Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Every time I hear people say "BLIZZARD STOPPED DOING PETS BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO BUSY CHURNING THEM OUT FOR THE SHOP", I have to lol. You know how many pets there are? 10. In 4 years. That's just over 2 per year. Apparently that's "churning pets out".
    Last edited by Waniou; 2013-11-19 at 11:01 PM. Reason: I CAN SPEEL RAL GUD

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    A service which provides content. If you're not getting the same satisfaction in your content now as you did before, you would have reason to voice disappointment.

In this case, Blizzard hasn't stopped the gift of giving. They're just giving something mediocre, as expected by the past few years of mediocrity. And there are people advocating that mediocrity should be acceptable because it's expected.
    Vote with your wallet then

Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    Every time I hear people say "BLIZZARD STOPPED DOING PETS BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO BUSY CHURNING THEM OUT FOR THE SHOP", I have to lol. You know how many pets there are? 10. In 4 years. That's just over 2 per year. Apparently that's "churning pets out".
    That's fine, until you consider their reasons for not having new pets for the anniversary is because they don't have time to create the pets, which are given... once a year. Again, it's principle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Vote with your wallet then
    I'm not currently subbed nor do I own Mists of Pandaria. It has nothing to do with pets or lackthereof. It's a matter of voicing discontent.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-19 at 11:06 PM.

Also five mounts and three helms, bringing that to a grand total of 18 in-game items, not to mention the two pets that came with the plushies. So 20 items in four years. That's five things a year put on the store, which is "churning them out" when we're told they don't have time to make anything extra.

A service which provides content. If you're not getting the same satisfaction in your content now as you did before, you would have reason to voice disappointment.

In this case, Blizzard hasn't stopped the gift of giving. They're just giving something mediocre, as expected by the past few years of mediocrity. And there are people advocating that mediocrity should be acceptable because it's expected.
    When you subscribe to wow, you're not paying for the right to constant content updates in the form of pets. You're paying for access to the server, no more, no less.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Also five mounts and three helms, bringing that to a grand total of 18 in-game items, not to mention the two pets that came with the plushies. So 20 items in four years. That's five things a year put on the store, which is "churning them out" when we're told they don't have time to make anything extra.
    People aren't mentioning those other items though, they're talking specifically about pets.

And I thought they said that the reason behind stopping doing the pets was that they only ever were going to do the 2 as a sort of one-off thing. Twice. I'm sure they absolutely could add in more pets if they wanted to, but they were never intended to set a precedent. People are making that up themselves.

I pretty sure

If they gave pets, some will complain about it because it is useless and serves no purpose and asks for a mount.
    If they gave mounts, unless it is unique, some will it is simple reskin and asks for an event.
    If they gave an event, unless it is major world event, some will complain it being boring and waste of time.
    If they gave an major world event, some will complain why waste time on one off temporary content instead of focusing on the next xp.

I'm not currently subbed nor do I own Mists of Pandaria. It has nothing to do with pets or lackthereof. It's a matter of voicing discontent.
    Why are you posting then?

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    When you subscribe to wow, you're not paying for the right to constant content updates in the form of pets. You're paying for access to the server, no more, no less.
    And that's where incentives and bonuses come in to sweeten the deal, to give back something to customers who have been loyal to the brand. When the incentives are not appealing, then do you still feel like you're treated like a loyal customer? Again, it's principle. I don't care about pets, but it's simple to take a look at what they've done to promote the anniversary in the past (Onyxia event + pet) and what they're doing now (9% boost and 'Thanks!').

It would be the same as saying 'man, this years Brewfest sucks, it's the same as last year'. Just because mediocrity is expected doesn't make it suck any less.

Every time I hear people say "BLIZZARD STOPPED DOING PETS BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO BUSY CHURNING THEM OUT FOR THE SHOP", I have to lol. You know how many pest there are? 10. In 4 years. That's just over 2 per year. Apparently that's "churning pets out".
    Imagine that instead of making 2 per year for the store, they just made 1 per year for the anniversary. How many more subs for the month of Nov would they get? And how many extra months would people stay subbed if they felt blizzard did things for them out of the kindness of their hearts.

Getting a quick fix of 10 bucks in the short run x 7+ million may seem appealing to blizzard (which i doubt they even get) , but that 15 for 1 month from 5 million that arnt subbed anymore sounds just as inticing, especialy if people feel such goodwill and or lazyness to keep subbed through dec because of the holidays from nov thru dec.

Blizzard hits 2 birds with 1 stone. It amazes me how companies still treat things as "Reducing lost revenue" rather than "How can we increase revenue." . My old job use to have angry suits every time there was a big sale on a product, because they enjoyed that 90% profit per item. Totally ignoring the fact that they pushed 3x as many units during the sales. Sell 1 unit for 20 and make 18 in profit, or sell 3 units for 42 and make 36 in profit.

Good will can be ever as affective as a discount.

Except that you are not complaining about the service. You are complaining about a freebie. You think it is your right to complain about a freebie?

And that's where incentives and bonuses come in to sweeten the deal, to give back something to customers who have been loyal to the brand. When the incentives are not appealing, then do you still feel like you're treated like a loyal customer? Again, it's principle. I don't care about pets, but it's simple to take a look at what they've done to promote the anniversary in the past (Onyxia event + pet) and what they're doing now (9% boost and 'Thanks!').

It would be the same as saying 'man, this years Brewfest sucks, it's the same as last year'. Just because mediocrity is expected doesn't make it suck any less.
    Faster leveling for my alts is a much larger incentive than a polar bear I never bring out.

Why are you posting then?
    Does it bother you that I am?

Just another Blizzard worshipper thread..

I'm just in a horrible mood I shouldn't be here tbh.
    Last edited by Funky Kong; 2013-11-19 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmo View Post
    Imagine that instead of making 2 per year for the store, they just made 1 per year for the anniversary. How many more subs for the month of Nov would they get? And how many extra months would people stay subbed if they felt blizzard did things for them out of the kindness of their hearts.

Getting a quick fix of 10 bucks in the short run x 7+ million may seem appealing to blizzard (which i doubt they even get) , but that 15 for 1 month from 5 million that arnt subbed anymore sounds just as inticing, especialy if people feel such goodwill and or lazyness to keep subbed through dec because of the holidays from nov thru dec.

Blizzard hits 2 birds with 1 stone. It amazes me how companies still treat things as "Reducing lost revenue" rather than "How can we increase revenue." . My old job use to have angry suits every time there was a big sale on a product, because they enjoyed that 90% profit per item. Totally ignoring the fact that they pushed 3x as many units during the sales. Sell 1 unit for 20 and make 18 in profit, or sell 3 units for 42 and make 36 in profit.

Good will can be ever as affective as a discount.
    I think you're hugely overestimating how many people would resub for the anniversary just for a pet.

But again. You're assuming that the only reason Blizzard isn't making pets for the anniversary is due to lack of time. Do keep in mind that, I believe both pets for the anniversary, already had models in game so they needed a tiny bit of coding, whereas the store pets are almost all unique models.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Except that you are not complaining about the service. You are complaining about a freebie. You think it is your right to complain about a freebie?
    It's my right to complain about anything I want. More importantly, it is my right to defend others in their right to complain about what they want whenever they want. It's an opinion, that's about it.

Does it bother you that I am?
    No, it just makes you wonder why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    A thank you for playing our game is not junk. This comment is where greedy and self entitlement comes into play, as mentioned in my previous post.
    What I consider putting forth some effort is obviously going to differ compared to you, and I'm not saying I demand an item or anything, it's just that the messages themselves, for both this year and the last two, have been extremely lackluster. I have the same issue with the holiday events. Aside from updating the item levels on gear, they've pretty much left them to rot.

I'm unsubbed because the content in the game is no longer relevant to me. I don't raid because my raiding friends no longer play. I would like to play for dungeons, but there are fewer dungeons in the game than ever before, replaced by the wholy inferior LFR system.

As someone who is a huge fan of Warcraft since the first RTS game, I am looking for reasons to come back. I'm waiting to see when would be a good time to pick up Mists and play catchup, if there are any big events that are worthy coming back to and participating in. I missed out on Gnomeregan/Echo Isles event when I took a break during Wrath, and it's one of my few regrets. Now, I have absolutely no interest in what's out or what's coming, since there's no 5.5 and it's going to be a pure wait until 6.0 hits.

So now you know why.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    My old boss has been with his company for almost 2 decades, they forgot to give him his anniversary ( for being in the company, not the company's ) gift one year. I dont remember the details, but basically he bought something nice for himself and it got charged to the company shortly afterwards. I believe there was a "How did you like your 'gift' ?" included.

That would be a good example for subscription anniversaries, like for Rift or FF14. A company anniversary is usually a big deal for companies, a great way to push brand recognition. They usually do big advertisements for the big milestones for everyone to enjoy (including customers), and even still do smaller events for everyone "in house". The employees dont "need" a special event, they get paid already, but its a celebration and it promotes good will and moral in the workplace. The same can be said or gaming communities, since theres such a push for us the "customers" to feel a part of the company and its product. Its not like we just buy a blender and go on with our lives, we are just as invested into the game/company as the employees are, including the suits.

An anniversary is about sharing a milestone, in celebration, with everyone involved. When the ones that one of the most involved ( the players ) , just get an E-Card in the mail (and/or temp trinket), it feels like a generic "thank you for working at xxxx..." card you get from most employers when your year is up. It feels "forced" , it doesnt feel at all humbling or genuine. Its entirely like when you hear "thank you for shopping at xxxx" from cashiers or others. You can tell the ones that are trying to be uplifting and genuine...and those that are just saying the line because it was "requested" of them to do it.