Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    i don't know why there isn't day/night rotation 10x faster than normal... that would be the best

  2. #22
    Pit Lord Lei Shi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Terrace of Endless Spring
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobuyuki View Post
    I don't know about you, but if I turn down my gamma in WoW it looks similar to the left picture.
    Interesting idea for an addon that automatically turns the gamma down when it's between 21:00 and 5:30.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Interesting idea for an addon that automatically turns the gamma down when it's between 21:00 and 5:30.
    That's a little lazy. It takes 3 seconds.

  4. #24
    Pit Lord Lei Shi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Terrace of Endless Spring
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by lakisa View Post
    i don't know why there isn't day/night rotation 10x faster than normal... that would be the best
    Like in Minecraft? No thanks, it has to be realistic.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    That's a little lazy. It takes 3 seconds.
    Yea, but you don't wanna have to keep doing it manually, kinda ruins the immersion.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Why not make nighttime darkness a slider?
    There already is one. Its called gamma. It is even more customizable than the old night/day as you can have day or night any time of the day you personally want.

  6. #26
    I play WoW night and day and I don't want it to be that dark when I play at night.
    /Zetsumei

  7. #27
    You're right, this is unacceptable! No, it's insulting! I think we should take Blizzard to court for their crimes against humanity!


  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Like in Minecraft? No thanks, it has to be realistic.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Yea, but you don't wanna have to keep doing it manually, kinda ruins the immersion.
    You know what ruins the immersion? Being able to take down a level 60 raidboss in less time than a level 90(?) deer. This isn't a game with immersion, especially when every zone is set at a different time.

  9. #29
    Pit Lord Lei Shi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Terrace of Endless Spring
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    There already is one. Its called gamma. It is even more customizable than the old night/day as you can have day or night any time of the day you personally want.
    If it does effect the UI elements as well then that's no acceptable solution though.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Quenchiest View Post
    The real reason is they got a lot of complaints from people who could only play at night and didn't like that they had to play the game in constant darkness.

    I really wish there could be some option though. I preferred when night actually looked like night.
    Some MMORPGs solve this by having shorter hours such that time goes by faster - you'd see multiple sunrises and sunsets in a single session. Sort of like Minecraft. At that point though there's a temptation to redo the entire time/calendar system and that gets complicated quickly. (Imagine the in-game calendar and trying to map it to our calendar.)

  11. #31
    Bloodsail Admiral Duito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere between Reality and Fiction!
    Posts
    1,215
    Your gamma is to high, my night cycle looks nothing like your second picture
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

    LIFE

    (L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    If it does effect the UI elements as well then that's no acceptable solution though.
    If? You're not even willing to try it out?

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Like in Minecraft? No thanks, it has to be realistic.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yea, but you don't wanna have to keep doing it manually, kinda ruins the immersion.

    How would this ruin the first boss of SoO?

  14. #34
    Don't mind the night too much. The only thing I find inacceptable is how they seemingly have replaced the more detailed rock top textures in OP's left picture with a muddy all-brown texture in the right one. Seriously, what gives?
    There are too many design flaws in your game. As a result, your customers' game experience may be degraded. Fire or replace the failing developers if you don't want to see this message again.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    If it does effect the UI elements as well then that's no acceptable solution though.
    It's a more immersive solution than day/night not affecting the UI. Didn't you just say something about immersion?

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Quenchiest View Post
    The real reason is they got a lot of complaints from people who could only play at night and didn't like that they had to play the game in constant darkness.

    I really wish there could be some option though. I preferred when night actually looked like night.
    i was one of those that played only at night, and i loved it.

    the utter darkness of the world was great, its amazing how much the absence of light can impact your perception.

  17. #37
    Shadows came out with WotLK, I forget when we lost the night. Did it have something to do with that?

  18. #38
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,475
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Don't mind the night too much. The only thing I find inacceptable is how they seemingly have replaced the more detailed rock top textures in OP's left picture with a muddy all-brown texture in the right one. Seriously, what gives?

    omg.. UNacceptable ...thats twice in this thread.

    OT: i can understand how people that could only play at night would want to see daylight.. but i think blizz went from one extreme to the other. how about every other zone has its own day/night cycle? or some other reasonable compromise?

    i agree that the 'new' nights feel like its perpetual daytime, and its sort of a let down.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    omg.. UNacceptable ...thats twice in this thread.

    OT: i can understand how people that could only play at night would want to see daylight.. but i think blizz went from one extreme to the other. how about every other zone has its own day/night cycle? or some other reasonable compromise?

    i agree that the 'new' nights feel like its perpetual daytime, and its sort of a let down.
    Every zone having a different day and night cycle wouldn't make much sense. How could the Sun be hitting Durotar, but not barrens?

  20. #40
    I agree that we should have something like either 12 or 6 hr day cycles in WoW. People who say it would blow the immersion, well does having basically nonstop dusk in most zones 24 hours a day make the game "immersive"?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •