Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 5.4, you hit level 90. Now what?

So I haven't really played Mists of Pandaria at all, but now I've started again, and I have almost reached 90. I think I will finish the quests in the zones first, but after that, I got thinking about what I was supposed to do in 90. After 4 major patches, each with an isle or a daily hub to do, it's confusing to know where to start. Should I level professions? Do dungeons? Scenearios? Reputations? Dailies? LFR? Is there something important to do? And before you say "that's up to you", yeah it is, but I'd like a list of things I should probably do or think about doing. Get cash? Get Brawlers Arena invitation? Battle Pets? Farms? Lorewalkers? Where should I start to get some order into my level 90?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends entirely on what goal you have. Do you want to pvp? Do you want to pve? Are you an achievement whore?

If you want to to get some gear and character power to begin with, go to the timeless isle and open all the chests (there are guides and addons to help with this). This will yield pretty much a full set of 496 gear without much effort.

If you're looking into raiding, so ahead and max your professions, enchant/gem your gear, and hop into LFR. Do the world bosses. Make sure you get your warforged seals first. Also start the legendary quest first. Do the world bosses for gear. Get some gold for crafted gear. Get a 520 itemlevel. Use openraid/oqueue and do some flex runs. Do the heroic scenario quest for some gear. Do a daily heroic scenario for gear. Valor cap. Go get your own farm at halfhill. See the Krasarang storyline. See the Thunder Isle Storyline. See the Timeless isle storyline. Get the heroic dungeon meta achievement. Do endless proving grounds. Do all of the brawler's guild at 500 itemlevel.

So I need to continue, or is that enough for you to do?

:P
    Last edited by Forgettable; 2013-11-19 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Depends entirely on what goal you have. Do you want to pvp? Do you want to pve? Are you an achievement whore?

If you want to to get some gear and character power to begin with, go to the timeless isle and open all the chests (there are guides and addons to help with this). This will yield pretty much a full set of 496 gear without much effort.

If you're looking into raiding, so ahead and max your professions, enchant/gem your gear, and hop into LFR. Do the world bosses. Make sure you get your warforged seals first. Do the weekly bosses for gear. Get some gold for crafted gear. Get a 520 itemlevel. Use openraid/oqueue and do some flex runs.
    1. What weekly bosses?

2. Warforged seals?

Also, are the reputations from 5.0 worth doing, besides for awesome mounts? Or the 5.1/5.2 dailies, for that matter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask yourself how you managed to level past the levelcap in a patch that doesnt exist.
    Timeless Isle.
    Be kind to those less fortunate.
    Favor the road traveled by few.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    1. What weekly bosses?

2. Warforged seals?

Also, are the reputations from 5.0 worth doing, besides for awesome mounts? Or the 5.1/5.2 dailies, for that matter?
    Ordos (need a legendary cloak for him) and Celestials drop 553 gear. Nalak/Oondasta drop 522. Galleon/Sha drop 496.

Warforged seals - You get 3 of them weekly for a cost of 50 lesser charms of good fortune. Get the charms from dailes(slow) or at the timeless isle(fast).

The reputations and 5.1/5.2 dailies are only worth doing if you want the achievements associated with them or the mounts. The gear they unlock is negligible.

Also I think you mean patch 5.4, not 4.4.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. What weekly bosses?
    Ordos and the Celestials (you can only obtain loot from one Celestial per week) on the Timeless Isle. You can only access Ordos if you have the legendary cloak, however.

2. Warforged seals?
    Collect 50 Lesser Charms of Good Fortune (most easily obtained by killing things on the Timeless Isle) and complete the weekly quest available in your faction's Shrine. You'll get 3 Warforged Seals that you can use to get three extra chances at loot from raid bosses.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Andmyaxe View Post
    Ask yourself how you managed to level past the levelcap in a patch that doesnt exist.
    Timeless Isle.
    Ordos (need a legendary cloak for him) and Celestials drop 553 gear. Nalak/Oondasta drop 522. Galleon/Sha drop 496.

Warforged seals - You get 3 of them weekly for a cost of 50 lesser charms of good fortune. Get the charms from dailes(slow) or at the timeless isle(fast).

The reputations and 5.1/5.2 dailies are only worth doing if you want the achievements associated with them or the mounts. The gear they unlock is negligible.

I read 5.4, don't know what your computer is smoking besides graphic cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read 5.4, don't know what your computer is smoking besides graphic cards.
    The original post said 4.4. Looks like a mod ninja edited it for you.

Deleted
    The moment you get to the timeless isle you'll get free ilvl 496 gear, and if you have enough coins you can buy a weapon also at 496 + a trinket which is pretty OP too but that one aint ilvl 496 i think. Either way once you got your gear and stuff you can start doing LFR if you're lucky and you've reached high enough to do Thorne of Thunder then do that Raid instead of the other two. If all of that is done you can do some off time things such as Farming Timeless coins. Doing the Weekly bosses, or you can go to the Isle of Thunder and get some dailys done there works aswell free gold and doesn't take that long.

( This is PvE ) ofc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiandra View Post
    The moment you get to the timeless isle you'll get free ilvl 496 gear, and if you have enough coins you can buy a weapon also at 496 + a trinket which is pretty OP too but that one aint ilvl 496 i think. Either way once you got your gear and stuff you can start doing LFR if you're lucky and you've reached high enough to do Thorne of Thunder then do that Raid instead of the other two. If all of that is done you can do some off time things such as Farming Timeless coins. Doing the Weekly bosses, or you can go to the Isle of Thunder and get some dailys done there works aswell free gold and doesn't take that long.

( This is PvE ) ofc
    Actually the weapon is only 476 (10000 coins). And the 535 trinkets cost 50000 coins.

only hit 90 a few weeks ago on my warrior and this is what i did.
    Timless isle --> LFR ToT ---> LFR SoO --> Flexi SoO

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Gear up on timeless isle for LFR, then do LFR, Flex and normal, with perhaps a bit of heroic raiding, then unsub until next expansion, the dailies are pointless now for anything but vanity rewards.

Brawlers guild is something you need gear for.
    Dailies are easy enough but the gear isn't worth the effort, only bother doing if you're after lore/story/vanity items.
    Proving grounds are good if you like a hard fight.
    Scenario's and dungeons are kind of pointless too, heroic scenario's might be worth a go though.
    Or better yet, use your new level cap to farm low level raids for transmog/pets/mounts.

What reputations is it that gives mounts? A bit mount collecting. Golden Lotus, The Tillers, Shado-Pan, Cloud Serpents and The Anglers? Anybody I missed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Or better yet, use your new level cap to farm low level raids for transmog/pets/mounts.
    Any specific places in mind when it comes to pets and mounts? Besides Karazhan, which everybody seems to have companions from?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    What reputations is it that gives mounts? A bit mount collecting. Golden Lotus, The Tillers, Shado-Pan, Cloud Serpents and The Anglers? Anybody I missed?
    All the pandaria rep factions reward a mount except "Shadopan Assault" the ToT raid faction.

You can also look at your character on armory and go to the mounts tab and select the view the mounts you don't have. easy to look through and find what you can solo farm etc.

The reputations and 5.1/5.2 dailies are only worth doing if you want the achievements associated with them or the mounts.

To iterate, there's virtually no gear rewards tied to these reps anymore. (they all cost VP/JP, and they had the rep-requirement removed as of last patch)

Timeless isle (starts with 'A flash of bronze' in vale) is a superb source of starting gear. Reccomend looking up the guide here on these forums which will show you where to find the chests.

Timeless isle drops will get you to ~496 (you get one guarenteed 535, and the rest 496 with a chance to find more 535 tokens as you're killing stuff around the isle.) tap rares as you stumble upon them. (Rares are now omni-tappable, like quest mobs. And everyone who tapped them can loot them.)

Once you're there, spend your timeless coins on a few 'Mogu Rune of Fate' these will let you get bonus rolls on ToT LFR bosses. cherry pick with these coins to try and score a weapon (important) and trinkets (slightly less important). ToT LFR drops 502 gear, so that'll upgrade your 496's nicely.

Once you're ilvl's 496, you can start to queue for SoO LFR wings 1-4. you can spend your Warforged seals (or save them for higher level raiding like flex, reg, or heroic.). Drops ilvl 528 gear.

Depending on your class, your priority will usually be getting weapons (great for melee/hunters) trinkets (Great for healers/casters) and overall filling out your lowest ilvl gear.

You can spend VP on 522 gear in Townlong/Isle of Thunder, but i'd advise against it unless you're about to cap and have a sub 522 slot to fill. The trinkets are pretty lowsy, the DPS gear is loaded with more hit/expertise than you'll ever need, and the VP is better spent upgrading other items.

You might also want to consider starting the legendary questline.
    You can find a guide online. It's largely doable without an organized raiding team, but will likely take ~3 months of pretty solid playtime, if you're looking for a long term goal (with some rewards/story along the way.)

In addition to everything stated, also download the mod OQueue. It is a cross realm raid finder tool that you can use to get into Flex raids, BG groups... basically anything.

Only thing to add: once your ilvl is over 480, do one heroic scenario a day, there is a chance to get a 516 piece (including weapons). Oqueue helps with that, too.

There's a quest chain @90 with lorewalker cho that yields 502 boots. Do that.

Start the Wrathion quest if you're interested.

Then head to TI, do all the quests there that you can. Get over to the Burden chest w/o having the cloak (fairly easy if you have engineering or buy a goblin glider). Run ToT full clear, hope a weapon drops.

Start doing a heroic scenario daily (weapons, helm, etc). Grind whatever you like for coins, valor, etc.

Start running SoO lfr as soon as you meet the ilvl for it. At this point, all of this will be the routine until you can get into flex mode SoO.

You can also start working on your farm, which is quite an asset if you're into professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiandra View Post

( This is PvE ) ofc
    Just to clarify, the weapons from Timeless Isle are 476, not 496, and the trinkets Xiandra mentioned are 535 ilevel and cost 50,000 Timeless Coins. As a side note, you can get the 496 version of these same trinkets as drops on the isle, but if your primary concern is gearing ASAP (as opposed to buying, say, the mount for 100,000 Timeless Coins), it's definitely worth the 50k to get the 535 version. You can't use both at once, but the 496 is pretty common that you'll get it fast.

I'm just saying, if you have the 50k, and want a solid trinket, use your coins to buy the 535.

Hope this helps.