Poll: Vote-To-Kick in BGs?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    it would fix botting but also make bg's like lfr with the crybaby mob rules kicking

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    I'm interested in the "No"s. Anyone care to elaborate?
    Chat spamming vote to kick X, vote to kick Y.. Why? Because they're poorly geared etc. I don't think the WoW community is capable of keeping track on who is performing poorly and who isn't in battlegrounds.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Chat spamming vote to kick X, vote to kick Y.. Why? Because they're poorly geared etc. I don't think the WoW community is capable of keeping track on who is performing poorly and who isn't in battlegrounds.
    Of course there would be some abuse, but I feel that the abuse would not be worse than LFR.
    To be perfectly fair, I couldn't give a damn about that kind of exploit... I'm getting tired of completely useless players not doing anything.

PS;
    Posted after a 5-0 losing streak.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    Of course there would be some abuse, but I feel that the abuse would not be worse than LFR.
    To be perfectly fair, I couldn't give a damn about that kind of exploit... I'm getting tired of completely useless players not doing anything.

PS;
    Posted after a 5-0 losing streak.
    What if you are the useless player?

i would very much like this. i have been thinking they could have used this since WoTLK, i hate it when i get in a BG and we have a couple ppl afk it makes it so our team has less people and we always end up losing cus of out of balance teams. if we could vote the afkers out and then have them get replaced with another person actually playing we could essentialy maby make a comeback

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velestro View Post
    i would very much like this. i have been thinking they could have used this since WoTLK, i hate it when i get in a BG and we have a couple ppl afk it makes it so our team has less people and we always end up losing cus of out of balance teams. if we could vote the afkers out and then have them get replaced with another person actually playing we could essentialy maby make a comeback
    You alread can vote afk people out...
    they get a debuff and get kicked if enough people vote on them

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    You alread can vote afk people out...
    they get a debuff and get kicked if enough people vote on them
    Yes, but it takes a lot of votes to actually initiate and the person has to be inactive. It's a piss poor system compared to LFR vote to kick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    What if you are the useless player?
    As much as the irony would be funny to deal with, I generally always go for objectives and play to win rather than play to HK farm unless we're turtling.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

In a perfect world, where people were reasonable and only kicked bots and incredibly rude players, I would be all for it. But in reality? It would be heavily abused, so no. People get pretty irate in battlegrounds, and already tend to find someone to scapegoat. This would just make matters worse. Undergeared? Tough, you get booted, and never get geared because noone will allow you to play. Just trying to have some fun fighting instead of tunnel visioning the objective? Tough, you get booted by the perpetually angry objective players. Defending a node by yourself, until you get swarmed and lose the node, and your roaming teammates blame you for losing it? Tough, you get booted. Get stuck with a group of high horse arena players that think your rating is too low? Goodbye. Etc etc.
    Last edited by Itisamuh; 2013-11-26 at 05:05 AM.

It's never going to happen. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bludcraze View Post
    Very much so, getting rid of bots would be great but also being able to kick people who refuse to play the objectives.
    Except it wouldn't be the people not doing the objectives getting kicked, it would be the people with the least amount of kills and most deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by aceventura View Post
    and you got top pvp set instantly after reaching 90? regular BG is nothing more than grounds to prepare/gear up for competitive pvp- all have to start with something
    Funny but I got my first pvp set by farming heroics and turning jp into honor.

Average hc: 8 minutes. 250 honor.
    Average bg: 10-15 minutes. 150 honor IF you win. You will mostly lose as Alliance.

Farming bgs for honor not only has a very poor yield but you're also weakening your team if you wear shit gear (below tyranical).

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope the "battleground score" feature in Warlords will make it far easier to see those whom are really not contribution (whether bots, mouth breathers or trolls), after that having a vote kick (or at least some sort of "player feedback", which could use penalties like lower queue priority, or cool downs before entering the next battle for those not participating in win-making) would be a fantastic addition.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Bludcraze View Post
    Very much so, getting rid of bots would be great but also being able to kick people who refuse to play the objectives.
    there go 90% of the horde teams in av

Deleted
    Yes. And an IQ test upon queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Yes. And an IQ test upon queue.
    LOL

No, it would be abused to oblivion.

There already is a vote to kick option. If you have enough players in the BG report one person afk, you'll kick them out of a BG. I know this for a fact when I participated in some Rath Strat AV's, the BG leader was calling out in vent to report a pug that was intentionally sabotaging the strat. When everyone in the Rath Strat group reported him, he was just kicked from the BG immediately.

God I miss Rath Strat AV groups... ;_;

No, it would be abused to hell and back.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as Join as Group is in a RANDOM BG the scoring system wont be accurate AT ALL

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote no on this. I'm not a hardcore PVPer. I pvp for fun, and to farm gear. I do BGs for fun, but also following the obective. There have been many times where I've been queued into group with people that all they do is pvp, (arena's, bg's, rbg's) and its obvious. I would be the person kicked because I wasn't performing up to their standards regardless if we were winning or not. Vote to kick in the BG system would be so abused it wouldn't be funny. There's a difference between kicking a bot, and kicking someone who might just be there for fun, but not hurting anything. A good portion of people wouldn't see the difference between those.
    Kaeliri
    Sturmgrenadier Officer
    www.sghq.org
    Join a 10+ year old adult gaming syndicate in the domination of the MMO world

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    Isn't there already such a thing?

I know for sure that I've been kicked out of Alterac BG after pulling the Boss out of his room several times and therefor resetting his health to full. The whole raid went absolutely nuts and they managed to kick me.
    Too bad they didn't have your home address to flog you with a wet noodle.

I hope the next time you're on a first date the person you're out with isn't the gender you thought they were.

You're the worst of the worst.