Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    i wish they gave at least once every two year one month of free gameplay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    They gave out pets before and people (like me) log in every year expecting them to do it again and are disappointed. If they never gave out the pets before I don't think anybody would be complaining about the temporary tabard.
    Especially now that we have battle pets. Sure, it wouldn't be an OP pet, but it's another pet! I actually forgot about getting pets until I saw this thread. Now... I want a pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish every time I bought a car from Honda, they would remember that I pay money for their product and give me a free lawnmower every few years.

I wish that every time I paid my credit card bill they would remember that I'm paying their bills and pay my bill for me every few years.

I wish Apple would realize how many phones I'd purchased and how quickly they go out of date and just buy me a new phone every few years.

I wish my weed dealer would realize how much weed I'd bought off him and just give me a free bag of weed every few years... wait this one actually happens.

The entitlement of some people in this thread is mind boggling. Be thankful they even continue to make the damn game.
    Obtuse and Obedient of Stormrage US

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    iirc, didn't they give a pet back during the 5th anniversary? They might as well include a mount on the 10th or make something special atleast...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post
    I wish every time I bought a car from Honda, they would remember that I pay money for their product and give me a free lawnmower every few years.
    If your paying monthly for a car, it means you got it on finance. Which is actually an optional service that they offer. You basically walked out of the lot with a car for free. I would say that counts as a gift.

I wish that every time I paid my credit card bill they would remember that I'm paying their bills and pay my bill for me every few years.
    Credit card companies offer benefits for long term users all the time. Next time your contract comes to an end, threaten to leave and see what you get.

I wish Apple would realize how many phones I'd purchased and how quickly they go out of date and just buy me a new phone every few years.
    Anytime I've had a broken Apple product, they have replaced it on site. I call that a reward for loyalty.

I don't think its a sense of entitlement, I think its more a sense of being unappreciated. If I had been subscribed (without breaks) since the beginning, I would expect some appreciation. You have been there through the hard times when all your friends are leaving because they are bored. Some months you might not play at all and you leave it ticking over just because. These are the people that deserve rewards for supporting blizzard. Not just some scheme to try and get people to come back, log in and get a gift.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Corporations celebrate anniversaries all the time. Not sure the workers ever really get anything other than an email or a piece of cake.
    Surely I will take a RL piece of cake right about now

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I love that response because it shows that you're assuming everyone who disagrees with your stance should quit.

I've been unsubbed since Cata and I still disagree with you.
    Everyone who does not feel a WoW sub is worth teh money SHOULD indeed quit, it's moronic to play and bitch on forums when you have the option to just not play. As for people who are already unsubbed and still go on the forum to bitch, I have nothing to offer in description of that behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    and Tigole has to return, recreate an entirely new tier of raids called 'original naxx hard', which take months to complete and it drops all legendaries, AND sends me an autographed hand written letter explaining why he's been gone for so long, what exactly they were doing over in titanville, and how he is begging for my forgiveness.

Only then will I be satisfied.

I play this game for 10+ hours a week, every week, for $15 a month. This is more value than I get from any other form of entertainment, I simply have no need to demand more when I get plenty as is, however I can definitely see why Rift would need to throw stuff at its subscribers who are still subscribed to the game after its been dead for 2 years now? They definitely don't have massive financial incentives to try and retain the few people who still play it. no sir.
    Uh, Rift is by NO means "dead." It has won many awards and it's playerbase, while not as big as WoW, has always been steady. In fact, since they went free, it's gone up a great deal.

The fact of the matter is, if you're going strictly by player loss, WoW is dying. It was at 12.5 million and is now below 8 million. I'd say losing over 25% of your player base isn't healthy. They could stand to make players feel more appreciated.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The years we got pets people complained about those too. It doesn't really matter what they do someone is going to gripe about it.

Deleted
    I just can't help but feel it's underwhelming when they set the bar with pets previously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I just can't help but feel it's underwhelming when they set the bar with pets previously.
    twice, that's it.........and people bitched about them.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Right, I'd be happy if they let us take some of the old pets which are now unobtainable (yes, that's called "recycling") as is.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spastic_Dreamer View Post
    Uh, Rift is by NO means "dead." It has won many awards and it's playerbase, while not as big as WoW, has always been steady. In fact, since they went free, it's gone up a great deal.

The fact of the matter is, if you're going strictly by player loss, WoW is dying. It was at 12.5 million and is now below 8 million. I'd say losing over 25% of your player base isn't healthy. They could stand to make players feel more appreciated.

How many server mergers did rift have? Thats steady to you?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Right, I'd be happy if they let us take some of the old pets which are now unobtainable (yes, that's called "recycling") as is.
    Then people would bitch about rehashed pets.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Oh I totally know they would, but I still think that's what a good deal would be.

That reminds me, I should send Blizz a christmas card this year. I'll just use an old card sent to me last year, just cross out my name and put Blizzard on it, should do the trick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because in the past they have given us free birthday toys to play with..it's not like they lack unreleased pets to give us...lil malygos, lil alextraza etc >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Oh I totally know they would, but I still think that's what a good deal would be.
    If people are going to bitch either way why bother? Blizzard seems to be of the mindset "Damned if we do, damned if we don't" and I can't blame them, their players are the most miserable ungrateful self entitled brats out there, and yes I am including myself because of my stance on LFR and all the cross realm stuff. Quite honestly I am surprised Blizzard hasn't issued a statement basically saying "Go screw yourselves we are doing what we want, either you like it or you don't"

What would have been cool was an item that gave 100% bonus rep and XP.

9% is pretty worthless, considering the only grind at 90 anyone really has left is Shao-hao, and 9% isn't enough to get me interested in the ~2000 mob grind. Oh well, hope next year has something cool, but I expect something terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Because people are obviously bitching because they got the Blizzard bear amirite?

What you're talking about is a completely different topic altogether. If you're going down the road of 'Blizzard shouldn't do it cuz everyone will bitch anyways' then we might as well not have any new content, cuz guess what? People will bitch about it. And apparantly, that's what you want and are satisfied with, and feel that everyone else should be content as well.