Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    How about mixed Alliance/Horde LFR and or auction houses.

    Hi guys,

    I've been reading a lot of blue posts lately about horde/alliance imbalance and the problems it creates on realms.
    I'm just wondering how people would feel about mixed LFR/LFD with Alliance and Horde.

    Truth be told, since WOTLK we've had the same endgoals.
    The whole Horde vs Alliance thing is nice for the storyline telling and PvP, but I see no reason why we can't go into SoO together with with a mixed group.

    It would shorten queues and it would fix the imbalance problem almost instantly. ( well PvE anyways )
    Furthermore people with different factions could actually play together.

    Same goes for shared auction houses.
    We've had some in the past ( not sure if gadgetzan still has or not ).
    Lore wise the goblins could have a neutral faction that runs all the auctions.

    What are your thoughts on this ?

  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    2,935
    AH is already there... Goblin AH..
    Dungeon groups with tank and healer from different factions will result in too many deaths..

  3. #3
    As mentioned, there already is a neutral AH. As for mixed faction LFR... the last thing wow needs is more focus on LFR.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    AH is already there... Goblin AH..
    Dungeon groups with tank and healer from different factions will result in too many deaths..

    I assume you mean the one is Gadgetzan and Booty bay.
    Those were never visited much.

    A shared AH from capital cities would result in a bigger buyers/sellers market.

    Also don't see the difference between healing a fellow horde warrior tank, or an alliance warrior tank, given the two have the same skill/gear.
    Should not matter tbh.

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    2,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindicatu View Post
    I assume you mean the one is Gadgetzan and Booty bay.
    Those were never visited much.
    Yes, those... And the one in Winterspring...
    Isn't there also one in Area 52??

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindicatu View Post
    Also don't see the difference between healing a fellow horde warrior tank, or an alliance warrior tank, given the two have the same skill/gear.
    Should not matter tbh.
    Maybe YOU don't, but a lot of people are very passionate about "their" faction..
    It's very likely a healer would let the tank die at e.g. 2% boss health, simply because he's the "wrong" faction, and then let the dps burn the boss down..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-11-19 at 11:07 AM.

  6. #6
    Mechagnome Nerdpride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil.
    Posts
    628
    I'd like this.
    Lorewise i think the war is pretty stupid atm. Specially because it seems Varian offered a truce to Vol'jin.

    In the end, the only way to Azeroth to stand against the Legion is to unite again. I'd love to see that happening.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.
    Flickr

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Yes, those... And the one in Winterspring...
    Isn't there also one in Area 52??

    Maybe YOU don't, but a lot of people are very passionate about "their" faction..
    It's very likely a healer would let the tank die at e.g. 2% boss health, simply because he's the "wrong" faction, and then let the dps burn the boss down..
    I understand there are neutral ah's ingame, but nobody goes there becasue it's just too much effort apparently.
    Turn it around and make the current nautral ah's horde/alliance only, and the main city ones neutral ah's.
    I really don't see how this could be a bad thing. Just a bigger market.

    You seriously think a healer would let a tank die at 2% bosshealth to go and screw the other over ?
    Tank gets the loot anyways, and if the healer keeps his obnoxious behaviour up, tank threatens to quit, healer gets booted.
    I think very few people would actually would run the risk of doing that.

    Even if it would be an issue, Blizz could make a mixed LFR option and a faction true LFR option.
    This way the faction geeks can still chose only to play with their side.

    Think in solutions m8, not in problems

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral Pencil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the fridge
    Posts
    1,115
    There's really no reason as to why Blizz can't make the Steamwheedle Cartel Auction houses more of a thing. If they were made the primary auction house it could do wonders for some servers.
    pencil is cool

  9. #9
    Pit Lord Azgraal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Unvanquished City of Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    2,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    I'd like this.
    Lorewise i think the war is pretty stupid atm. Specially because it seems Varian offered a truce to Vol'jin.

    In the end, the only way to Azeroth to stand against the Legion is to unite again. I'd love to see that happening.
    The day that happens this game's name loses its value. This is not World of Unioncraft.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    There's really no reason as to why Blizz can't make the Steamwheedle Cartel Auction houses more of a thing. If they were made the primary auction house it could do wonders for some servers.
    The other faction is supposed to be your enemy, not your business partner. And in regards of "doing wonders for some servers", give it some time, soon all poop realms will be connected, if you read the testimonies from people who play on realms already connected you'd see how happy they are with that solution from Blizzard.

    This game has always been about 2 enemy factions that sometimes join forces temporarily to defeat a greater evil. Take away that rivalry and you get an even more pointless pvp background and a lamer lore.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    The day that happens this game's name loses its value.
    If I'd get 10 gold for everytime someone uses that phrase I'd write a gold guide....

    Transmogrify : If Blizz makes this it will be the end of WoW.
    LFR : If Blizz makes this it will be the end of WoW.
    Pet battles : If Blizz makes this it will be the end of WoW.
    Panda's : If Blizz makes this it will be the end of WoW.
    Store bought mounts/pets : If Blizz makes this it will be the end of WoW.

    I can go on and on.

