Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    ... testing your hypothesis...
    as a test made a local poll to test the hypothesis. Granted MMO-C is a small population group, but it can be a good sample size if people are honest.

poll

10+ Year Old Account
    Started in 06 Vanilla not exactly the beginning but still Vanilla now did I raid .....nope got to 60 when BC was three weeks away so I was planning on how to level my then Blood Elf Paladin.Yes it is very sad to remember all the friends I have made years ago that are no longer there still a lot of good times though.
    Last edited by Shroud; 2013-11-21 at 02:10 AM.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    According the the polls on this forums 98% of people have played since classic. Yeah, right lol.

I have. Why? I love the game.
    a POLL I had up recently on this subject was more like 60% pre-bc, wtih another ~25% from bc. Almost none from cat/panda. I was pretty surprised. wasn't a biased question/poll option either. just expansion and calendar year you started in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    1. Easy to test. Can use information gained from a scan of the Armory if I was bothered to write the program. Sure it wouldn't be 100% accurate because it would be data based on Characters and not accounts, but it would give us ratios, which would infer the ratios of subscriptions.
    2. The numbers are based on a standard bell curve, which is a fairly accurate estimation of how things work with humans.
    3. My post is not at all contradictory, however my language skills fail at times. However my knowledge of sociology and psychology comes from years of study since I was a Psych major.

p.s. as for #1 how do you think the following sites gather their data.
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/realmstats.php
    http://wow.realmpop.com/
    i have theorized that realmpop accumulates enough specific data to be able to estimate western sub number changes. I think I wrote up some ideas on how they could do it when the site first appeared. There is definitely the ability to track overall toon activity changes/inactive/lapses/oops (6-months gone).
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.