebrating. What we're getting just feels half-assed. I think they could have done better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    You also probably saved more on playing this one game over 9 yrs than on new consoles and 10-hr games.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-20 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Is that all?
    No child these days ever gets to hear those all-important, character building words: "You lost, Bobby! You lost, you're a loser, Bobby!" They miss out on that. You know what they tell a kid who lost these days? "You were the last winner." A lot of these kids never get to hear the truth about themselves until they're in their twenties. When their boss calls them in and says "Bobby, clean the shit out of your desk and get the fuck out of here, you're a loser."

Lets try seeing this in reverse. How many people work? What is happening? It is an exchange of service for goods. You, as an employee, is selling your service, to a company, who in turns buys this time in the form of goods. Money.

The company has been buying your service for a year. At the end of the year, should the company be rewarded with a free gift from you, for having been loyal in buying your service for a year?

I know people who are self employed who regularly sends small gifts, nothing major, to their clients as a thank you during Christmas. A contracted employee is doing the same except we only have one customer and have a long term contract. Yet we do not need to thank our employers during Christmas or yearly anniversary.

Interesting perspective.

Yes, I know there are people who do extra overtime without being paid. I also know people who are straight 9-5. So lets not get into the "I do unpaid overtime so that is my free gift to the company."

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Lets try seeing this in reverse. How many people work? What is happening? It is an exchange of service for goods. You, as an employee, is selling your service, to a company, who in turns buys this time in the form of goods. Money.

The company has been buying your service for a year. At the end of the year, should the company be rewarded with a free gift from you, for having been loyal in buying your service for a year?

I know people who are self employed who regularly sends small gifts, nothing major, to their clients as a thank you during Christmas. A contracted employee is doing the same except we only have one customer and have a long term contract. Yet we do not need to thank our employers during Christmas or yearly anniversary.

Interesting perspective.

Yes, I know there are people who do extra overtime without being paid. I also know people who are straight 9-5. So lets not get into the "I do unpaid overtime so that is my free gift to the company."
    And I know many more companies who don't do squat for thank yous to their paying customers, nobody is entitled to anything, would it be nice? Sure. But am I going to pitch a tantrum because I didn't get a pet or a mount I will hardly use? No.
    No child these days ever gets to hear those all-important, character building words: "You lost, Bobby! You lost, you're a loser, Bobby!" They miss out on that. You know what they tell a kid who lost these days? "You were the last winner." A lot of these kids never get to hear the truth about themselves until they're in their twenties. When their boss calls them in and says "Bobby, clean the shit out of your desk and get the fuck out of here, you're a loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    And I know many more companies who don't do squat for thank yous to their paying customers, nobody is entitled to anything, would it be nice? Sure. But am I going to pitch a tantrum because I didn't get a pet or a mount I will hardly use? No.
    That is what I find baffling. People are complaining about a free gift. A present.

If someone gave me a present, I would be happy.

Instead you're berating people who feel they should deserve better from a brand they support.

Are people really still complaining about this? For an MMO a (almost) 10% rep boost is nice. Match it with the thanksgiving one and get +19% rep gains.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Instead you're berating people who feel they should deserve better from a brand they support.
    Yea so crazy that people dont like entitlement...

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Are people really still complaining about this? For an MMO a (almost) 10% rep boost is nice. Match it with the thanksgiving one and get +19% rep gains.
    And heirlooms are going to be made account wide in an upcoming patch, which is a bigger bonus and not even tied to an event. I just don't see any cause for celebration for this anniversary. 10th anniversary, they'll prolly do something major and huge, just like they did for year 5.

Timeless Isles is the last big update we're going to get till 6.0. You under a rock?

I still have so much to do I won't even finish half of it before 6.0.

Pets I want to collect and level. Mounts I still want. transmog items I'v been looking at. Hell I haven't even really attempted the new proving grounds or the brawlers guild.

I've never had trouble finding things to do in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I still have so much to do I won't even finish half of it before 6.0.

Pets I want to collect and level. Mounts I still want. transmog items I'v been looking at. Hell I haven't even really attempted the new proving grounds or the brawlers guild.

I've never had trouble finding things to do in this game.
    My response was directly to the statement that there was new content added all the time. It's good to hear you still enjoy the game, but from what Blizzard has even stated, there is not going to be any content patches till 6.0. The most we can expect are updates to the holidays, and maybe some quality of life changes to prep for 6.0. We're looking at a possible 4+ month deadzone.

If people are going to bitch either way why bother? Blizzard seems to be of the mindset "Damned if we do, damned if we don't" and I can't blame them, their players are the most miserable ungrateful self entitled brats out there, and yes I am including myself because of my stance on LFR and all the cross realm stuff. Quite honestly I am surprised Blizzard hasn't issued a statement basically saying "Go screw yourselves we are doing what we want, either you like it or you don't"
    That's probably why they stopped after two pets, it wasn't enough so why bother.

Another thing that bugs me about demanding anniversary gifts. I've been playing since launch day, but not 100% of the time and I think I got about 5 anniversary gifts. Simply because I wasn't subbed during the 2 magical weeks at the time I missed out on gifts. Hows that for fair?

If you simply -have- to get a reward it should be for time played or something. Which is still ridiculous if you ask me.
    Are you my mommy?

You have a very rich aunt or something, each year she gives you $1000, for several years, but then suddenly she gives you $10 instead. Sure, it is free $10, but you would get a bit disapointed, wouldnt you?
    Currently playing: Wildstar Online
    Jack Hearts, SGC Swedish Exiles, Ascendency (PvE-EU)

Proud member of Swedish MMO gaming community "Swedish Game Corner"

Quote Originally Posted by Gozzu View Post
    Im pretty fucking mad that it's only temporary yeah. I've subbed since the game got released, and most other games actually do reward veterans now and then.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't get shit free. I've payed for this game since it got released, and honestly, most companies do reward loyal customers now and then.
    I shouldn't be happy that i can sub, they should praise all of us because we've bought the game.
    Quoted for fucking truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You can change parents to a good friend.
    You think Blizzard is your friend? LOL They're a billion dollar corporation. Dude... I'm seriously concerned for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JackHeart View Post
    You have a very rich aunt or something, each year she gives you $1000, for several years, but then suddenly she gives you $10 instead. Sure, it is free $10, but you would get a bit disapointed, wouldnt you?
    Also keep in mind in your analogy you'd also give your aunt a present on her birthday, but it would be millions and millions of dollars. Blizzard makes a TON of cash off this game, their anniversary is basically our anniversary. Without us they are NOTHING. Like if this game was free I'd be right there with the fanboys. However the game isn't free. Its a billion dollar industry in and of itself.

Because it is a slap in the face. They used to give out pets. Some cool pets. Now we get a Tabard. That does not even last for ever, with only 9% xp or rep. Before in time Blizzard would give out thise amazing pets. now we get a 9% xp buff for a week and we can buy the new Pet on the game store. Men hey buiness is buiness, And if people are happy with Shit, why would they waste income on a cool pet
    (i am 20 and dyslexic so yes i suck at spelling)

don't lie OP. they gave you that brown lipstick

And heirlooms are going to be made account wide in an upcoming patch, which is a bigger bonus and not even tied to an event. I just don't see any cause for celebration for this anniversary. 10th anniversary, they'll prolly do something major and huge, just like they did for year 5.
    Don't forget that it's also warcraft's 25 year anniversary (we got the Blizzard Bear for the 20th). So that's still a pretty big anniversary tbh. ALthough I guess they want to make the 10th more special rather then just making 2 special anniversaries in a row.

A little store pet wouldnt hurt anyone. Having a large number of max level characters and >90% of reputations at exalted the item they gave is useless to me. Not to be the one acting like a spoiled kid I don't expect anything and I don't whine on the forums about it. But a little free pet would have been amazing like the onyxia whelp or the blizzard bear. That were good times.

Something unique or even just.. different would of been nice. The same shit like 3 years in a row is really lame. Would of preferred some effort put into the mail instead of having to delete garbage on each toon. They don't have to do anything, but it is the same pile of junk that many people have been disappointed over. Not a big deal, but if it wasn't obvious; lame gift is lame. That said the FoS is nice to have, but I've seen several people resub to see what cool new anniversary gift they would receive.

(Some Ideas that wouldn't kill them: 1-7 free days of game time. Recolored Tabard. Yet another recolored pet. etc)

This one time at Brand Camp, I got Singed.