Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question RP in Warlords of Draenor.

Not sure if this or the Roleplaying forum are the right place for this thread but here goes;

I'm a roleplayer over on Argent Dawn EU but roleplay's gotten stale for me now, I love the expansion from a PVEr's point of view, but I prefer to roleplay as it makes the world feel more alive.

Problem is outside of Orcs and Draenei I have no idea what I can roleplay because there's little lore pertaining to the other races, have other roleplayers suffered the same problem?

If you are a roleplayer... just stay on Azeroth, and stick to stories in vanilla, TBC and LK. That would be my advice. I don't think you can roleplay anything past LK sanely, certainly nothing in WoD.

Deleted
    We don't know yet how are we going to get to Draenor, but I guess you could form an expedition to stop the Iron Horde and actually roleplay the expansion's plot-line. I guess that's what we'll do on Defias Brotherhood at least, provided that it doesn't conflict with lore too much.

If brown skin options become available to orcs I am using my free 90 to make one and will rp as a frostwolf living in this old alternate dreanor. Also it is going to be one hell of a mind trip for my draenei, going back to see Karabor again after living through it's fall once.

I see a lot of tea sipping in my garisson in the future.

Deleted
    I'm from AD EU aswell

We don't know exactly how it will turn out yet, what we can do and if it is possible for us to RP there.

However i certianly hope that we can use our Garrisons as a new RP zone

(Oh yeah. AD EU representing here as well. ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    Not sure if this or the Roleplaying forum are the right place for this thread but here goes;

I'm a roleplayer over on Argent Dawn EU but roleplay's gotten stale for me now, I love the expansion from a PVEr's point of view, but I prefer to roleplay as it makes the world feel more alive.

Problem is outside of Orcs and Draenei I have no idea what I can roleplay because there's little lore pertaining to the other races, have other roleplayers suffered the same problem?
    You don't need to roleplay as a native of Draenor, you can just continue to roleplay your normal character as it crosses over to alternate Draenor to fight against the iron horde and adventure and what not.

It's another Orc-wanking expansion, with some Draenei tidbits thrown in.

Sorry dude, looks like unless you are a Metzenite, this expansion isn't gonna throw you any bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You don't need to roleplay as a native of Draenor, you can just continue to roleplay your normal character as it crosses over to alternate Draenor to fight against the iron horde and adventure and what not.
    This is what I'm planning on doing. My character, in her capacity as an SI:7 agent, will cross over to provide the Alliance with intel, plan and/or execute some sabotaging or assassination missions, and generally kick some arse.
    What actually happens once she gets there, though, I guess we'll have to see there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post

Sorry dude, looks like unless you are a Metzenite, this expansion isn't gonna throw you any bones.
    That's a funny name you have, for someone this critical of the expansion...

I see RPers playing house, doing college or tribal RPs, and all sorts of other nonsense. Frankly, I don't understand why you guys do half the stupid crap you do now, and fail to see how WoD will change that.

No, seriously. Enlighten me, please.

Really? I play a Wildhammer Shaman who adventures to explore the past and learn about the cultures of the world. An Expansion that takes us to a past before Dreanor became outland and most of the native cultures aside from the Horde are intact seems like alot of bones for me.

I like the Orcs, but I'd rather actually play as the Mag'har in the expansion and not green orcs, I like Draenei too but I've gotten bored of my Horde veteran Orc and my Draenei priest. Though it's hard to make reasoning for my Troll or Dwarf going into alternate Draenor to fight/adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    I see RPers playing house, doing college or tribal RPs, and all sorts of other nonsense. Frankly, I don't understand why you guys do half the stupid crap you do now, and fail to see how WoD will change that.

Do you play on an RP server by any chance? If so, I really have to ask you why.

10+ Year Old Account

Because it is fun?

You're mistaking the children who do premade RP groups for actual roleplayers.

I roleplay because I feel it adds to the experience of World of Warcraft, it lets me see it as more than a game but as a storybook in which we act out the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Do you play on an RP server by any chance? If so, I really have to ask you why.
    I hate to pull the "special snowflake" card, but I think my server treats RP differently than most other RP servers. For us, it mostly just means we enjoy immersion and don't give give a crap about your RL problems. While you're free to roleplay on our server, of course, nobody outside your group actually wants to see it.

And I think you misunderstood me. You obviously enjoy it, or you wouldn't do it. What I mean is, how is WoD going to change that?

I hate to pull the "special snowflake" card, but I think my server treats RP differently than most other RP servers. For us, it mostly just means we enjoy immersion and don't give give a crap about your RL problems. While you're free to roleplay on our server, of course, nobody outside your group actually wants to see it.

And I think you misunderstood me. You obviously enjoy it, or you wouldn't do it. What I mean is, how is WoD going to change that?
    I did misunderstand you, then. Apologies. Kind of came across as looking down on RP in general.
    And to answer your question: for me personally, it won't. Either WoD will give me a reason to RP on Draenor, in which case I probably will, or it won't, in which case I'll stick to RPing in Stormwind or Dalaran, or in one of the other places I frequent right now.