Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    If? You're not even willing to try it out?
    It does effect the UI, action buttons are way too dark with low gamma.

Can't find the link right now, but the Devs said that they were looking at adjusting the darkness level at night, and that the night light levels in SoO were the trial for it.

I dunno,

The SMV screenshots are a pretty decent combination of dark-but-not-impossible-to-see-stuff

I have really fond memories when I first started playing of playing at night time and it having a really epic feeling. I hope blizzard does something to bring that back.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

10+ Year Old Account
    Every zone having a different day and night cycle wouldn't make much sense. How could the Sun be hitting Durotar, but not barrens?
    we could do continents then. there has to be a compromise.

also hellfire~>zangermarsh. how can it be blue in one zone.. cross a line and be orange in the next? we just have to believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

That's a little lazy. It takes 3 seconds.

Some people like it to automatically happen so they can get lost in the game. Other need it to turn dark so they know they should go to bed soon since they don't ever go outside and see a real sun or moon.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I'd prefer there to be a greater difference between night and day and for them to cycle more frequently.

Maybe 4 hours day/4 hours night. You'd get 3 day/night cycles per real day and would see both regularly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I dunno,

The SMV screenshots are a pretty decent combination of dark-but-not-impossible-to-see-stuff
    That's still WAYYYY too bright. Nights should be as dark as they are in Minecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    we could do continents then. there has to be a compromise.
    Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor are on one side of the planet. It still wouldn't really make logical sense. I believe in a compromise, but I think something the player could adjust would be a much more logical and enjoyable solution to the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    That's still WAYYYY too bright. Nights should be as dark as they are in Minecraft.
    But we don't have torches we can place in wow.

The graphics settings are not the same in those screenshots. Misleading thread is misleading.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor are on one side of the planet. It still wouldn't really make logical sense. I believe in a compromise, but I think something the player could adjust would be a much more logical and enjoyable solution to the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

They could add those easily, just like they added weather stones. Knowing blizz they'll probably rather come up with some excuse like Azeroth being tidally locked to its star.

Deleted
    I REALLY hate what they have done to the nighttime settings. Playing back then in a zone like strangelthorn Vale at night had an awesome wibe with the jungle theme and all the darkness around you. Please turn it back the way it was, and if people think it is to dark, they can just walk around with a lantern lol

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

there is plenty of expanse between the continents to assume it can be night on one and day on the other.. maybe not 12 hrs worth.. but enough that people dont feel in perpetual day/night cycles.

east coast and west coast USA are on the same side of the planet... yet it gets darker 3 hrs sooner on the east coast, and lighter in the morning by the same time.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2013-11-19 at 10:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I agree with the people who say that the right picture was f'ed up graphically. Must have been taken on a computer that couldn't handle things like AA with the new graphics. Mine sure don't look that bad.

I also agree with the night should be darker folks.

Finally, I wish that Azeroth was on a slightly different time cycle then Earth. Say like 15 hours / day? So that people who mainly log on during a certain timeframe could experience the other.

Every zone having a different day and night cycle wouldn't make much sense. How could the Sun be hitting Durotar, but not barrens?
    "Some other reasonable compromise." Like, I dunno, being midday in Kalimdor when it's midnight in Eastern Kingdoms, and it's dusk in Northrend/Pandaria, kind of like it should be anyway, because there is a vast difference in longitude between these areas? </rocket science>
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    They could add those easily, just like they added weather stones. Knowing blizz they'll probably rather come up with some excuse like Azeroth being tidally locked to its star.
    If you want blizzard to add torches, it just sounds like you want to play a better graphics minecraft.

Deleted
    Because immersion doesn't matter for Blizzard anymore. Hasn't in a while actually.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    "Some other reasonable compromise." Like, I dunno, being midday in Kalimdor when it's midnight in Eastern Kingdoms, and it's dusk in Northrend/Pandaria, kind of like it should be anyway, because there is a vast difference in longitude between these areas? </rocket science>
    People will just complain they're being pigeon-holed into questing in specific zones because they don't want to quest in darkness ever.

I seriously miss night time in WoW. I can't believe all these whiny babies who bitched about it being too dark when they play, had to ruin it for us who loved it being night.

People will just complain they're being pigeon-holed into questing in specific zones because they don't want to quest in darkness ever.
    What is this, I don't even. There are leveling zones for all levels on both (Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms) continents. And how is this any different than now as far as other continents?
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII