Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Build a nice mansion specifically tailored to my needs. This includes a nice Lain-style man cave. Then I could do with a private plane and sailing boat. Maybe buy a politician or two so I can pass/repeal a few laws

Donate 950 million to charity and space-science.
    Use the remaining 50 million for friends and family and just keeping enough to buy myself a nice little house, enough to pay rent until I die - and so forth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    Build a nice mansion specifically tailored to my needs. This includes a nice Lain-style man cave. Then I could do with a private plane and sailing boat. Maybe buy a politician or two so I can pass/repeal a few laws
    I think a lot of people in this thread don't understand how much a trillion dollars is - you could do everything you said for like, 10 million. Politicians are cheap, lots of them sell out for like $30,000. The really posh ones sell out for like $100,000.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Donate 950 million to charity and space-science.
    Use the remaining 50 million for friends and family and just keeping enough to buy myself a nice little house, enough to pay rent until I die - and so forth.
    That's the first Billion, 999 more Billions to go
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    That's the first Billion, 999 more Billions to go
    Oh right, I wasn't reading correctly as usual.
    Change that to 999,9 biiiiillion to charity/scientific research/space science.
    [edit] Oh and up the salery for lower/middle class workforce by atleast 300%
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2013-11-20 at 12:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I think a lot of people in this thread don't understand how much a trillion dollars is - you could do everything you said for like, 10 million. Politicians are cheap, lots of them sell out for like $30,000. The really posh ones sell out for like $100,000.
    I know, but unless I wanna buy a little country for myself, I don't see how spending this much within 6 weeks is possible.

Buy a bunch of Jordans. A bunch.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Deleted
    Buy all gamestudios and make them create stuff i like.
    Get my own country
    Build a fortess
    Share some with those that have proved worthy.
    Donate the rest to an offshore account so i can spend the rest later

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd build my own space station. On Mars. Move there forever and terraform it. #emperorofmyownplanet
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Pretty much any thing in my mind that I fancy. A lot of traveling with friends would ensue. Build my own space hotel.

A lot of people (myself included) are failing miserably at this challenge. Have you ever seen Brewster's Millions? (It's old, so probably not for most of you.) The challenge is to get rid of all the money in 1 and a half months. All of it. Consider the logistics of trying to not have any of it in your possession (not even 1 dollar) after 6 weeks.

For example, building a space station on Mars, the moon, etc, would take months or years to even begin, and probably decades to finish. Hell, just getting the contracts set up would probably take more than 6 weeks. Likewise, buying and defending a country would very likely prove impossible in that time as well. Just some food for thought.
    Last edited by Dendrek; 2013-11-20 at 08:05 PM.

Deleted
    I would probably buy some country, and make myself a president or king or fuhrer or something like that and I would rule the country to the brighter days!

I'd give every person over the age of 18 a check for ~$5,000 (rough napkin math here, but you get the idea.)

Talk about an economic stimulus, especially this time of year.

brewsters trillions.

I'd buy stuff that I could resell and make the money back, so I wouldn't be limited to a six week period of being rich. But aside from that loophole, I'd probably just buy myself, my family and close friends anything we want, and horde most of the rest. Any charities I gave to would be animal related. Maybe I would give a chunk of it to our military and police, just to make liberals whine about them getting more funds.

Deleted
    considering i seem to have an inability to feel happy id probably burn it in public.

I'd buy 1 trillion dollars worth of energy production and a US grid overhaul. Then use the money generated from the energy sales to fund the NSF+NIH well above their current funding levels of ~1% of our federal budget.

The catch with spending the money... once you write out a check to a contractor with a purpose who makes you a promise on what they'll do with it... it's gone. Totally counts (:

That being said... whoever is arguing that people are doing it wrong... the OP was asking "How did the government spend so much so quickly?" (even though they titled the thread otherwise)... and the answer was actually within the OP's quote, which was answered clearly on post 61 by whoever. To paraphrase, "900B was maturing US Savings Bonds."

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    Exploiting another country/continent (Africa works), Location: England, why am I not surprised?
    Good one

OT: I'd made a mofoking big skatepark, give lots to charity and buy some other fancy stuff

I would make my own house with the wickest over the top things. Such as state off the art water filtrasion plant just for my own property. Have my own gas station...

Then I would find many projects and ways to make the world better. Invest into things I belive inn.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

15+ Year Old Account
    Even though I commented on this already I felt like doing another.....place it all on BLACK.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I'd buy stuff that I could resell and make the money back, so I wouldn't be limited to a six week period of being rich. But aside from that loophole, I'd probably just buy myself, my family and close friends anything we want, and horde most of the rest. Any charities I gave to would be animal related. Maybe I would give a chunk of it to our military and police, just to make liberals whine about them getting more funds.
    You're a pretty hateful person. But at least you're honest about it. /highfive