Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I also said a cable company, which is a service you use for entrainment and not a necessity.
    Cable companies have been shitting on customers for years and look where it's gotten them. But also, again, totally different thing. There are three major companies in Canada, and I'm assuming about as many in the States. That gives a slight monopoly to those companies, especially with area coverage, channel selection, et cetera. WoW, despite being way bigger than any of its competition, cannot maintain that sort of death grip on its consumer base. It can't offer more HD channels or free movies, and it can't control specific areas of the country to the point that you wouldn't be able to access more than two or three others MMOs if you wanted to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Customer appreciation is not the same as "I demand free stuff! Now!"
    It's also definitely not loading the store up with vanity items and then saying they take too long to develop so nothing again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    They gave out pets before and people (like me) log in every year expecting them to do it again and are disappointed. If they never gave out the pets before I don't think anybody would be complaining about the temporary tabard.
    Do you complain that you don't get a goodie bag from parties/birthdays when you leave and you're older now?

That's your logic.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    whats worse complaining about not getting something especially nice or complaining about ppl who are complaining?

This topic always comes up like clockwork; you'd think by the third year people would've understood getting a pet wasn't going to be a yearly thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lokinrond713 View Post
    whats worse complaining about not getting something especially nice or complaining about ppl who are complaining?
    Complaining about the people complaining about the people complaining about the complaining, etc., don't go there.

Then let's make it simple: It's their birthday, not yours. You are not getting gifts.
    Just like I do not get a gift from my ISP where we have been a customer for 15 years, or any of the other subscriptions I have running.

Customer appreciation is saying 'thank you' to the customer.
    It's not up to the customer to decide HOW they should say that.
    Who's responsible for the anniversary? It's as much ours, being loyal customers that kept the game alive and thriving, as it is theirs.

Also, my cable argument applies to ISPs, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Again:

"And WoW did do customer appreciation. They said Thank you and gave you extra xp %... Lol, oh, that's right...it wasn't up to par with the pets. Not worthy!"
    For the record, I don't give a shit about pets. I give all of mine to my wife. However, when you're given nothing and told it's something, that doesn't make it so. A 9% XP and rep gain at the tail end of an expansion is, more or less, nothing.

I said before, a vanity item or anything to show they put some sort of effort into customer appreciation would be better than a worthless item we've been given a few times already.

Then let's make it simple: It's their birthday, not yours. You are not getting gifts.
    Just like I do not get a gift from my ISP where we have been a customer for 15 years, or any of the other subscriptions I have running.

Customer appreciation is saying 'thank you' to the customer.
    It's not up to the customer to decide HOW they should say that.
    No, the customer does not decide, but they can voice their discontent on what they're getting.

Just because you are satisfied with the situation doesn't mean everyone else is. If you don't understand it, then let it go, but don't be pretending this is something that sits well with everybody.

"Hey guys, we know you're going to be faced with another year of no-content, but keep up with us for the 10th Anniversary and maybe we'll give you another 10% exp boost to your alts"
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-19 at 10:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly when I seen the 9th anniversary it jus made me feel like shit. Wow you been playing this game for 9 years pal congrats! And even more years before that on Warcraft! Then I think to myself, all of this waz jus a waste of my fuckn time and they give me a 10% tabard that I can do nothing with on my lvl 90s. You could have at least made it sellable so I got 10g from it assholes.

15+ Year Old Account
    We have only gotten two pets, two of the years out of nine. There is no reason to bitch. The first 3 years we didnt get anything. I am very happy with the xp and rep boost. I plan on using it fully for the next two weeks to level my warlock and hunter and get my Insane title done.

And stop bringing up the Olympic pet. It wasn't from an anniversary.

9% XP is something to me, as well as the "Thank You". Also, costumer appreciation isn't defined by how big the gift is - just that you appreciate your customers.
    It's an indirect slap in the face when you consider what they used to give you and where all that same content is now. That's the difference. If you want those special pets, you should be RAFing, buying a Virtual Ticket or getting em at the pet store. Stick with em for 9 yrs? "Thank you!"

It hits the hardest when you consider that the company is being compared to itself 4-5 years ago. Customer appreciation should be going up, not maintaining mediocrity. But hey, if we're all fine with that no one would be complaining, right?

I really don't understand some of you and your logic.

"hurrrrrrr I deserve a pet or smt for YOUR celebration/birthday hurrrrrrrr"

*Blizzard caves in and gives you a pet*

Thanks!

Possible scenarios for those of you who do get it (because those of us who would get it and are fine with they way it is now seem to be the only sane people here).

1. You bitch about how it isn't a pet you wanted/like.
    2. You bitch about how you deserve a pet AND something else.
    3. You would've been one of the complainers, but then you get your pet, become happy, and then let it collect dust along with the majority of every other thing you got as a novelty item.

I was expecting a pet, like how people expect to see a cake on their birthday.

We got a 9% exp buff for 2 weeks....

Not a 10% either...you know...since blizzard likes doing things in 5s, but a random number like 9. You use a 9 when you want your product to seem cheaper than it really is. 9.99 rather than 10.00.

What about the people that dont need to level? Couldnt this have had 9% rep gained too? or 9% more gold from monsters included? or something just more substantial for everyone rather than just 9% xp.

2 weeks of "enjoying" 9% xp .....

I still can enjoy my Onyxia Whelpling.....
    I still can enjoy my Baby Blizzard Bear....
    .....after all these years.

They dont disappear after 2 weeks.

What do we have to remember the anniversary this year when its 3 years from now...or 10?

...and achievement thatll be lost in the thousands of other achievements in the UI panel.

Oh hey, since we talking about other peoples anniversaries too. We'll keep it in context of video games also....

Rift gave me 40% xp , favor, etc. bonuses. They created a carnival , with quests and rewards and all sorts of enjoyable content. It was....you know...an actual celebration.

Blizzard cant even be bothered to give out a pet this year (gotta save those resources for the store and/or expansion.....) , and just tossed out a single digit xp bonus and "achievement" . So no, its not about getting a "slap in the face" for "free" stuff, its about a joyous event being relegated to a lame E-Card. You would think a company thats so proud of itself and its franchise , would try and do a little SOMETHING for its anniversary. They put more work into a holiday that is only shared by a single country, and cant be bothered for a holiday that is shared by EVERYONE.

9% XP is something to me, as well as the "Thank You". Also, costumer appreciation isn't defined by how big the gift is - just that you appreciate your customers.
    Agreed wholeheartedly, and I'm glad you find use for the XP boost. But I honestly think that, for most players in WoW at this particular point, it's a useless gesture.

And it isn't just the anniversary not having a gift that irks people, in my opinion, but the fact that it's made to seem like giving us anything beyond that same item they've sent out time and time again would completely cripple development when they devote so much time to the store. That's what makes it seem like we're not appreciated. They have the time and resources to try and milk us at every possible opportunity, but not to show a little goodwill.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    It's an indirect slap in the face when you consider what they used to give you and where all that same content is now. That's the difference. If you want those special pets, you should be RAFing, buying a Virtual Ticket or getting em at the pet store. Stick with em for 9 yrs? "Thank you!"

It hits the hardest when you consider that the company is being compared to itself 4-5 years ago. Customer appreciation should be going up, not maintaining mediocrity. But hey, if we're all fine with that no one would be complaining, right?
    They spend more time than ever talking with the community, explaining their thought processes and giving out interviews to fansites/podcasts.

BUT I WANT A FREE PET THAT I'LL PROBABLY NEVER USE!!!!

Meanwhile in FFXIV realm reborn, they thank players by giving them something for every month they subscribe. Still a game I wouldn't recommend to people though.

But seriously, blizzard hasn't given a pet in their anniversaries in the past 4-5 years. We may not like it, but it's the standard now.

Around the same time it became "greedy" to keep what you earn, whereas the people who take it from you by force with their politician middlemen are the "poor victims".

In our culture greed runs rampant. Most people will always want more and won't put much thought into the justification.

Quote Originally Posted by jaystea View Post
    Meanwhile in FFXIV realm reborn, they thank players by giving them something for every month they subscribe. Still a game I wouldn't recommend to people though.

But seriously, blizzard hasn't given a pet in their anniversaries in the past 4-5 years. We may not like it, but it's the standard now.
    Yeah, that's called bait pal.

Once they hit a comfortable number, they'd stop doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Around the same time it became "greedy" to keep what you earn, whereas the people who take it from you by force with their politician middlemen are the "poor victims".

In our culture greed runs rampant. Most people will always want more and won't put much thought into the justification.
    cept you're PAYING them $15/month -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Yeah, that's called bait pal.

Once they hit a comfortable number, they'd stop doing that.
    Maybe, but only time will tell. They already have plans for new rewards for the next 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    cept you're PAYING them $15/month -_-
    You're paying for a service.

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    You're paying for a service.
    A service which provides content. If you're not getting the same satisfaction in your content now as you did before, you would have reason to voice disappointment.

In this case, Blizzard hasn't stopped the gift of giving. They're just giving something mediocre, as expected by the past few years of mediocrity. And there are people advocating that mediocrity should be acceptable because it's expected.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-19 at 10:59 PM.