Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by jaystea View Post
    Meanwhile in FFXIV realm reborn, they thank players by giving them something for every month they subscribe. Still a game I wouldn't recommend to people though.

    But seriously, blizzard hasn't given a pet in their anniversaries in the past 4-5 years. We may not like it, but it's the standard now.
    Yeah, that's called bait pal.

    Once they hit a comfortable number, they'd stop doing that.

  2. #162
    Over 9000! Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    9,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    It's an indirect slap in the face when you consider what they used to give you and where all that same content is now. That's the difference. If you want those special pets, you should be RAFing, buying a Virtual Ticket or getting em at the pet store. Stick with em for 9 yrs? "Thank you!"

    It hits the hardest when you consider that the company is being compared to itself 4-5 years ago. Customer appreciation should be going up, not maintaining mediocrity. But hey, if we're all fine with that no one would be complaining, right?
    You can't compare the Blizz store to customer appreciation on their anniversary. The Blizz store isn't there to say "thanks for being a customer". It's there for them to make money. They also sell items to help raise money for special causes.

    No where did Blizz say that they would be rewarding you for staying with them every year. They just decided to do it one year. They know the anniversary gifts and thank you aren't going to keep you playing WoW, it's just something to say "Thanks". That's it.
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2013-11-19 at 11:01 PM.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Around the same time it became "greedy" to keep what you earn, whereas the people who take it from you by force with their politician middlemen are the "poor victims".

    In our culture greed runs rampant. Most people will always want more and won't put much thought into the justification.
    cept you're PAYING them $15/month -_-

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Yeah, that's called bait pal.

    Once they hit a comfortable number, they'd stop doing that.
    Maybe, but only time will tell. They already have plans for new rewards for the next 3 months

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    cept you're PAYING them $15/month -_-
    You're paying for a service.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    You're paying for a service.
    A service which provides content. If you're not getting the same satisfaction in your content now as you did before, you would have reason to voice disappointment.

    In this case, Blizzard hasn't stopped the gift of giving. They're just giving something mediocre, as expected by the past few years of mediocrity. And there are people advocating that mediocrity should be acceptable because it's expected.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-19 at 10:59 PM.

  7. #167
    Every time I hear people say "BLIZZARD STOPPED DOING PETS BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO BUSY CHURNING THEM OUT FOR THE SHOP", I have to lol. You know how many pets there are? 10. In 4 years. That's just over 2 per year. Apparently that's "churning pets out".
    Last edited by Waniou; 2013-11-19 at 11:01 PM. Reason: I CAN SPEEL RAL GUD

  8. #168
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    A service which provides content. If you're not getting the same satisfaction in your content now as you did before, you would have reason to voice disappointment.

    In this case, Blizzard hasn't stopped the gift of giving. They're just giving something mediocre, as expected by the past few years of mediocrity. And there are people advocating that mediocrity should be acceptable because it's expected.
    Vote with your wallet then

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    Every time I hear people say "BLIZZARD STOPPED DOING PETS BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO BUSY CHURNING THEM OUT FOR THE SHOP", I have to lol. You know how many pets there are? 10. In 4 years. That's just over 2 per year. Apparently that's "churning pets out".
    That's fine, until you consider their reasons for not having new pets for the anniversary is because they don't have time to create the pets, which are given... once a year. Again, it's principle.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Vote with your wallet then
    I'm not currently subbed nor do I own Mists of Pandaria. It has nothing to do with pets or lackthereof. It's a matter of voicing discontent.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-19 at 11:06 PM.

  10. #170
    Bloodsail Admiral Sykol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    Every time I hear people say "BLIZZARD STOPPED DOING PETS BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO BUSY CHURNING THEM OUT FOR THE SHOP", I have to lol. You know how many pets there are? 10. In 4 years. That's just over 2 per year. Apparently that's "churning pets out".
    Also five mounts and three helms, bringing that to a grand total of 18 in-game items, not to mention the two pets that came with the plushies. So 20 items in four years. That's five things a year put on the store, which is "churning them out" when we're told they don't have time to make anything extra.
    Unfairly deleted signatures. Unfairly deleted signatures everywhere.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    A service which provides content. If you're not getting the same satisfaction in your content now as you did before, you would have reason to voice disappointment.

    In this case, Blizzard hasn't stopped the gift of giving. They're just giving something mediocre, as expected by the past few years of mediocrity. And there are people advocating that mediocrity should be acceptable because it's expected.
    When you subscribe to wow, you're not paying for the right to constant content updates in the form of pets. You're paying for access to the server, no more, no less.

  12. #172
    Over 9000! Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    9,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    That's fine, until you consider their reasons for not having new pets for the anniversary is because they don't have time to create the pets, which are given... once a year. Again, it's principle.
    Is there a Blue Post from them saying that the reason they stopped giving the pets every year on their anniversary is due to lack of time?

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Also five mounts and three helms, bringing that to a grand total of 18 in-game items, not to mention the two pets that came with the plushies. So 20 items in four years. That's five things a year put on the store, which is "churning them out" when we're told they don't have time to make anything extra.
    People aren't mentioning those other items though, they're talking specifically about pets.

    And I thought they said that the reason behind stopping doing the pets was that they only ever were going to do the 2 as a sort of one-off thing. Twice. I'm sure they absolutely could add in more pets if they wanted to, but they were never intended to set a precedent. People are making that up themselves.

  14. #174
    I pretty sure

    If they gave pets, some will complain about it because it is useless and serves no purpose and asks for a mount.
    If they gave mounts, unless it is unique, some will it is simple reskin and asks for an event.
    If they gave an event, unless it is major world event, some will complain it being boring and waste of time.
    If they gave an major world event, some will complain why waste time on one off temporary content instead of focusing on the next xp.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I'm not currently subbed nor do I own Mists of Pandaria. It has nothing to do with pets or lackthereof. It's a matter of voicing discontent.
    Why are you posting then?

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    When you subscribe to wow, you're not paying for the right to constant content updates in the form of pets. You're paying for access to the server, no more, no less.
    And that's where incentives and bonuses come in to sweeten the deal, to give back something to customers who have been loyal to the brand. When the incentives are not appealing, then do you still feel like you're treated like a loyal customer? Again, it's principle. I don't care about pets, but it's simple to take a look at what they've done to promote the anniversary in the past (Onyxia event + pet) and what they're doing now (9% boost and 'Thanks!').

    It would be the same as saying 'man, this years Brewfest sucks, it's the same as last year'. Just because mediocrity is expected doesn't make it suck any less.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    Every time I hear people say "BLIZZARD STOPPED DOING PETS BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO BUSY CHURNING THEM OUT FOR THE SHOP", I have to lol. You know how many pest there are? 10. In 4 years. That's just over 2 per year. Apparently that's "churning pets out".
    Imagine that instead of making 2 per year for the store, they just made 1 per year for the anniversary. How many more subs for the month of Nov would they get? And how many extra months would people stay subbed if they felt blizzard did things for them out of the kindness of their hearts.

    Getting a quick fix of 10 bucks in the short run x 7+ million may seem appealing to blizzard (which i doubt they even get) , but that 15 for 1 month from 5 million that arnt subbed anymore sounds just as inticing, especialy if people feel such goodwill and or lazyness to keep subbed through dec because of the holidays from nov thru dec.

    Blizzard hits 2 birds with 1 stone. It amazes me how companies still treat things as "Reducing lost revenue" rather than "How can we increase revenue." . My old job use to have angry suits every time there was a big sale on a product, because they enjoyed that 90% profit per item. Totally ignoring the fact that they pushed 3x as many units during the sales. Sell 1 unit for 20 and make 18 in profit, or sell 3 units for 42 and make 36 in profit.

    Good will can be ever as affective as a discount.

  18. #178
    Over 9000! Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    9,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    And that's where incentives and bonuses come in to sweeten the deal, to give back something to customers who have been loyal to the brand. When the incentives are not appealing, then do you still feel like you're treated like a loyal customer? Again, it's principle. I don't care about pets, but it's simple to take a look at what they've done to promote the anniversary in the past (Onyxia event + pet) and what they're doing now (9% boost and 'Thanks!').

    It would be the same as saying 'man, this years Brewfest sucks, it's the same as last year'. Just because mediocrity is expected doesn't make it suck any less.
    Where's the Blue Post saying they wouldn't be giving out pets every Anniversary due to lack of time? You said that was the reason why they don't make them.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    A service which provides content. If you're not getting the same satisfaction in your content now as you did before, you would have reason to voice disappointment.

    In this case, Blizzard hasn't stopped the gift of giving. They're just giving something mediocre, as expected by the past few years of mediocrity. And there are people advocating that mediocrity should be acceptable because it's expected.
    Except that you are not complaining about the service. You are complaining about a freebie. You think it is your right to complain about a freebie?

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    And that's where incentives and bonuses come in to sweeten the deal, to give back something to customers who have been loyal to the brand. When the incentives are not appealing, then do you still feel like you're treated like a loyal customer? Again, it's principle. I don't care about pets, but it's simple to take a look at what they've done to promote the anniversary in the past (Onyxia event + pet) and what they're doing now (9% boost and 'Thanks!').

    It would be the same as saying 'man, this years Brewfest sucks, it's the same as last year'. Just because mediocrity is expected doesn't make it suck any less.
    Faster leveling for my alts is a much larger incentive than a polar bear I never bring out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •