Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I usually exclusively play Draenei and Orcs so this expansion is a god send to me. With rumors to Mag'har orc skin being an option I'm going to be heading in the direction of playing solely Iron Horde Orcs, even going as far as playing on of my dead characters fathers. Maybe even my dead character now that he would be alive in an alternative reality. At first I thought this expansion would really blow RP wise, but a major Orcish Roleplayer this is the best thing that can be open to me.

Lok'tar Ogar!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, The "family", college and tribal RP's are usually things for beginner roleplayers that scrunge around Goldshire. If you want to see serious roleplay you should go around major cities on roleplay servers. I can assure you there are very literate and interesting stories going on besides the tea parties and dress up you seem to have only noticed.

I imagine Garrisons are one of the best thing to happen for those that enjoy roleplaying in WoW in a very long time, are they not? The chance for your character to build a fortress worthy of their deeds...

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Kind of came across as looking down on RP in general.
    Looking at my post again, I can see that. Sorry, didn't mean to. I've just seen the "WoD will kill RP' argument a few times now and legit don't understand why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KFI View Post
    I can assure you there are very literate and interesting stories going on besides the tea parties and dress up you seem to have only noticed.
    It's not really that I haven't noticed it, but that it straight up doesn't happen on my server. I only see it now because of CRZ. I'll take your word for it that it gets better.

For example, as a Forsaken Priest, I would note the vanity of changing one's past compared to the greatness than can be shaped in your future along with the origins of light/shadow further along the expansion. It is not the main concept but you can always come up with something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    I see RPers playing house, doing college or tribal RPs, and all sorts of other nonsense. Frankly, I don't understand why you guys do half the stupid crap you do now, and fail to see how WoD will change that.

No, seriously. Enlighten me, please.
    A lot of people just log in to do dailies on their own or end up doing dungeons/raiding with strangers who barely talk to each other, at least role-playing is all about interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanSon View Post
    A lot of people just log in to do dailies on their own or end up doing dungeons/raiding with strangers who barely talk to each other, at least role-playing is all about interaction.
    Read my other posts, please. I'm not trying to bash RP. I don't personally enjoy it, but I'm not a cop. You don't have to justify your playstyle to me.

Never played from an RP perspective but what's wrong with just assuming the role of Azeroth's forces to stop Garrosh?

Greetings from Moonglade EU Horde here.

The new expansion offers challenges for sure. As a RP Guild Master it'll be up to me to get people involved in this new expansion. RP in the main cities can be fine, but there's nothing I enjoy more than immersing my members in the current lore, and bring us out into the world for adventures.

Now, that may indeed be a challenge for Warlords of Draenor. Why should we care about what happens on that world?

For Alliance, the threat would seem pretty obvious. The current generation has grown up with the stories of the old days of glory, when the Horde emerged and nearly conquered the world. They conquered Stormwind. They laid siege to Ironforge. They killed their way into Quel'thalas and torched the forests. They almost took the world by storm, and now these Tides of Darkness have come again. And now you are the heroes of legend to stand against the shadows, and face the challenges of your heroes. It's different for Draenei, but those have a chance now to prevent the genocide of their people. Which Draenei wouldn't take that chance?

For Horde, the story is different. For the Orcs, they have their world back, untainted. They face a people uncorrupted, but like Garrosh, without the wisdom the Horde on Azeroth has gained. What other reasons are there to visit Draenor?

1. Revenge on Garrosh. This orc brough untold bloodshed and destruction, and now he wishes for a round two after escaping justice.

2. Adventuring and exploration. The untainted savage world of Draenor. What threats and wonders does it hold? Can this world be tamed? What resources and power may be found here? What secrets and dangers?

3. Threats to Azeroth. The Iron Horde will take battle to your homes and take the world by storm if unstopped. There are other threats too, however. You are armed the lessons of Outland. You know of the Burning Legion's interest in Draenor. You know the Arakkoa have some dark interests. You may even know of the Ogre empire. Draenor seems linked to Azeroth now, and there's no real idea how it may be undone. So it may be a very good idea to go deal with it.

4. Glory. The world of Draenor holds perhaps the strongest mortal creatures known to anyone. You've only seen the shadow of this world before. Outland is a tainted shattered shadow with the greatest strengths drained from it. Not so for this Draenor. Giants walk this world, and some of the most powerful beings to ever live inhabit this world. Gul'dan. Ner'zhul. Blackhand. These villains are alive and well.

For my guild, we have plenty of orcs drawn to this world. As the Hand of the Titans guild master, the hint Blizzard gave of traces of Titan presence on Draenor remaining is interesting to me too. Overall, my guild will be focusing mostly on the other threats of the world, not the orcs. I also hope we can get a lot of RP out of Garrisons.

That's all I can think of for now, but I hope it helps answer your questions a little and helps inspire some reasons to see you set foot IC on Draenor. It would be too bad not to see a path for involving your character in the lore of the expansion.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    AD EU represent !

Also, this is not as difficult as it initially seems really. There is the over-arching threat of the Iron Horde coming to Azeroth to repeat history in a far more brutal and organized fashion which both Horde and the Alliance (specifically the Alliance considering the history of the old wars) should be hugely worried and concerned about.
    We know that the Alliance are going on the offensive and taking the fight to Draenor, so that right there is reason enough for Alliance military RP guilds to go through the portal.

Then of course, there are the guilds who aren't military. Who need to think outside the box a little more to warrant going to a savage world on the brink of war. Everyone has their own reasons for going to Draenor, I imagine there will be a lot of historians interested in learning about that world before it became Outland so those folks have a reason to go.

Merchants and sellers are a must for military forces in a new world, someone has to keep them supplied and only the bravest will want to take a caravan through the portal to Draenor to supply their comrades.

Mercenaries and Adventurer guilds are self explanatory, these folks live and breath for this stuff. They'll go through JUST to find a reason to be on Draenor.

Nobles need not bother going. They can sit in Stormwind being pompus fools, business as usual for them.

Draenei, if you can't find a reason to go to your old homeworld before it fell then you're pretty much beyond help at this point.

... Long story short...There are tons of reasons to go to Draenor for RP! It's merely about finding what makes sense for you and your guild c:
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    Nobles need not bother going. They can sit in Stormwind being pompus fools, business as usual for them.
    +10 points for making me giggle.

I've gotten a lot of great ideas from here, but I do wonder what the future entails for my troll as he'd probably rather be hanging around with Vol'jin and rebuilding than focusing on Draenor...Though there could be ancient lore there.

My human's village was ransacked during the 1st invasion and war. This is his opportunity to get revenge on the commanders that murdered his family/friends. Sure, they may be different from the original commanders, but it feels the same to him.

There's really no need for WoD to drastically alter anything you are doing with a character, just like any expansion. All you need to determine is whether or not your character will be involved in those events or those events have effects on your character's current life. Of course there will be some new lore as always, so you will have to determine if that will have an effect on your character or not. Draenei and Orcs will of course be the most effected, particularly if it forces your character to cope with some unpleasant things about their past, or their family/people etc.

My Draenei Exarch will probably have to cope with some serious emotional baggage as he abandoned his daughter as she devolved on the main timeline Draenor. She would likely be alive and well on the alternate Draenor, leading to some conflicting feelings about even going there.

My Orc Hunter probably won't care. He will continue to be a crotchety old Orc scoffing at young punks who fill their heads with nonsense about honor and glory. He may go because he enjoys wandering and scoffing can be done anywhere.

My Dwarf Ambassador/Military Liason is in an odd position since he exists as a bridge to the Draenei. He may have reason to visit the WoD Draenor or may be too busy on Azeroth trying to coordinate delivery of resources and spending even more time trying to brief Dwarven forces on Draenei tactics and capabilities since there are now going to be more of them to coordinate with on that new Draenor (and those Draenei will have had less opportunity to learn Alliance procedures and tactics). He may also go insane from the paperwork and feel the need to get back in the field.

All of my other characters are likely unaffected at this time and are mostly retired. If something really interesting comes along I may un-retire one of them since I do have many Orcs and Draenei.