Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Also, to the person saying Demon Hunters are way different from Warlocks in lore: I tend to disagree. Illidan became a Demon Hunter due to fighting the Burning Legion and studying them. Later he got 'gifts' from Sargeras personally, which made him understand demonic magic (like Immolation aura and such). And it was the Skull of Gul'dan (a Warlock... no, THE Warlock) that got him to learn Metamorphosis. If anything, Demon Hunters and Warlocks have a LOT in common, it would make perfect sense to make Demon Hunter the 4th Warlock spec.
    Illidan is a very special case, and it's difficult to use him as a shining example. It's the same way with using Thrall as the leading example for all Shaman, even though none wear plate armor or only use a single-handed Hammer.

Illidan is Illidan. Warlocks mimic his powers, but they are still Warlocks. A Necromancer who picks up a sword is not a Death Knight, as we know the Death Knights as former champions of the Scourge. Warlocks who simply use Demon Hunter spells are not Demon Hunters, and the training requires a ritual of permanence that can't be reversed. You can't implement new lore into the Warlock as a spec, that's not how specializations work. Specs are shared and common between all of its class, while Demon Hunters are identified as their own entities.

And no, Paladin as a 4th Priest spec wouldn't make sense because one uses Cloth and a Staff while the other Plate and a Hammer/Sword. At least Demon Hunters wear light armor like a Warlock, they would only need to tweak the visual of Robes on a Demon Hunter to show like a Vest.
    Demon Hunters use Warglaives and Dual Wield, which is well beyond what Warlocks use. You can't say Hammer/Sword is okay for Paladins to be separate then advocate Warlocks being able to use Warglaives in the next.

In the end this implementation would need some tweaks to keep everyone happy (you don't want a Demon Hunter wearing a robe and a staff for example), but it's still the easiest solution.
    Except not everyone is happy. The main people who want to play as a Demon Hunter would know they are just playing a Warlock who can use a Warglaive. If gameplay was the only thing we wanted, then we would have been content playing a Demonology Warlock. We still want Demon Hunters, and not as any part of the Warlock class.

Would you rather not have a totally new and interesting class instead of a class that needs "fixing" before it even exists to even have a spot in the current wow class universe?

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    This is the first good suggestion I've seen for this issue. I like it a lot.
    THank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    i like the idea and i have a secondary attachment idea.

why not make the fourth spec unlockable by a secret quest chain of sorts that leads to these trainers.

if you find the trainers in the wild they are hostile to you and just show as Name <Demon Hunter>
    if you are on the appropriate part of the quest chain they are not longer hostile and can teach you the spec.

unlockable fourth spec, demon hunter for warlocks....hmmmmm
    That would be cool too! Thanks for the constructive feedback :]

It might be a bit much, but I certainly love the idea of a Warlock tanking spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Bits View Post
    It might be a bit much, but I certainly love the idea of a Warlock tanking spec.
    A lot of people think warlocks need a tanking spec, which is why I decided to address that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    THank you!

- - - Updated - - -

That would be cool too! Thanks for the constructive feedback :]
    go ahead and steal it ifn ya want.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    lore wise they are different

Sure. But that's also irrelvant. Lore wise, an Arms warrior and a Fury warrior are different. As are Shadow and Holy Priests.

and they would game wise they would be different.
    Sure. They'd be about as different as any other Warlock spec.

THEY MAKE NO SENSE AS A 4TH SPEC FOR WARLOCKS. they only share 2 abilities and 1 of them the stole and immolation for demon hunters is a flame damage aura not a DOT.
    A class with the same theme, look and flavor as Warlocks, exploring many of the same concepts and ideas is not going to be developed as a separate standalone class. The only objection player have to the idea is they don't like it. There is no lore or gameplay based objection to it. Why?

Because gameplay wise, Blizzard has effectively merged the classes already. Lore wise....lore is irrelevant and existing classes and specs have greater differences in lore. Meanwhile character motivation is not going to be handled by a class restriction. Just as it isn't limited by racial choice.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-11-21 at 01:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Sure. But that's also irrelvant. Lore wiese, an Arms warrior and a Fury warrior are different. As are Shadow and Holy Priests.

Sure. They'd be baout as different as any other Warlock spec.

A class with the same theme, look and flavor as Warlocks, exploring many of the same concepts and ideas is not going to be developed as a separate standalone class. The only objection player have to the idea is they don't like it. There is no lore or gameplay based objection to it. Why?

Because gameply wise, Blizzard has effectively merged the classes already. Lore wise....lore is irrelevant and existing classes and specs have greaters differences in lore. Meanwhile character motivation is not going to be handled by a class restriction. Just as it isn't limited by racial choice.

EJL
    demon hunters would be their own class with Melee dual wield tank spec/melee dual wield dps spec/either a ranged or caster dps spec.
    [/QUOTE]

I couldn't have said this better myself.

Deleted
    Honestly ?
    Warlocks should never be the demon hunter spec, and the Warlock tanking spec should never be spoke of again.
    We are Ranged Pure DPS. Having us suddenly being able to do melee would require us either using Leather or Mail Armor which would mean all sorts of conflicts over loot.

There is also the following points

1- http://www.wowwiki.com/Demon_Hunter
    Quote "Demon Hunters are dark, shadowy warriors who are shunned by greater society."
    if anything it would be more suitable for Warriors to be demon hunters

2 - http://www.wowwiki.com/Demon_Hunter
    Quote "Any race can become a demon hunter, though almost all demon hunters today are night elves"
    Any race can become a demon hunter, Think about that for a second.
    Warlocks can only be Gnome, Human, Worgen, Dwarf, Blood Elf, Undead, Goblin, Orc, or Troll Races.
    For a Demon hunter to be a Warlock Spec then you would need to open it up to Tauren, Panderan, Draenai. All of these have strong lore reasons for not allowing Warlocks in their ranks. However Every race allows Warriors, Which again Leads to point 1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Would you rather not have a totally new and interesting class instead of a class that needs "fixing" before it even exists to even have a spot in the current wow class universe?
    Not sure I understand what you're trying to say here.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    Not sure I understand what you're trying to say here.
    He's saying he wants to see something new instead of a class concept that has problems that need fixing (Topic = Solution for the Demon Hunter/Warlock Problem).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    He's saying he wants to see something new instead of a class concept that has problems that need fixing (Topic = Solution for the Demon Hunter/Warlock Problem).
    Ahh well it's less a problem with the class itself and more a solution to a problem the playerbase has been having for years about how and whether or not to incorporate a demon hunter class. It also helps diversify the warlock role by actually letting them USE their tanking abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    "we have too many DPS specs already"

That's definitely up for debate.
    Until they introduce a class that CANNOT dps I don't think it's debatable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mage of Rage View Post
    Exactly. We're overflowed with dps.

I think Demon Hunters should be a Hero Class like the Death Knights, because a lot of lore could go into their starting zone. For instance, it is tradition to cut or burn your own eyes out as a Demon Hunter to entrap demonic essence within the body. Also, who wouldn't love to have those tattoos as a skin option? Furthermore, Demon Hunters, as a melee class, shouldn't wear cloth armor, but instead wear leather. Besides, why should Warlocks get this spec when Night elves can't even become Warlocks? No sense (and Night elves should not get the Warlock class, just saying)!

This is how I see it:

Demon Hunter specs would be Arcane (Melee DPS), Pyro (Melee Tank), Chaos (Melee DPS). Their abilities are similar to that of Warlocks, allowing them to steal health. They can deplete their own mana to increase the strength of their melee attacks. They only dual wield swords. Their attacks do extra damage to demons. Though rare, all races would get this class. Start at level 55. Etc., etc.
    Last edited by cmats4020; 2013-11-21 at 05:25 AM.

Why not make a 4th spec for Hunters called Demon. Demon Hunter...oh my god.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    its not a solution. warlocks do not need to tank.
    demon hunter would be its own class.
    Because nobody wants warlock tanks, right...
    And more tanks = faster queues = bad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mage of Rage View Post
    And why would people even play a class that can't spec dps for solo content?
    Soloing raids as tank is one thing, soloing brawler's guild(without being overgeared) is completely different

Only solution to the too many dps problem is to make tanking and healing more fun and start giving people 2 years cooldown for queuing for LFD/LFR if they act like complete retards and blame tanks/healers for their own mistakes
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    "we have too many DPS specs already"

That's definitely up for debate.

I don't give a flying hoot what they do with warlocks, apart from this: Either let them queue as tanks, or remove their tanking abilities.
    A couple of things.

Long Term Warlock Player and long time fan of Illidan Stormrage, technically he was a Warlock (Arcanist Mage who learned the powers of demons) who went all melee.

So yes I would love to see Demon Hunters as either the Full Class or the 4th Spec of Warlocks, With a lean towards a mail wearing hero class. But if Blizzard finally let me fully tank as a Demon Hunter Warlock, I would be tickled Pink, since I have been Off Tanking as a warlock since AQ.

As to the comment I am quoting, oh hells no. Add yes, take away No, it is core to the Demonology Philosophy to be able to Off tank in the case of an Emergency, More than once I have been the one that stopped the party wipe because I could tank for the needed amount of time to down the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Because nobody wants warlock tanks, right...
    And more tanks = faster queues = bad

- - - Updated - - -

And why would people even play a class that can't spec dps for solo content?
    Soloing raids as tank is one thing, soloing brawler's guild(without being overgeared) is completely different

Only solution to the too many dps problem is to make tanking and healing more fun and start giving people 2 years cooldown for queuing for LFD/LFR if they act like complete retards and blame tanks/healers for their own mistakes
    you are an idiot if you think giving warlocks a tanking spec will add more tanks. when people stop treating tanks like shit then more people will que up as tanks. that is why there is a shortage. i said WARLOCKS DO NOT NEED TO TANK. the people wanting them need to shut up. blizzard has already said no.

this is not a solution. its an insult to people wanting demon hunters.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor