Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Really? That's what you come back with? Denying you were talking to me? You said the "people" who are saying 50% crap. I am one of those "people". But please, go ahead and deny it so you don't have to make an ass out of yourself trying to come up with a retort.
    You said you'd give that money straight to charity instead of Blizzard because they don't give 100% of the money to charity. Ta-da, you are not one of those people I were talking to.

Why would you want to meet Bill "He-Yuk-Yuk" Clinton or Obama-nation, If I was a dying kid, I'd like to meet someone with a soul, a true human. Not some PR stunt using liar N chief.

Those two are truly evil beyond belief all Presidents are since the start of 1900, But not JFK that's why they blew his brains out.

Do your homework.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    This is exactly what Make-A-Wish is about. Hope/dreams is what lots of people need to survive, especially children, and sometimes that's even more important than an appropriate treatment. Some wishes may seem quite "crazy", but most of the time there really isn't a lot of money involved in it, while it gives a lot not only to one kid, but also to his family/friends/close people. And yes, it also saves lives, but in a way much harder to evaluate than most charity.

Once again, you can't really compare Make-A-Wish with the Philippines current needs. These are two very different people in need of very different things, and with very different ways to obtain them.
    I completely agree with you. This is exactly what the Make-A-Wish Foundation is for. It gave me hope, it made a dream come true. I strongly feel happiness, dreams, and hope is what people need to go forward in life. When fighting with an illness with odds stacked up against you, they cannot hurt and they inspire us to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I always love these threads in which Blizzard donates potentially millions of dollars to worthy charities, and people bitch and complain. They could just sell them and return some profits as a shareholder dividend instead. Would you all like that better?
    I find it admirable that any company donates a great deal. It could be for different reasons why they're doing it, at least they're doing some good with it.

Quote Originally Posted by pizz View Post
    Askir, great story. Glad you're still breathing and living dude I have congestive heart failure, and heart disease, and many other heart related problems. I wasn't born with the problems, all were self-inflicted (party hard, you get to live with the crap!). Every year I donate as much as I can to Make a wish, and other charities. I think it's a great thing, and i wish others.

again, thanks for the story, and I hope your condition(s) get better some how, and just follow your health plan(s). And don't forget to take your meds! And sometimes take a bit of salt here and there!

take care buddy
    Thanks! I'm glad to still be kicking around. I tick now (since I had a valve replacement), so I'm still ticking. . Heart problems suck all around. Thank you for donating to Make-A-Wish! So very much. Am sticking to my medications! I dislike blood thinners so much, but, it's a necessary factor.

Quote Originally Posted by eldritchforeshadow View Post
    The pet I will definitely make sure to buy before the charity end date.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    Nice, some kid gets to meet with one of the most evil people in the world.
    I don't believe this myself. But, to each his/her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Derajal View Post
    Why would you want to meet Bill "He-Yuk-Yuk" Clinton or Obama-nation, If I was a dying kid, I'd like to meet someone with a soul, a true human. Not some PR stunt using liar N chief.

Those two are truly evil beyond belief all Presidents are since the start of 1900, But not JFK that's why they blew his brains out.

Do your homework.
    Nonetheless of your beliefs or mine, Clinton was the President. I was eight years old. This was the person I wanted to meet. I was a dying kid, I wanted to meet the President. I don't believe anyone is soulless. President Clinton was who I wanted to meet. They made it happen.
    Hi! I play a hunter. .

throws money at screen*

- - - Updated - - -

BTW does this mean you can now mail gold to other servers as well or only items?

Quote Originally Posted by Shennanigans View Post
    throws money at screen*

- - - Updated - - -

BTW does this mean you can now mail gold to other servers as well or only items?
    Only Bound to Battle.Net account items, it seems. Not gold, etc. It'd be the same as if transferring from Alliance to Horde and vice versa.
    Hi! I play a hunter. .

I can't resist remarking on this part:

Why take gems, and reforging away?
    Certainly decrypting game systems can be fun sometimes, but as a company we embrace a style of game that is very approachable with systems that are simple to understand on the surface but that hold a lot of genuine gameplay depth. That was true the day World of Warcraft was released, and we strive to ensure that remains true even with the addition of dozens of new systems over the years.
    Vanilla WoW, TBC, and WoTLK corresponded to about pure addition, to being "expansion packs" and not "deletion packs" in almost every way.

However, Cataclysm, MoP, and soon especially WoD correspond to a lot removed as well as added.

Am I talking about fullness of the game world like character customization or about Blizzard's subscriber count?

Both, for they followed the same pattern.

Getting only heavily mixed feelings about new expansions, wondering what unannounced-yet prior spells or prior customization will be deleted next, is not a positive.

Diablo 3 was simplified from the preceding title in the series, while having exceptionally widespread and officially non-bannable real-money purchase of character progression (items in its case instead of levels in WoW WoD's case), and the result was as critics of that philosophy predicted: less sustained long-term playtime after the initial weeks. (I'm into WoW, not Diablo, but it was illustrative how the same pattern got followed).

WoW and Blizzard's history do quite teach lessons: But they aren't ones in favor of assuming deleting gem customization is going to add a multi-year player without low attention span for every one lost from it (and from where other applications of this post-TBC/WoTLK deletionist philosophy lead).

People don't play for X hundred hours, then go "I'm quitting because I felt obligated to spend a minute deciding which gem I desired before continuing."

They quit because "I'm bored, and, if I played many hours more, I'd still be bored" (which happens extra often when there is repetitiveness enforced by simplification).

Provided the choice wasn't removed, unlike the deletion planned for WoD, I wouldn't mind if the game had text essentially equivalent to "if you only care about DPS maximization for PvE instances at all times, your spec should chose this gem, so we gifted one to you for free and auto-socketed it unless you chose otherwise."

For example, if I want to have one gear set gemmed extra for haste, because I sometimes find it fun, that should be my right, my choice. If it lowers DPS and if I care, I'd know so in a moment from one of my mods or otherwise but don't need to have the option to ever do so removed for the sake of hyper-prioritizing retard-friendliness (the hypothetical individual unintentionally "crippled" rather than making a deliberate choice) over all else and everyone else.

Deleted
    Oh very good

Cross Realm BOA, aka the way it should of been, before the expansion launch would be great. CBA to read all these posts, I bet most are whining about charity or some drivel.

"A three-month mentorship by a member of the World of Warcraft art team, in the form of email or phone critique of portfolio work (Contact frequency will be roughly every two weeks)"

Somebody on our staff will email/phone you every two weeks, for a period of twelve weeks.

Considering you can get far more feedback, much faster, from places like Deviantart, this doesn't seem very grand prizey...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alabaster jones View Post
    "A three-month mentorship by a member of the World of Warcraft art team, in the form of email or phone critique of portfolio work (Contact frequency will be roughly every two weeks)"

Somebody on our staff will email/phone you every two weeks, for a period of twelve weeks.

Considering you can get far more feedback, much faster, from places like Deviantart, this doesn't seem very grand prizey...
    Basically it's something to stick on your resume.

"Winner of the 2013 Blizzard art contest, mentored by Blizzard art designer _____ _____."

Plus it'd probably be a good way to stick your foot in the door if you wanted a job at Blizzard.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    I will easily get the combo for charity

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Because Blizzard is a business and they're nice enough to have any of it go to charity in the first place?
    Of course it's less 'for the charity' even for Blizzard and more for the tax write off and good PR. No business or businessman would 'donate' nearly as much as they did if it weren't for that tax write off.

Ashkir,

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your story. That is really wonderful. I would be pming this to you but 10 post required for that. I wanted you to know that your story was not falling on deaf ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkir View Post
    Hi there! Talked to Chaud and decided to share the rest of the story.

People argue it's a waste to give a dying kid a wish. It's not a waste of money. I survived. This gave me hope. This inspired me. Living this dream in Washington, D.C. and meeting a person I called a hero and respected so much gave me life. So yes, the mission is true. A wish is a game changer. It changed my life. It inspired me, enriched my life. It showed me a world greater than I was, and showed me I have a spot in this vast and great world. I survived, where many of my Wish peers may have not, but, a lot of us do survive. Make-A-Wish helps us fight, gives us strength.

So yes, when I have a spare $10 I will buy this pet. Why? Make-A-Wish gave me hope. This adds up, the donations add up and can cause great wishes. Look at what was recently done in San Francisco, they turned it into Gotham for Miles. Make-A-Wish Foundation is amazing, and I thank you Blizzard for doing it. So, thank you in advance.

Here are some pictures:
    http://i.imgur.com/bwgz75Eh.jpg (I wasn't very good at smiling as a kid, one with glasses)
    http://i.imgur.com/SacUqqbh.jpg

My condition is still having it's ups and downs, my chances and outlook is better today, much better. A ton of medication + pain + random strokes. But, it's all worth it. I like living.
    A feel good and moving story.

Hello everyone. Thank you for the kind private messages and for reading my story. The Alterac Brew Pup is now released, check out this MMO-Champion post for more information. I'll be getting the Alterac Brew Pup when I can afford it myself. Just wanted to share the news that it is available. If you cannot afford it, please enter the giveaway, or even tell your friends or guild about the pet being released and how it supports a great cause! Thank you all for helping make dreams come true.

Quote Originally Posted by juikejve View Post
    Ashkir,

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your story. That is really wonderful. I would be pming this to you but 10 post required for that. I wanted you to know that your story was not falling on deaf ears.
    Hi there juikejve! Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaeska View Post
    A feel good and moving story.
    Hi there Aneska! Thank you for your PM. Glad you liked the story.
    Hi! I play a hunter. .

I wish they would expand the art contest to EU