Lockout when dropping from Heroic to Normal

Since I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere, can anyone answer yes/no to the following? My guild is ready for some heroics, but we may not be able to field 25 people every raid night for the next couple weeks due to Thanksgiving and other real life stuff.

1. Kill Immerseus on 25H. I can change difficulty to 25N and keep going. (99% sure I can.)

2. Kill Immerseus on 25H. I can change difficulty to 10H and keep going. (Pretty sure I can't.)

3. Kill Immerseus on 25H. I can change difficulty to 10N and keep going. (Not sure at all.)

4. Kill Immerseus on 25N. I can change difficulty to 25H and keep going. (Not sure again.)

5. Kill Immerseus on 25N. I can change difficulty to 10H and keep going. (Again, not sure.)

6. Kill Immerseus on 10H. I can change difficulty to 25H and keep going. (Pretty sure I can't.)

7. Kill Immerseus on 10H. I can change difficulty to 25N and keep going. (Not sure.)

8. Kill Immerseus on 10H. I can change difficulty to 10N and keep going. (99% sure I can.)

1. Yes
    2. No
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. Yes
    6. No
    7. Yes
    8. Yes

Basically, N -> H or H -> N will be possible, regardless of size. H -> (N) -> H (different size) will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephur View Post
    Since I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere, can anyone answer yes/no to the following? My guild is ready for some heroics, but we may not be able to field 25 people every raid night for the next couple weeks due to Thanksgiving and other real life stuff.

1. Kill Immerseus on 25H. I can change difficulty to 25N and keep going. (99% sure I can.)

2. Kill Immerseus on 25H. I can change difficulty to 10H and keep going. (Pretty sure I can't.)

3. Kill Immerseus on 25H. I can change difficulty to 10N and keep going. (Not sure at all.)

4. Kill Immerseus on 25N. I can change difficulty to 25H and keep going. (Not sure again.)

5. Kill Immerseus on 25N. I can change difficulty to 10H and keep going. (Again, not sure.)

6. Kill Immerseus on 10H. I can change difficulty to 25H and keep going. (Pretty sure I can't.)

7. Kill Immerseus on 10H. I can change difficulty to 25N and keep going. (Not sure.)

8. Kill Immerseus on 10H. I can change difficulty to 10N and keep going. (99% sure I can.)
    You are only not allowed to go from heroic to heroic of another raid size. You can go from heroic to normal of any size though.

1: Yes.
    2: No.
    3: Yes.
    4: Yes.
    5: Yes.
    6: No.
    7: Yes.
    8: Yes.

Basicly: No matter what you do, you can always turn any heroic ID into any normal ID (10, 25 to 10, 25 normal).
    As long as you have only done normal bosses, you can also decide on any heroic ID, but will then be locked to that specific heroic ID for the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephur View Post

1. Kill Immerseus on 25H. I can change difficulty to 25N and keep going. (99% sure I can.) You can.

2. Kill Immerseus on 25H. I can change difficulty to 10H and keep going. (Pretty sure I can't.) You can't.

3. Kill Immerseus on 25H. I can change difficulty to 10N and keep going. (Not sure at all.) You can.

4. Kill Immerseus on 25N. I can change difficulty to 25H and keep going. (Not sure again.) You can.

5. Kill Immerseus on 25N. I can change difficulty to 10H and keep going. (Again, not sure.) You'll have to zone out first, but you can.

6. Kill Immerseus on 10H. I can change difficulty to 25H and keep going. (Pretty sure I can't.) You can't.

7. Kill Immerseus on 10H. I can change difficulty to 25N and keep going. (Not sure.) You can.

8. Kill Immerseus on 10H. I can change difficulty to 10N and keep going. (99% sure I can.) You can.
    There you go.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I am in the same guild as Zephur. In the past (Firelands, for example), if we killed Shannox H25, we were not able to then move onward 10N or 10H, but rather only 25N or 25H. I remember believing this to be true in Dragon Soul, as well. Has Blizzard changed something since then?
    Last edited by Kroddish; 2013-11-19 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kroddish View Post
    I am in the same guild as Zephur. In the past (Firelands, for example), if we killed Shannox H25, we were not able to then move onward 10N or 10H, but rather only 25N or 25H. I remember believing this to be true in Dragon Soul, as well. Has Blizzard changed something since then?
    You would have been able to move down to 10 normal bit not 10 heroic. To do so you would have to have entire raid leave. Reset instance and change to 10 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathzero View Post
    You would have been able to move down to 10 normal bit not 10 heroic. To do so you would have to have entire raid leave. Reset instance and change to 10 man.
    This: You can never change raid sizes while you are still in the instance, only difficulties.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu