Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    To be fair I stated the night before was a bad night, last night we had maybe 1-2 P1 wipes. We are now wiping at about the 20-30% P2 mark, even when 2 healing we hit 3 intermissions. Everyone is doing their job the warlock was not even the reason we were wiping in P1 the night of those logs our tank was just flopping from his own errors that he corrected last night.

This post is not meant for you to bash my lock but rather clue me in on some tips I can give him in game. I am not asking for his dps to magically raise by 20% like some you seem to think. Yes I have read the sticky to help him as well but the main point was I needed help breaking down logs to see where he can improve.

To add in the way we handle adds, our brewmaster picks them up holds them by garrosh they are usually cleaved to 50% before the ironstar, then our monk just holds them in its path and ports out when the ironstar is coming. They die every time.
    Last edited by ochimaru; 2013-11-20 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Ironstar

I'm new to logs, but do I only see 5 shadowburns? I also see like 5-7 Rof's and he gained the buff FnB one time LOL. Idk what warlock wouldn't want to immolate every add at least it's infinite embers. I'm new to logs so someone correct me if I'm reading this wrong. Also if he unwilling to "pad" kick him. He clearly doesn't know how to max his dps and he seems unwilling to take criticism I would snuff that out real quick.

- - - Updated - - -

I would say over 20% increase in dps is more than possible. I have 559 ilv and no good SoO trinkets and I ended Garrosh at around 230k dps. Not the best but im new to lock:P
    Last edited by Saiona; 2013-11-20 at 04:02 PM.

Here is our logs from last night after I gave him some of the info I received before raid time.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ow28uq0l3l694khg/

Once again I am not asking for you to bash him, I just need help breaking down the logs to see where he can improve I am fairly new to them still. He will not be in the last few logs because he had to leave raid early.

Thanks.

I also understand he is not the only player that can improve please don't feel I am only singling him out.
    Last edited by ochimaru; 2013-11-20 at 04:26 PM.

8min attempts and hes shadowburning 2 times(really?), FnB 3 times (maybe thats enough depending how long p1 lasts), Havoc 4 times(NO), Immolate uptime is also 50%

Thanks, our phase 1 is generally pretty quick when we 2 heal then dps slows right down after 2nd intermission which I already know why and will address at the start of next raid night. I think a few simple macros should help him with Shadowburns and Havocs. I believe because I have him havocing the weapon and keeping it dotted that it may be taking priority over the boss which may be a misunderstanding and an easy fix.

honestly i hard cast my havoc's im noob i think its more him just not paying attention. How many weapons do you get in p1? and dps will slow down after 2nd intermission because now you are dealing with whirling corruption adds.

- - - Updated - - -

Your wipes seem like a healing issue I see his deaths are from whirling corruption. Also i can't seem to find it on here, but is he using Nether Ward?

Quote Originally Posted by ochimaru View Post

This post is not meant for you to bash my lock but rather clue me in on some tips I can give him in game. I am not asking for his dps to magically raise by 20% like some you seem to think. Yes I have read the sticky to help him as well but the main point was I needed help breaking down logs to see where he can improve.
    Aye, I agree, I think people focus too much on the punishment factor and too little on having a working guild. Not a single guildmaster or raidleader has control over what people do in their own time. The only leverage they have is a guildkick and I personally wouldn't choose this option as long as there's still other roads to take.

Working together with the player in question to up his overall performance, whichever class or role, is the proper way to deal with this. As long as his mentality is good (aka, wants to improve himself), there's no reason why you shouldn't try cooporating to work it out. I suggest ignoring the dudes in this thread that made all sorts of "analysis" on the reason of your post. They're laughable at best. Pathetic would be my choice of words. They start with an assumption and just expand on that thought, rather than objectively measuring all possible reasons.

On the Warlock in question, I can't comment, but what I often experience with myself and other players alike, is that they are so used to specific rotations, that when the fight(s) change significantly from *stand there and dps, get out of aoe* to a more dynamic kind of playstyle, people need adapting and often forget to maximize their potential, simply because they are responding to things they are not used to. Mostly just a case of 'forgetting' to use abilities, due to a certain amount of focus on other variables.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    There is no need to touch the adds. They should be killed with Iron Star.
    Iron Star doesn't do 100% of their health in one hit. More like 60%-ish. They still need some damage in order to die.

I am having similar issues as I move into flex. I added a Havoc macro last night that helped alot, still I find i'm regularly down on meters, alot of this is tied to casting chaos bolt during certain proc/uptimes. I have been trying to find an addon that will help me with this (I dont have any intentions of doing normal, but dont want to be the bottom of flex). Granted I dont have the legendary meta or cloak, which most in the flex groups I am in have, I tend to always hit the mechanics or run across to rez someone, setup gateways, portals, etc. Just have some rotation issues. Been keeping icy veins open during the raid to try to help, but still not feeling like I am doing it right. Anyone have any addons that help them know when to cast chaos bolt? I spent about 3 hours last night looking at options but came up blank, this is likely something that will help the warlock mentioned above aswell. I shadowburn as much as I can, try to pop all my cd's as possible but looking for suggestions on chaos bolt (besides hero/my cd's). I know its when trinket procs, certain spells are up, but is there a reliable way to track those moments?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorf18 View Post
    I am having similar issues as I move into flex. I added a Havoc macro last night that helped alot, still I find i'm regularly down on meters, alot of this is tied to casting chaos bolt during certain proc/uptimes. I have been trying to find an addon that will help me with this (I dont have any intentions of doing normal, but dont want to be the bottom of flex). Granted I dont have the legendary meta or cloak, which most in the flex groups I am in have, I tend to always hit the mechanics or run across to rez someone, setup gateways, portals, etc. Just have some rotation issues. Been keeping icy veins open during the raid to try to help, but still not feeling like I am doing it right. Anyone have any addons that help them know when to cast chaos bolt? I spent about 3 hours last night looking at options but came up blank, this is likely something that will help the warlock mentioned above aswell. I shadowburn as much as I can, try to pop all my cd's as possible but looking for suggestions on chaos bolt (besides hero/my cd's). I know its when trinket procs, certain spells are up, but is there a reliable way to track those moments?
    Check the weak-auras thread. There are auras in there you can import depending on which trinkets you are using.

Looks like your Brew Master dies quite a bit. Maybe it was just a bad night, but their damage can be spiky as hell and rough on the healers if they're full crit build, which I'm guessing he is. Mastery can be your friend as a monk if dying is an issue. Also, damage on Garrosh looks pretty low. I glanced at all of the logs, but mainly focused on the second one since it was the longest one your warlock was in, and your top overall DPS only had 50 million damage on him. There's doing a little aoe, since the Iron Star doesn't completely kill them, and then there's going over board which it looks like some people are doing. Just a couple random observations!

As far as your warlock is concerned, his opener looks pretty low. On that second log, he was around 250k-300k, and even single target that's low considering you used heroism. He had both trinkets proc shortly after pull but didn't use Dark Soul and didn't Chaos Bolt until after the trinkets had expired (a little over 40 seconds after pull). He actually used Shadowburn before he Chaos Bolted. This could be explained on a lot of Garrosh logs by people aoe'ing and not using Chaos Bolt, but Incinerate was only accounting for around 40k dps for the first two minutes of the fight so that wasn't the issue. If he's going to single target off of the pull (which I think people really should be doing anyways), he needs to be bursting a lot harder.

The not lining Dark Soul up with trinkets seemed to be a recurring issue. I'm not saying he should be sitting on Dark Soul waiting for a trinket proc, but unless he just had the worst luck ever, he was always using it right after trinket procs finished instead of in conjunction with them. Looking at my logs from last week, my average Chaos Bolt hit for 995k, while his average was 862k (he has slightly better gear than me, to include my flex KTT). He needs to make sure he can combine cooldowns with trinket procs whenever possible (without holding off on Dark Soul for more than maybe a couple seconds. Thats almost always a net DPS loss). Also, I believe someone already mentioned it, but he didn't have his pet sacrificed. That would have been around 4 million more damage give or take, which isn't huge but still would have been 5% or so more damage for him.

Like a few others have mentioned, his use of Havoc may have been a little low. If he's saving it weapons it might be about right. Hard to tell really. He should also be able to squeeze out a few more Shadowburns. Quite a few really. And his immolate uptime is a little low as well. I think the biggest thing is for him to make sure he's using his Chaos Bolts with as many buffs as possible. His DPS during the middle of the fight wasn't horrible if you look at it as a whole, but it dips really low in places like he's not doing anything. He only had 87% active time. If he can get his active time in the mid 90's and get a better opener/use trinket procs right, even with the other stuff being a bit off, I think he'll do substantially better.

Thanks for the feedback oliveman!

I did check out the weak-aura's thread. I will maybe try to look at it more tonigh. I imported some of the pieces but likely need to understand the configuration better as it just lead to random bits being on my screen, also its not really clear what I should be importing and what I shouldnt.

Embers is useful as I can move that on my screen.
    Trinkets/Hero/SkullBanner?
    Dark Soul?
    I had one I imported to show my pet(obs) was alive (I tried GoSac last night and found it wasnt that beneficial, then again I could've been doing something wrong).

I can also switch to post on that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I suggest ignoring the dudes in this thread that made all sorts of "analysis" on the reason of your post. They're laughable at best. Pathetic would be my choice of words. They start with an assumption and just expand on that thought, rather than objectively measuring all possible reasons.
    There's a little bit of irony in telling a guy to ignore analysis in a thread about analysis.

Anyway, assuming that there are still problems worth fixing, it'd be easier to figure this out if the warlock in question were to make an appearance in a thread about his character.
    Last edited by Zargul; 2013-11-21 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zargul View Post
    There's a little bit of irony in telling a guy to ignore analysis in a thread about analysis.
    I find it ironic that people can't discern between types of analysis. The thread is about analyzing the performance of one raider, who is not the OP. The analysis I'm referring to is people that dive in and try to insult the OP for trying to help his Guildmate, by "analyzing" his behavior with the predetermined conclusion "OP is evil, we just need to support it with hypothetical evidence to make this seem legit".

In other words, why the hell am I even responding to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorf18 View Post
    Anyone have any addons that help them know when to cast chaos bolt?
    Shameless self-advertisement:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...haosPower.html

(I intend to include a basic time-left-on-current-strength-display soon, maybe already today or tomorrow.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    In other words, why the hell am I even responding to you.
    Apparently because I hit a nerve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Iron Star doesn't do 100% of their health in one hit. More like 60%-ish. They still need some damage in order to die.
    idd, its more important to get them down below 30-40% hp and then dps garrosh atleast thats what we do which makes it impossible for me to shadowburn snipe garrosh and the fact that im always on engineer duty means i have to resort to FnB for dmg in ph1. it entirely depends on how each player does the fight, but in any case, the lock in question should aoe the shit out of those adds and even shadowburn some if he can, and it isnt padding if they need to die anyway.

but tbh i dont think any1 in that guild can be after him for his dps, they are all underperforming imo. hell, in ilvl 561 gear i still manage around 250-280k while being on engineer duty and im far from a high end lock. the lock just need to use the tools he's been given more, havoc CB on garrosh and weapon, shadowburn the weapon, shadow burn the adds from empowered swirly thingy(cant remember the name) or use them to get a few shadow burns on garrosh as well with havoc, there are lots of situations on that fight to use shadowburn.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-11-21 at 01:30 PM.

Quick fix: Make him go PvP. He'll learn real quick all the warlock utilities that he's not utilizing to its fullest potential.

It really comes down to the raider's mentality. Some people don't know how to keybind, some don't know about weakauras or affdots, but you should push them towards these tools instead of hand feeding them. Make THEM want to improve THEMSELVES. Otherwise go find a new lock imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargul View Post
    Apparently because I hit a nerve.
    I highly recommend that if you can't post on topic and are merely trying to bait responses from people that you do not post at all next time.