Poll: How does the video make you feel?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Oh and also....My ancestors had it hard so pity me!.....? I dont understand this attitude...sure certain ethnics have a harder starting point then others but for them to think that we are TRYING to hold them down is stupid...we provided the opportunity for them to be equal but I believe that it is counterproductive for us to pay for peoples ways through life because they are a certain ethnicity. Like an above poster posted it should be merit based.....if they think it is wrong that white male americans are born into their prosperity how is it right for them to get certain privileges for being born a minority?

Fighting racism with racism is fucking retarded. You cant promote equality while stereotyping whites in this way. Its like my school, they require a cultural diversity credit such as Afrocology - The study of how and why African Americans are different than others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Yes -- applying for fellowship and phd programs, and a consistent theme is "Are you a minority? If so, have these benefits. You're welcome." I'm curious to know what happened to merit-based applications.
    Yeah, my brother was really unhappy with how it went when he got his PhD in Pharmacology. Minorities were allowed to have a lower GPA, next to no social activities, and got first shot at TA positions, had a special study group where they got access to previous semester exams, and got first dibs on most rotations. Purdue get accused of reverse racism all the time though.

Everyone loves to play the "woe is me, I'm a victim, I deserve XYZ" card whenever they can.

The difference is society is letting certain groups get away with it and indulging it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    You have a lot of pride, I would had taken the money.

I can't take pride on not taking advantage of a situation specially if it is worth clean money.
    To be fair it would've been a much harder choice if I didn't get other scholarships based on merit.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

i hate it, but completely unsurprised. white guilt is fucking thick, and it's sickening.

I'm not even white and this is fucking sickening

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Yeah it's pretty gross. I was so insulted when I got offered several scholarships for being a "person of color" when I got accepted into college. One of my proudest moments is when I rejected over $50,000 worth of racist, divisive scholarships. I was fine in only keeping the ones I earned based on my academic achievements. They gave more money anyways. I also always never fill in the race bubble on any forms if I have the choice. Otherwise, I'll put "other", and not because my ethnicity isn't usually listed either.
    Well since you had enough academic achievements to get in anyway, those scholarships aren't really designed for you so you did the right thing by declining them.

Like in Australia you can get some subsidies for living in remote communities, but if I happened to be the son of a millionaire living in a remote community it'd be shitty of me to accept them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well since you had enough academic achievements to get in anyway, those scholarships aren't really designed for you so you did the right thing by declining them.

Like in Australia you can get some subsidies for living in remote communities, but if I happened to be the son of a millionaire living in a remote community it'd be shitty of me to accept them.
    I'm a "person of color". How are they not targeted at me? They didn't specify being a poor "person of color", or someone without academic achievements. The only criteria was race, and it was sick. It was even worse because they lumped me into a group. 2 of the 4 scholarships were "black" scholarships (they weren't all from my school) and I don't even identify as such.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like it... raises awareness. I do think that white guys at UNM should be able to make a club if they want to, though. I'm not sure why they'd need a club but they should be able to make one (but not one that date-rapes, that's just sickening).

It makes me feel truly awful for being a white male.

Quote Originally Posted by Garradorr View Post
    They both sound like fucking morons.
    Id like to know how anyone their age can even speak of racial injustice. They have never lived in an era that it existed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Id like to know how anyone their age can even speak of racial injustice. They have never lived in an era that it existed.
    Still exists. Only now, it is more subtle and insidious than good ol' slavery and genocide.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you should be proud of gender or race, only things you earn.
    Really this. I feel like we have continued racism and prejudice (based on race, religion, sexual orientation, looks, disability, etc) entirely because of people like this and exclusive clubs. I think we should stop calling people ethnic and just call people, people. For that reasons, I hate people who act like those in the video and I hate things of the nature of affirmative action.

Also, if we could stop blaming white males who had no part in the eradication of the Native Americans, are not slave owners, and were never slave owners in their life time, and don't discriminate against people for literally every single bad thing that happens in all aspects of life, that'd be great.

In other words, I think their message is stupid and I think they're essentially perpetuating racism and other assorted prejudice behavior.

Also, with that picture. If I was a female Native American I'd just take every single baked good for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Creating clubs for anything arbitrary/uncontrollable perpetuates social divisions on these very aspects.
    Also, this. Summed up my thoughts better than I did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Still exists. Only now, it is more subtle and insidious than good ol' slavery and genocide.
    And mostly unproven. There have been situations where I've been walking around with my best friend and she'll be looked down upon by people (or otherwise harassed) because she's Hispanic. It's impossible to prove, but everyone knows it's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post

I can assure you that any racism that exists now is a very equal dose all ways and not even remotely limited to one race. This makes the issue irrelevant as race does NOT hold one back and in fact minorities benefit from their race if anything.

OP
    Their support of segregation and race based groups is retarded on it's face.

Their pride in supporting racial division is even more retarded. If anyone goes to that uni, you should tell them for me.

Seems an awful lot like brainwashing to me, and highly hypocritical, but whatever. I try not to think of stupid people and their stupid opinions.

Deleted
    The guy in glasses reminds me of the Hunchback of Notredam

Well, they certainly came off as obnoxious, but bringing up the whole white guilt thing is the thing that makes me a bit angry, that crosses the line, but I guess I don't care that much, because these two folks are idiots. But playing the racism card to this depth is only going to make things worse for everyone, not better.

Its really good, except for the whole "its okay to hate white men" that's going on nowdays. It's not okay to hate anyone, period, and people need to recognize that.