    If you give people a choice between a 10 min mixed LFR queue or an hour+ LFR queue with faction only. I'm willing to bet 90% of the players will chose the 10 minute option. Specially since LFR is viewed upon by a lot of players as a quick way to get geared of for normal raiding.

    I for one would love a change like this. Already paid for 2 realmtransfers from a dead realm to what's now a realm with sometimes a 15-20 minute queue before I can even log on. Both suck equally hard.
    Still have 4 lvl 90's parked on the dead realm. AH is dead, capital cities are empty, no pugs in trade chat.
    On the upside...easy pickings when it comes to finding rares

  11. #11
    AH might be a good idea - but whether or not it would improve LFR/LFD que times cant be said for sure. Imagine the other faction is just a unbalanced (DPS/Tank/heal whise) as your own...then you perhaps gain nothing...hell it might even increase que times. No one can know...

  12. #12
    Pandaren Monk Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    I'd like this.
    In the end, the only way to Azeroth to stand against the Legion is to unite again. I'd love to see that happening.
    I would love this to happen.

    The whole horde VS alliance war is now boring as hell. We play it for more than 15 years... Every war come to an end adn peace follows. Why can't it be the same here ? Endless war (and a pointless one too. They only fight for fighting there's no gain on any side) is boring.

    I would be crazy if blizzard take the rift road : on PVE server alliance and horde become friendly, each can visit opposite cities, they can raid together, guild together, etc. (PVP server staying as it is for gameplay reason, but peace being in lore).

    And before "omg it isn't world of warcraft anymore" : Warcraft shouldn't be about one endless conflict, but about azeroth's history. They can be a lot of threats coming and bloody war following. But it hasn't to always be blue VS red.

  13. #13
    Epic! Warlord Booty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Under your bed.
    Posts
    1,553
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Maybe YOU don't, but a lot of people are very passionate about "their" faction..
    It's very likely a healer would let the tank die at e.g. 2% boss health, simply because he's the "wrong" faction, and then let the dps burn the boss down..
    I run mostly healers... an Alliance wouldn't get heals from me. Also, to help prevent them getting heals, I wouldn't do any aoe heals or anything with a potential splash. I don't even like doing RBGs, since there is the potential for going again a Horde team.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Warcraft shouldn't be about one endless conflict.
    Yes, it should.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    I run mostly healers... an Alliance wouldn't get heals from me. Also, to help prevent them getting heals, I wouldn't do any aoe heals or anything with a potential splash. I don't even like doing RBGs, since there is the potential for going again a Horde team.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Yes, it should.

    It's because of people like you WoW can't have nice things. I mean seriously, grow the fuck up.

    IM NOY HEALING TANKS CUZ DE DA ENEMIES HERPDERP

  15. #15
    I am Murloc! Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On Board the Hate Train.
    Posts
    5,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    And before "omg it isn't world of warcraft anymore" : Warcraft shouldn't be about one endless conflict, but about azeroth's history. They can be a lot of threats coming and bloody war following. But it hasn't to always be blue VS red.
    Good thing you don't write the lore then! Blizzard has stated (Relatively recently) that at its core, Warcraft IS about red vs blue.

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer Keile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    3,729
    Personally, I wouldn't mind cross-faction LFD groups so long as the realms are all non-PVP realms. It could be interesting to see, and for the most part it could be considered a "enemy of my enemy is my friend....for now...." kinda deal. Alliance and Horde did it before in the past, and they can do it again.

    That and I have friends on both factions and would like to play with all at once D:
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

  17. #17
    I'm all for peace and playing together. Realm imbalances show that Alliance vs. Horde is pointless.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindicatu View Post
    Hi guys,

    I've been reading a lot of blue posts lately about horde/alliance imbalance and the problems it creates on realms.
    I'm just wondering how people would feel about mixed LFR/LFD with Alliance and Horde.

    Truth be told, since WOTLK we've had the same endgoals.
    The whole Horde vs Alliance thing is nice for the storyline telling and PvP, but I see no reason why we can't go into SoO together with with a mixed group.

    It would shorten queues and it would fix the imbalance problem almost instantly. ( well PvE anyways )
    Furthermore people with different factions could actually play together.

    Same goes for shared auction houses.
    We've had some in the past ( not sure if gadgetzan still has or not ).
    Lore wise the goblins could have a neutral faction that runs all the auctions.

    What are your thoughts on this ?
    LFR is crossrealm, and in PVE there's no faction imbalances, just low populations since the other faction doesn't matter. As far as AH, there is already a neutral AH, as many have stated already.

    As far as my personal taste, I don't want to be stuck with Humans on my faction. That's the entire reason I'm Horde to begin with is so I don't have to look at those ridiculous models/animatins. Get rid of the humans and yeah, I'd love a mix.

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer Keile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    3,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    As far as my personal taste, I don't want to be stuck with Humans on my faction. That's the entire reason I'm Horde to begin with is so I don't have to look at those ridiculous models/animatins. Get rid of the humans and yeah, I'd love a mix.
    It's the reason i faction changed...to get rid of the perma-wedgie run. Though, I do think that humans look awesome in plate......
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

  20. #20
    The AH in tanaris is as old as the game it self! I do wish the AH got a revamp and you had the option to sell cross faction (slightly higher fee and a check box option). That way you could make more profit or have more options to buy from.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •